Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2022, 05:45 PM

39 posts, read 73,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanigan911 View Post
I think it has. I tried to go a week ago for lunch and it was closed at 1230.
If it was on a Monday it’s closed ever Monday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2022, 07:47 PM

503 posts, read 692,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmike View Post
Looks like the Pizza Hut in Five Forks has officially closed/moved down Woodruff in front of Hobby Lobby. They took all their signage down a few weeks ago and then a few days later hung up temporary banners saying they were open which was kind of amusing.

They could be just updating their image on that building. They used to be in the big lots shopping center behind McDonalds about 10 years ago and then they built that location in 5 forks and moved there. I cant imagine they would close it down at this point and force people to drive all the way to the other end of woodruff for pizza.

Old 10-27-2022, 06:03 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
They could be just updating their image on that building. They used to be in the big lots shopping center behind McDonalds about 10 years ago and then they built that location in 5 forks and moved there. I cant imagine they would close it down at this point and force people to drive all the way to the other end of woodruff for pizza.
Google reports it is permanently closed. I saw somewhere a number of PH dine-in restaurants would close and be replaced with their carryout/delivery model. I guess that fits their business more now since Covid and the stand alone dine in model is probably more expensive overhead wise (having to hire wait staff etc.) and harder to maintain. In hindsight they probably should have stayed in that carryout location in the old Winn Dixie shopping center which was more centrally located along Woodruff Rd.

Last edited by vistatiger; 10-27-2022 at 06:14 AM..

Old 10-28-2022, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Google reports it is permanently closed. I saw somewhere a number of PH dine-in restaurants would close and be replaced with their carryout/delivery model. I guess that fits their business more now since Covid and the stand alone dine in model is probably more expensive overhead wise (having to hire wait staff etc.) and harder to maintain. In hindsight they probably should have stayed in that carryout location in the old Winn Dixie shopping center which was more centrally located along Woodruff Rd.

That's crazy that they left five forks totally, but then again I don't think their pizza is that good to begin with since they changed up the recipe a few years ago something has been really off with the taste. I agree with you about them not leaving where they were originally since it was a better location for them.

Old 10-28-2022, 05:21 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
Forgot to post this the other day. Cool place!

https://www.voodoobrewery.com/locations/fountaininn

Old 11-01-2022, 06:46 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,756,471 times
“Saltwater Kitchen has permanently closed.” https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/e...en-has-closed/

Old 11-04-2022, 08:33 PM

115 posts, read 103,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
“Saltwater Kitchen has permanently closed.” https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/e...en-has-closed/
Sad to see them go. Love the lobster rolls. On the other hand, restaurant inside the mall isn't a bright idea unless you are a well know chain like The Cheesecake Factory.

Old 11-05-2022, 07:27 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverML View Post
Sad to see them go. Love the lobster rolls. On the other hand, restaurant inside the mall isn't a bright idea unless you are a well know chain like The Cheesecake Factory.
I didn't like how the place was walled off to the interior of the mall. It's like it didn't exist. Bad idea for a mall.

Grill Marks seems to do well there and it's seating and bar are more open air to the mall and passers by. A national casual chain (like a California Pizza Kitchen) would probably do much better there but knock down those walls and have the dining area more open to the mall.

Last edited by vistatiger; 11-05-2022 at 07:37 AM..

Old 11-05-2022, 12:03 PM

5,159 posts, read 7,346,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
That's crazy that they left five forks totally, but then again I don't think their pizza is that good to begin with since they changed up the recipe a few years ago something has been really off with the taste. I agree with you about them not leaving where they were originally since it was a better location for them.
Speaking of pizza, was there ever a Godfather's Pizza in Greenville? They were really good back in the 80s nd 90s and recently returned to Charlotte with a carryout location. Also apparently a dine in store in Marion, NC. I remember back in the day there was one in Ashevile also. Perhaps they are making a comeback.

Old 11-09-2022, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Speaking of pizza, was there ever a Godfather's Pizza in Greenville? They were really good back in the 80s nd 90s and recently returned to Charlotte with a carryout location. Also apparently a dine in store in Marion, NC. I remember back in the day there was one in Ashevile also. Perhaps they are making a comeback.

Apparently they have 445 locations according to an article I saw from 2021. I haven't seen one in a long time though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area