Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2023, 02:10 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times

Advertisements

The Skecher's store at Magnolia Park (between Cabela's and Nordstrom Rack) has closed. Didn't last long at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2023, 02:28 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
FWIW.. That KFC has been dark all week, so, I just popped through the parking lot on my way in today.. There are signs in the windows saying Permanently Closed.

So.. Yeah. That answers it fully.

I had seen that store closed some days, like they didn't have staff or something (In fact, the Long Johns/A&W Combo for a while was closed Sunday and Monday due to staffing).. So.. I wasn't entirely sure whether it was legit gone for good or not.

One would think one of the first things would be to remove the signage, which hasn't happened. The out front sign still has the KFC part, just nothing in the 'message' portion.

I maintain.. I don't think that building will stay unused long. That's a pretty good location. Sharing the lot with QT and having the traffic light right there.. Plus a pretty large lot for drive thru..

Old 01-10-2023, 02:36 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,524,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
FWIW.. That KFC has been dark all week, so, I just popped through the parking lot on my way in today.. There are signs in the windows saying Permanently Closed.

So.. Yeah. That answers it fully.

I had seen that store closed some days, like they didn't have staff or something (In fact, the Long Johns/A&W Combo for a while was closed Sunday and Monday due to staffing).. So.. I wasn't entirely sure whether it was legit gone for good or not.

One would think one of the first things would be to remove the signage, which hasn't happened. The out front sign still has the KFC part, just nothing in the 'message' portion.

I maintain.. I don't think that building will stay unused long. That's a pretty good location. Sharing the lot with QT and having the traffic light right there.. Plus a pretty large lot for drive thru..
That KFC sign is an eyesore among all of the new lower signs that have gone up. A new business will have to meet the new sign regulations Mauldin passed several years ago. For this reason, I hope it doesn't take long!

Old 01-10-2023, 04:03 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,877,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
The Skecher's store at Magnolia Park (between Cabela's and Nordstrom Rack) has closed. Didn't last long at all.
Good! Bunch of rude azzed workers there and never had anything in stock. I thought they had been there for a couple of years though.

Old 01-10-2023, 06:22 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Good! Bunch of rude azzed workers there and never had anything in stock. I thought they had been there for a couple of years though.
Fall of 21. Barely over a year. I guess like a lot of places they were lucky if they just had someone show for work with a pulse whether they had customer service skills or not.

Old 01-10-2023, 06:48 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
Quote:
Manassas, here.. Stonewall Jackson class of '91.. lol.

Not really.. By 91 things had already blown up.. Roy's had been converted to Hardee's.. Some of them sold off to McDonalds.. The CF was well underway by '91.
I believe the buyout occurred in 91 but the conversions began in 92. Most of the Roy's in Northern Virginia and Maryland were converted to Hardee's. They kept the Roy Rogers fried chicken but everything else was changed to Hardee's menu. They dropped the fixins bar and the roast beef was lower quality. The conversion failed and customers revolted, so Hardee's was forced to change them all back to Roy Rogers. It was an improvement but the quality control was not as good as Marriott. So eventually they were sold off to McDonald's and other competitors. Only the independent franchises remained, and today the Maryland franchise operates the brand.

Back in the day, the fried chicken at Hardee's was the Roy Rogers recipe, but when Carl's Jr. bought Hardee's they eliminated the bone in chicken. Select Hardee's franchises today still serve fried chicken, but it may not be the exact Roy Rogers recipe.

Old 01-11-2023, 06:03 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
No more KFC? How will we ever survive?

Old 01-11-2023, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
No more KFC? How will we ever survive?
I've been enjoying Bojangles alot recently. Pricing not as high as Popeyes.

Old 01-11-2023, 02:51 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I've been enjoying Bojangles alot recently. Pricing not as high as Popeyes.

TBH.. Try Publix. For the price, which I think is $8.99 for 8 pieces..

And it's good.. I won't say it's as good as either Popeyes or Bo's.. But.. Once you take the price into account.. It blows them out of the water.

Old 01-11-2023, 03:04 PM

Quote:
TBH.. Try Publix. For the price, which I think is $8.99 for 8 pieces..

And it's good.. I won't say it's as good as either Popeyes or Bo's.. But.. Once you take the price into account.. It blows them out of the water.
Publix fried chicken is good indeed. But Harris Teeter chicken is normally lower priced, with nice large pieces. But I just add a bit more garlic and herb seasoning for my taste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area