Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2023, 09:43 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I don't remember the Bojangles but I guess it's possible the old Del Taco was either converted or razed and rebuilt. The Del Taco on Clemson Blvd in Anderson is now a Cookout and I believe it was converted to Fazoli's before that. I know Greenwood also had a Del Taco in the late 80's that is now a DQ. Haywood Mall had a Del Taco next to the arcade in the lower level mall entrance near JCP. That lower level entrance became part of the new Dillard's wing extension.

Certainly was a Bo's there, I just don't recall if there were two buildings or one. From the satellite view, looks like only a single pad.

https://goo.gl/maps/DpaNLUKcuHxUf3aUA

So, I'd say it was Del Taco that became Bo's.

FWIW.. That gas station there has gone through MULTIPLE brandings, and was closed for a time.. At least from 2016-2017. And, from the street view, that Waffle House has been gone since at least 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2023, 05:27 AM

428 posts, read 362,015 times
I wanna say the last time I was at that Waffle House would have been spring of 2002. I remember it because a huge fight broke out in the parking lot before we got served and we just got up and left.

Old 02-03-2023, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzy_army View Post
I wanna say the last time I was at that Waffle House would have been spring of 2002. I remember it because a huge fight broke out in the parking lot before we got served and we just got up and left.

lol.. Again.. At that place.. Could have been any day or any year.

Old 02-03-2023, 08:12 AM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
The Del Taco that was next to that Holiday Inn back in the 80's was another late night hot spot after the clubs closed. Drive thru was open until 2 or 3 am I think. You can still see the concrete pad where it stood. We used to stop for a Grande Burrito or Tacos. It was so good with fresher ingredients back then before the private equity and holding company owners got a hold of those type places and cut costs by switching to frozen and canned crap.
Del Taco is now owned by Jack in the Box and their nearest locations are around Atlanta. They now include burgers on their menu.

Old 02-04-2023, 01:30 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,756,471 times
Another one of our favorite restaurants is closing after the owners, Dino and Maria Demas decided to retire. Mama Maria's on White Horse Road was a wonderful place to fellowship and to eat Mediterranean food. We will surely miss this place, especially the marinara sauce. I swear, you could put that sauce on cardboard, and it would still be good. Our waitress, Stacey, was the best in the business. She seemed to know everyone that came in the door, and what they normally ordered. She was amazing. Their last day is Saturday, February 11. The owners son operates Dino's in Mauldin, but there will never be another Mama Maria's.

Old 02-04-2023, 03:45 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
Another one of our favorite restaurants is closing after the owners, Dino and Maria Demas decided to retire. Mama Maria's on White Horse Road was a wonderful place to fellowship and to eat Mediterranean food. We will surely miss this place, especially the marinara sauce. I swear, you could put that sauce on cardboard, and it would still be good. Our waitress, Stacey, was the best in the business. She seemed to know everyone that came in the door, and what they normally ordered. She was amazing. Their last day is Saturday, February 11. The owners son operates Dino's in Mauldin, but there will never be another Mama Maria's.
That doesn't seem like it's been around that long. I'm thinking it was built around 2010. Very nice building and would think it would not stay vacant that long. There is a big residential growth spurt going on around that particular area especially town home communities.

Old 02-15-2023, 12:35 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Bye bye Williams Sonoma.

Old 02-16-2023, 01:24 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Someone posted on another board that Bojangle's in Powdersville closed down. Are they relocating? I guess this is the one off 85. If this is true, odd being right on the interstate with all it's traffic.

Old 02-17-2023, 10:37 AM

428 posts, read 362,015 times
https://www.tuesdaymorning.com/2023-store-closing-sale

Easley gone and the one here in Aiken.

My grandmother loved that store. That and big lots. Haha

Old 02-17-2023, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzy_army View Post
https://www.tuesdaymorning.com/2023-store-closing-sale

Easley gone and the one here in Aiken.

My grandmother loved that store. That and big lots. Haha

My understanding is that the entire chain is having issues.. I think that whole industry.

Yeah, they just declared bankruptcy (again) on... Wait for it.. Tuesday Morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area