Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2023, 09:09 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,882,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
No idea. I've never tried to find it.
https://www.facebook.com/17988986470...6838492965737/

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mi...g%2F11plps7w3t

Been closed for a while. Shame too! A lot of money spent a few times to get it open/reopened only to be closed by the county, or so the rumor goes. There was also a cart track at Martins Crossroads, but it closed many years ago and someone, name escapes me now, tried to reopen it , but it just gets used for one certain driver to pactice his dirt car on, again name escapes me and I havent heard it in a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2023, 10:04 AM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
https://www.facebook.com/17988986470...6838492965737/

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mi...g%2F11plps7w3t

Been closed for a while. Shame too! A lot of money spent a few times to get it open/reopened only to be closed by the county, or so the rumor goes. There was also a cart track at Martins Crossroads, but it closed many years ago and someone, name escapes me now, tried to reopen it , but it just gets used for one certain driver to pactice his dirt car on, again name escapes me and I havent heard it in a while.

Seems i've heard it since 2008.. But that is the general area that I remember hearing it from.

Old 03-07-2023, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Seems i've heard it since 2008.. But that is the general area that I remember hearing it from.
There was anattempt in like 20113 or 14 to open it back up as a go cart track. I think they may have had one of 2 races there, or possibly more, I dont really remember now, but I do know the county shut them down, again, due to noise complaints. I think some Arabian people own the properrty now. There was also K&S Kartway also, rght outside of Fountian Inn. Long story on that one............but it eventually closed up.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Fo...6zL20vMDEzbDF2

Old 03-07-2023, 12:54 PM

130 posts, read 76,929 times
Quote:
That's the problem with small tracks in the US now. They've been there forever. Then people move next to them and start complaining about noise.

No ****. It's a racetrack. It was there before you. You know what you were getting into.

Quote:
That's part of it, i'm sure.. But.. There's a track SOMEWHERE near Gray Court.. I have no idea exactly where it is.. But I used to be able to hear it on Friday or Saturday nights. There's no way it was Laurens..

I can find a number of go kart tracks around, but.. The noise seems louder than go karts.

But.. Again.. It's like a couple of hours on Saturday (or Friday) night.. They're not out there until midnight or anything.
So is the sound an issue or not? You started out saying that people move next to them and then complain about the noise. Then replied that the noise wasn't that bad and didn't last that long. Or are you trying to say that a lot of other people are bothered by the noise that you aren't? I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here.

Old 03-07-2023, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromaluski View Post
So is the sound an issue or not? You started out saying that people move next to them and then complain about the noise. Then replied that the noise wasn't that bad and didn't last that long. Or are you trying to say that a lot of other people are bothered by the noise that you aren't? I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here.

I was over 5 miles away. Didn't bother me a bit.

I heard it.. And even if I was next to it.. So long as the track was there before me.. It didn't run at hours that I could complain about. Not like they were running at midnight or anything.

So.. I had no complaints.. But.. I also had no reason to complain because of how far away it was. I wasn't a neighbor of it.

Had I been.. No complaint because the noise wasn't horrible and it was one night a week from about 7pm to 10pm. Ended well before I'd complain at all about it.

I have neighbors who will get out and shoot their guns on some Saturday afternoons.. Can't complain about that, either.. so long as they're safely shooting..

Now.. Another guy out my way would get VERY liquored up on holidays and go out shooting at 3am. The cops showed up multiple times for him. Not all of which were me calling them.

There's arguments about shooting after dark.. There's no argument about shooting while intoxicated.

Old 03-07-2023, 03:15 PM

Quote:
There's arguments about shooting after dark.. There's no argument about shooting while intoxicated.
Its actually illegal to shoot a gun after sunset in SC unless you are at an indoor range or in self defense.

Old 03-07-2023, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Its actually illegal to shoot a gun after sunset in SC unless you are at an indoor range or in self defense.

I've heard that before, but never been able to find it in the Code.

Old 03-07-2023, 07:15 PM

Quote:
I've heard that before, but never been able to find it in the Code.
Its actually under the jurisdiction of the DNR. Been so long since i got my CWP I cant recall exactly where it was stated.

Old 03-08-2023, 12:21 PM

I'm hearing word that Nick Como of Como Pete's #4 passed away.

Old 03-09-2023, 07:01 AM

428 posts, read 362,705 times
Quote:
That's the problem with small tracks in the US now. They've been there forever. Then people move next to them and start complaining about noise.

No ****. It's a racetrack. It was there before you. You know what you were getting into.
They don't complain, but like I said they won't be sad that's it gone. Considering your screen name I could see your position on that. HAHA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area