Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2023, 12:29 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,012,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberclaw View Post
McAlister's Deli on Woodruff closed. Went by yesterday, noticed the signs taken down, and the windows have been papered over.
There is one not far away on Congaree behind the mall and I think someone posted they are building one in Simpsonville so I guess caught in the middle it is no longer needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2023, 12:00 PM

428 posts, read 362,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Greenville Pickens Speedway is up for sale to be converted into an industrial park! It doesn't say the track is being removed, but appears to be. The listing is for 305 acres.

https://realtylinkdev.com/property-i...=1123248-lease

Kevin Whitaker (Chevrolet) currently is the owner on the famous NASCAR track.
My parents live near there. They won't be sad to see it go. Haha

Old 03-05-2023, 12:03 PM

17,573 posts, read 15,237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzy_army View Post
My parents live near there. They won't be sad to see it go. Haha

That's the problem with small tracks in the US now. They've been there forever. Then people move next to them and start complaining about noise.

No ****. It's a racetrack. It was there before you. You know what you were getting into.

Old 03-06-2023, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberclaw View Post
McAlister's Deli on Woodruff closed. Went by yesterday, noticed the signs taken down, and the windows have been papered over.
Speaking of McAlister's Deli there was a fire at the Congaree Rd location last night.

https://www.wyff4.com/article/crews-...iness/43202921

Old 03-06-2023, 06:14 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,873,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Speaking of McAlister's Deli there was a fire at the Congaree Rd location last night.

https://www.wyff4.com/article/crews-...iness/43202921
Beat me to it!

Old 03-06-2023, 12:51 PM

128 posts, read 76,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
That's the problem with small tracks in the US now. They've been there forever. Then people move next to them and start complaining about noise.

No ****. It's a racetrack. It was there before you. You know what you were getting into.
I agree with you... but that's capitalism for you. It's worth more as land than it is as a racetrack now that the area is growing.

At the same time, though, I think that part of the problem is that people that buy next to it don't always know what they're getting into. Real estate agents have zero incentive to warn people "hey, just to point out, there's a racetrack in your backyard" and every incentive to not mention it since they get paid by selling houses and there isn't a ton of repeat customers in the real estate business.

Old 03-06-2023, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromaluski View Post
I agree with you... but that's capitalism for you. It's worth more as land than it is as a racetrack now that the area is growing.

At the same time, though, I think that part of the problem is that people that buy next to it don't always know what they're getting into. Real estate agents have zero incentive to warn people "hey, just to point out, there's a racetrack in your backyard" and every incentive to not mention it since they get paid by selling houses and there isn't a ton of repeat customers in the real estate business.

That's part of it, i'm sure.. But.. There's a track SOMEWHERE near Gray Court.. I have no idea exactly where it is.. But I used to be able to hear it on Friday or Saturday nights. There's no way it was Laurens..

I can find a number of go kart tracks around, but.. The noise seems louder than go karts.

But.. Again.. It's like a couple of hours on Saturday (or Friday) night.. They're not out there until midnight or anything.

Old 03-06-2023, 03:02 PM

Quote:
That's part of it, i'm sure.. But.. There's a track SOMEWHERE near Gray Court.. I have no idea exactly where it is.. But I used to be able to hear it on Friday or Saturday nights. There's no way it was Laurens..

I can find a number of go kart tracks around, but.. The noise seems louder than go karts.

But.. Again.. It's like a couple of hours on Saturday (or Friday) night.. They're not out there until midnight or anything.
I have family that lives near the Lowes Motor Speedway and the Dirt Track in Concord. I have spent the night there on the weekend of a race and it's not that bad when you are in the house. Now if you go out to walk the dog or something you hear the hum but still not that bad. Worst part by far is the traffic around the Speedway.

Old 03-06-2023, 04:43 PM

5,671 posts, read 5,873,497 times
Quote:

Mileback?

Old 03-07-2023, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Mileback?

No idea. I've never tried to find it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area