Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2023, 12:43 PM

1,912 posts, read 1,128,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Looks like a rash of openings not closings. Lol.
Closings, particularly in the Dillard’s wing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2023, 12:51 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post
Closings, particularly in the Dillard’s wing.
Makes sense. Some of those tenants in that wing like Sees Candies and Hickory Farms only signed temporary leases for the holiday season so they weren't going to stick around anyways.

Old 01-03-2023, 01:08 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
I don't think this has been mentioned here: Mauldin's KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) has closed.

Something has been quite wrong there for a bit, I believe.

Not sure if it's been staffing or what, but I'd often see that place closed when I would drive past on my way from work.

Good location, so I'd be surprised if someone doesn't snatch it up so far as the property soon. They have the light there at QT for easy in and out.

Old 01-03-2023, 01:33 PM

KFC says that location is still open on their website.

Old 01-03-2023, 01:36 PM

Quote:
KFC says that location is still open on their website.

Yeah, well.. KFCs are often so bad they are likely required by the EPA to keep people on site for a time after they close for mitigation of the contamination.

I didn't pay any attention to it this AM.. Will side eye it on the way home tonight to see what's up. It's possible that the person who brought it up might have been fooled by some holiday hours or something?

Old 01-03-2023, 01:45 PM

Farmhouse Tacos to close:

https://greenvillejournal.com/eat-dr...5UrTiptPphLBus

Old 01-03-2023, 04:10 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,524,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Yeah, well.. KFCs are often so bad they are likely required by the EPA to keep people on site for a time after they close for mitigation of the contamination.

I didn't pay any attention to it this AM.. Will side eye it on the way home tonight to see what's up. It's possible that the person who brought it up might have been fooled by some holiday hours or something?
Nope. Boards up on the windows and sign is now blank.

Old 01-03-2023, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Popeyes did them in I guess.

Old 01-03-2023, 04:34 PM

Quote:

Well, I totally missed that.

Quote:
Popeyes did them in I guess.

Strange. That Popeyes is pretty bad as well. Not food wise, but service related. I pretty much just won't go back to it. They do seem to keep it decently clean, which is a plus.

I stick by.. that's a good location and it will likely be snapped up quite quickly. Building is a bit older than I thought.. It was there in '08. But.. I could see a number of concepts snapping that location up.

FWIW.. Property and building owned by JRN Inc, which seems to be a large KFC franchisee. They also have one in Greer and one on North Pleasantburg (Beside Staples).. So.. Seems it'd be a one off closure. And, again, from what I always saw of the lack of business there.. Can't say there's any surprise in that.

Old 01-03-2023, 07:53 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,524,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Well, I totally missed that.

Strange. That Popeyes is pretty bad as well. Not food wise, but service related. I pretty much just won't go back to it. They do seem to keep it decently clean, which is a plus.

I stick by.. that's a good location and it will likely be snapped up quite quickly. Building is a bit older than I thought.. It was there in '08. But.. I could see a number of concepts snapping that location up.

FWIW.. Property and building owned by JRN Inc, which seems to be a large KFC franchisee. They also have one in Greer and one on North Pleasantburg (Beside Staples).. So.. Seems it'd be a one off closure. And, again, from what I always saw of the lack of business there.. Can't say there's any surprise in that.
When we moved here in 2003 there was a residence where QT is now and a gas station where the now closed KFC is. I can't think of any fast food we are missing that isn't already in Mauldin or nearby. That would be a good spot for White Castle to enter the southeast!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area