Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2019, 10:13 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by btexpress View Post
Carolina fine food closed on Augusta Rd. but why?
I noticed that too the other day. Wasn't there a master plan by the city about 10 years ago to redevelop that area and old shopping center at Augusta/Mauldin Rd?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2019, 11:40 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2007 View Post
Isn't that listing for the old Ruby Tuesday's, not Firehouse?
you're right. my bad.

Old 01-27-2019, 11:41 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeoid View Post
Drat, I ate there yesterday and it seemed to be doing a good business.
I reads it wrong, sorry.

Old 01-27-2019, 12:24 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I noticed that too the other day. Wasn't there a master plan by the city about 10 years ago to redevelop that area and old shopping center at Augusta/Mauldin Rd?
Yes, Terrace Shopping Center/Potomac Square Shopping Center had a redevelopment plan. I cannot find that plan anywhere now. I would not mind seeing it redeveloped for new retail development (i.e. grocery, pharmacy, restaurants, etc.).

Old 01-27-2019, 11:10 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Yes, Terrace Shopping Center/Potomac Square Shopping Center had a redevelopment plan. I cannot find that plan anywhere now. I would not mind seeing it redeveloped for new retail development (i.e. grocery, pharmacy, restaurants, etc.).

Needs to be a redevelopment plan for the old Holiday Inn site. And the old Community Cash center further down Augusta just before White Horse Rd.. I've said it before.. A grocery store at that location is sorely needed.

Old 01-28-2019, 07:11 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Needs to be a redevelopment plan for the old Holiday Inn site. And the old Community Cash center further down Augusta just before White Horse Rd.. I've said it before.. A grocery store at that location is sorely needed.
Not sure a grocer would be interested in that area. Bi-Lo and Aldi aren't that far away over on Pleasantburg. I am suprised that old drive-in theater property next to 85 across from the Spinx/Burger King has never developed with retail like a Walmart or a hotel. The other side next to 85 sure did with Home Depot and Aldi.

Old 01-28-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Not sure a grocer would be interested in that area. Bi-Lo and Aldi aren't that far away over on Pleasantburg. I am suprised that old drive-in theater property next to 85 across from the Spinx/Burger King has never developed with retail like a Walmart or a hotel. The other side next to 85 sure did with Home Depot and Aldi.

Talking about the old Community Cash location for the grocery store.

The Holiday Inn site.. Not sure what could go there, but something other than what is there. Hotel won't work in that area anymore, I don't think. Things have shifted since it was built.

That site, coupled with the drive in site you mention.. They could almost combine them and make a mini restaurant row, or a small retail area to take some load off Woodruff Rd.. But.. That's a catch-22.. You have to rebuild the area before building the retail.. You have to have some retail to help build the area.

Old 01-28-2019, 03:43 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times
Pedal Chic closed. Went to on-line sales.

Old 01-28-2019, 04:04 PM

Hardly worth mentioning here, but always kinda interesting when you see something like this. A Burger King closed down in Laurens across the street from Ceramtec in the gas station there. They scaled back the hours at the start of the year and now just have a closed sign up.

Don't overly think that has any wider ranging implications.. It wasn't a great location.

Old 01-28-2019, 05:06 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,877,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Hardly worth mentioning here, but always kinda interesting when you see something like this. A Burger King closed down in Laurens across the street from Ceramtec in the gas station there. They scaled back the hours at the start of the year and now just have a closed sign up.

Don't overly think that has any wider ranging implications.. It wasn't a great location.
Lost the lease, but yea that place never made much sense to me. I guess they were hoping for the Ceramtec/Milliken crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area