Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2019, 08:51 AM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by md2007 View Post
The site plans for the Jiffy Lube show a rebuild of a drive-through restaurant to replace Hardee's. It may just be a demo and rebuilt for them, or possibly a different restaurant.

http://ldiline.com/showpdf.cfm?proj=...01.pdf&dir=Civ

If I'm not mistaken, that Hardee's is quite old. There's one further back towards Greenville (I think it has a Taylors address) on Wade Hampton that burned down around 2000 and was rebuilt.

most of the Hardee's in the area are original construction from the 60's to 70's. Will not surprise me that some of them are starting to have issues which become more cost effective, long term, to rebuild vs repair.

Remember that the Hardee's building concept in this area in the 70's at least had the bathrooms on the outside. So far as I know, they updated all those in the 90's and early 2000's to enclose the bathrooms in the building. Generally, if you find one with the 'sun roof'(Atrium? No idea what they called that thing).. That was added on during a remodel at the same time they enclosed the bathrooms in the building.

Isn't that the one that had a Quincy's beside it until Quincy's shut down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2019, 10:10 AM

428 posts, read 362,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, that Hardee's is quite old. There's one further back towards Greenville (I think it has a Taylors address) on Wade Hampton that burned down around 2000 and was rebuilt.

most of the Hardee's in the area are original construction from the 60's to 70's. Will not surprise me that some of them are starting to have issues which become more cost effective, long term, to rebuild vs repair.

Remember that the Hardee's building concept in this area in the 70's at least had the bathrooms on the outside. So far as I know, they updated all those in the 90's and early 2000's to enclose the bathrooms in the building. Generally, if you find one with the 'sun roof'(Atrium? No idea what they called that thing).. That was added on during a remodel at the same time they enclosed the bathrooms in the building.

Isn't that the one that had a Quincy's beside it until Quincy's shut down?

Yeah that one on wade hampton burned down. I lived in the neighborhood behind that shopping center in '97. It was a fairly new building it seemed in 97. My brother and I used to walk there all the time.

Old 02-07-2019, 11:22 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2007 View Post
The site plans for the Jiffy Lube show a rebuild of a drive-through restaurant to replace Hardee's. It may just be a demo and rebuilt for them, or possibly a different restaurant.

http://ldiline.com/showpdf.cfm?proj=...01.pdf&dir=Civ
What a beautiful looking Publix.

Old 02-07-2019, 11:24 AM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzy_army View Post
Yeah that one on wade hampton burned down. I lived in the neighborhood behind that shopping center in '97. It was a fairly new building it seemed in 97. My brother and I used to walk there all the time.

It burned after it was acquired by CKE, I know that. So, it had to have been 98/99 at the earliest that it burned. as I recall, it was closed for a remodel and the manager was using a pressure washer and drug the hose on it, which tipped over a gas can, that spilled fuel that ran under the (gas) hot water heater.

Old 02-07-2019, 08:30 PM

428 posts, read 362,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
It burned after it was acquired by CKE, I know that. So, it had to have been 98/99 at the earliest that it burned. as I recall, it was closed for a remodel and the manager was using a pressure washer and drug the hose on it, which tipped over a gas can, that spilled fuel that ran under the (gas) hot water heater.
You're right. We moved in May '98 and it had never been closed while we lived there. So, the remodel then burning was after that.

Old 02-16-2019, 08:22 AM

723 posts, read 1,149,887 times
Payless ShoeSource, which operates locally in the Target Shopping Center on Woodruff Rd. across from Regal Cinemas, soon will be no more.

"Payless ShoeSource closing all 2,100 U.S. stores, starting liquidation sales Sunday" [Source: USAToday.com, Published 6:10 p.m. ET Feb. 15, 2019]

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ng/2885949002/

Old 02-16-2019, 10:40 AM

446 posts, read 415,478 times
Apparently American Roadside Burger on McBee Street has closed.

Old 02-16-2019, 11:15 AM

453 posts, read 646,995 times
That must’ve been fast! They were posting stuff to their Facebook page the day before yesterday.

Old 02-16-2019, 11:45 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWP69 View Post
Apparently American Roadside Burger on McBee Street has closed.
Their burgers were bland

Old 02-18-2019, 10:32 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,360,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
Is the Greer Hardeeā€™s on Wade Hampton permenantly closing or is it moving or remodeling?
I am concerned if this Hardee's is indeed permanently closing or is it a rebuild or remodel? Both the Taylors Hardee's and Lyman locations also on Wade Hampton have been renovated in recent years with a newer design scheme. But perhaps a total of 4 Hardee's on Wade Hampton has proven excessive and they decided to close a poorer performing location. The 2 Greer locations were very nearby.

As for food quality, both Hardee's and Bojangle's are indeed well known for breakfast biscuits. But depending upon my preference on a given day, I also enjoy breakfast offerings at McDonald's and Jack in the Box.

As for burgers, my favorite Hardee's burgers are now only offered on the Carl's Jr. menu at the sister chain. The flagship Superstar with Cheese, Famous Star, and Big Carl (Big Twin) should be returned to the Hardee's menu as I prefer thin patty double burgers with the signature sauce. And I wish they would consider returning the Roy Rogers fried chicken, but that may now be a trademark issue since the 2 chains are no longer affiliated. In fact, the Roy Rogers conversion to Hardee's was such a disaster that the new CKE owned restaurants in the Northeast are now branded Carl's Jr. rather than Hardee's since the Hardee's name has proven so unpopular in that region.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area