Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2019, 10:55 AM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
But depending upon my preference on a given day, I also enjoy breakfast offerings at McDonald's and Jack in the Box.

You have something very wrong with you on certain days.

McDonalds.. I can give you something of a pass.. their biscuits are bad, but the McMuffins and the breakfast platters aren't bad at all. And their hash brown is great. Pancakes are generally pretty good, too.

Jack in the Box.. WOW.. that was SO bad. the biscuit was bad, the sausage was bad. Everything was bad. Sausage had no spice to it and tasted like it had been cooked in the deep fryer.

From a quality standpoint, I don't understand how that place stays in business. You can tell they didn't do well around here because they opened a bunch and closed half of them.. but.. I'm shocked the other half is still open.

People say JitB is drunk food.. You only eat it when you're drunk at 2am.. I can't get that drunk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2019, 11:04 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,360,005 times
The biscuits at Jack in the Box are not fresh made. Other items are much better such as breakfast sandwiches and burritos. And burger quality can vary by location, although I have heard the Jack in the Box locations in Texas and California tend to be much better.

But my first choice would be Roy Rogers, but unfortunately they don't seem to be expanding outside of Virginia, which I find disappointing. But I do enjoy Culver's since they expanded here from the Midwest. Now if we could also just get a Big Boy.

But good news, Popeyes now being built in Greer.

Old 02-18-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:
The biscuits at Jack in the Box are not fresh made. Other items are much better such as breakfast sandwiches and burritos. And burger quality can vary by location, although I have heard the Jack in the Box locations in Texas and California tend to be much better.

But my first choice would be Roy Rogers, but unfortunately they don't seem to be expanding outside of Virginia, which I find disappointing. But I do enjoy Culver's since they expanded here from the Midwest. Now if we could also just get a Big Boy.

But good news, Popeyes now being built in Greer.

I'm totally with you on Popeyes. To be honest.. If I ever ate at a true Big Boy, it was so many years ago I don't remember it.

I remember eating at Roy's when I was growing up in VA and.. Not bad. I mean, I don't think I have the love you do for them, but they were certainly the higher tier of fast food.

Do you.. And I may have asked you about this in the past.. Do you recall the Jerry's Subs and Pizza chain in NoVA/DC/MD? Those used to be on every corner when I was in high school up there. They seem to have seriously contracted over the past 20+ years. Looks like only about 30 locations or so now.

Old 02-18-2019, 02:24 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
https://www.wyff4.com/article/anothe...-down/26395973

Old 02-19-2019, 11:01 AM

9,504 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWP69 View Post
Apparently American Roadside Burger on McBee Street has closed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Their burgers were bland
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Went there just once and was not impressed. Much better choices in the area. It does suck how they treated their employees though.

Old 02-19-2019, 11:02 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Went there just once and was not impressed. Much better choices in the area. It does suck how they treated their employees though.
Wild Wing Cafe must have taught them how it’s done. LOL.

Old 02-19-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post

What were they going to do? Tell everyone "We're thinking about closing down" and just watch the mass exodus?

Look, I agree that it sucks for their employees, and I will give some blame that in situations like this, they ought to provide a severance of some kind.

But notifying the employees that you're going to close? What good would that do? You're going to close earlier than that because you won't have the employees to keep the place open. So, you're right back in the same boat.

Old 02-19-2019, 02:59 PM

29 posts, read 42,585 times
Sounds like they gathered the employees at 7PM and told them they were closing at 8PM. As they walked out, the moving trucks were pulling into the parking lot.

Old 02-19-2019, 03:57 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,360,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I'm totally with you on Popeyes. To be honest.. If I ever ate at a true Big Boy, it was so many years ago I don't remember it.

I remember eating at Roy's when I was growing up in VA and.. Not bad. I mean, I don't think I have the love you do for them, but they were certainly the higher tier of fast food.

Do you.. And I may have asked you about this in the past.. Do you recall the Jerry's Subs and Pizza chain in NoVA/DC/MD? Those used to be on every corner when I was in high school up there. They seem to have seriously contracted over the past 20+ years. Looks like only about 30 locations or so now.
Yes I recall Jerry's Subs and Pizza everywhere. Did not realize they had reduced locations. Also Friendly's has apparently reduced locations in recent years. Also dined there as well as Bob's Big Boy. Friendly's had good ice cream, burgers, and breakfast.

Old 02-19-2019, 07:25 PM

826 posts, read 1,126,286 times
Quote:
Yes I recall Jerry's Subs and Pizza everywhere. Did not realize they had reduced locations. Also Friendly's has apparently reduced locations in recent years. Also dined there as well as Bob's Big Boy. Friendly's had good ice cream, burgers, and breakfast.
I spent parts of my youth in the DC area. When I was in elementary school Jerry’s was our go to for pizza. My family moved away and then came back 8 years later when I was in high school in the early 2000s. The pizza was still pretty good but my go to quickly changed to their steak and cheese subs. Fast forward a few more years I moved back to that after college. I took my roommate who wasn’t from the DC area there shortly after we moved in, swearing that their subs were great even though they were definitely not authentic Phillies. Well they fell way short of that. Either the quality dropped or I just didn’t know good food back in high school. They weren’t bad but certainly not as good as I remember. If I’m in that area for business I’ll still occasionally stop in for the nostalgia, but the food doesn’t seem to be what was 20 years ago, probably why they have reduced locations quite a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area