Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2020, 09:54 PM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times

Advertisements

Yes. I was in that Sears store at Haywood even before the holiday's and noticed the lack of inventory. Wide swath's of floor space with no merchandise especially in the tool section which used to be their bread and butter. Don't see how it could be profitable any longer. Would not buy anything from there at this point especially major appliances. If you google search Sears News the closing announcements have already started and it's only Jan. 2. With only 128 stores not much left to close. The remaining chain was strictly bought last year for the real estate I guess. Doesn't seem like a viable retailer anymore especially nationally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2020, 10:08 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,212,057 times
Please just stick a fork in it so we don't have to watch it twisting in the wind.

Old 01-03-2020, 08:58 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,183,418 times
Had no idea, and didn't see it posted before, but Cakeheads Bakeshop in DT Spartanburg closed in August. It's the only place I would get cupcakes when I had the desire, which I guess wasn't often enough in not knowing they closed til recently.

Old 01-04-2020, 10:13 AM

723 posts, read 1,149,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
And they have sold off their renowned appliance and hardware brands such as Kenmore, Craftsman, and Diehard. So you can now purchase these brands at Lowe's or Home Depot, or perhaps even Amazon.
According to Forbes.com:

"Sears still owns the third brand, Kenmore, but has licensed it out to a variety of third parties, including Amazon. Last year, Kenmore-branded products including vacuum cleaners and grills began showing up across the retail spectrum including at Home Depot, Lowe’s and Target. Sears continues to sell Kenmore-labeled products and said it will also maintain DieHard as part of its brand mix."

Old 01-04-2020, 07:36 PM

90 posts, read 104,077 times
We went to Vito’s pizzeria and found it under new management. Very disappointed as we loved the Italian food there.

Does anyone know where they went?

Old 01-04-2020, 08:12 PM

1,845 posts, read 2,764,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftgrfr View Post
We went to Vito’s pizzeria and found it under new management. Very disappointed as we loved the Italian food there.

Does anyone know where they went?
Vito's was very good! Likely went to open the upcoming Belladina’s Pizzeria in downtown Greenville.

Old 01-04-2020, 08:36 PM

115 posts, read 104,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Yes. I was in that Sears store at Haywood even before the holiday's and noticed the lack of inventory. Wide swath's of floor space with no merchandise especially in the tool section which used to be their bread and butter. Don't see how it could be profitable any longer. Would not buy anything from there at this point especially major appliances. If you google search Sears News the closing announcements have already started and it's only Jan. 2. With only 128 stores not much left to close. The remaining chain was strictly bought last year for the real estate I guess. Doesn't seem like a viable retailer anymore especially nationally.
My family was in sears 3 weeks ago and we saw some really good bargain on children clothes that were marked down to 97 cents and some for under $2. Some of the clothes had Kmart price tags on them. Apparently nothing was stocked during that time. We were there again today and the sales floor was really empty. Nothing stocked since. I believe this Sears or even Sears/Kmart all together is going to be the year that ends it all.

Old 01-05-2020, 09:48 AM

6,476 posts, read 6,449,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
The Haywood Sears will shutter when Sears gets a good enough deal on it. They own the land and parking lot space too, not just the store. Until then they'll likely let it sit and rot.

Old 01-05-2020, 10:59 AM

654 posts, read 364,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
they'll likely let it sit and rot.
That describes what Simon does with the whole mall. Too bad there is no mall competition in town.

Old 01-05-2020, 02:21 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,449,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVLNATIVE View Post
That describes what Simon does with the whole mall. Too bad there is no mall competition in town.
Haywood? You can't be serious. Haywood is doing very well compared to most malls in the country. The facade needs a face lift, but Simon renovated the mall in 2016, and has landed Apple, Grill Marks, Cheesecake Factory, Lego Store, Saltwater Kitchen, Forever 21, etc. I could see Microsoft, H&M, maybe even a Crate and Barrel soon.

Most malls wish they could be in the same position as Haywood is. Haywood's health has also made Haywood Rd healthier and made the city want to invest in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area