Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2019, 06:14 AM

4,602 posts, read 6,020,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
Ruby Tuesday’s is terrible. They could not survive with the buffet salad bar. Most people avoid buffets like the plague. That said, the one at Cherrydale seems to be doing well. The parking lot is always full.
True. The Cherrydale RT doesn't have much competition as some of those on the other side of town. I'm guessing if they had a Friday's, Chili's and a few other of those casual chains in that vicinity that RT would go too.

Last edited by vistatiger; 01-17-2019 at 06:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2019, 08:11 AM

453 posts, read 647,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
But also begs the question why are all the chain restaurants closing on Woodruff Rd? Bojangle's, Chili's, Applebee's, and now Ruby Tuesday. I thought Woodruff Rd. was a prime commercial corridor.
With as much of a hassle as it is to navigate Woodruff Rd., I guess it makes since that people are more likely to eat at places that are more of a destination or unique/semi-unique there. Or just better than Ruby Tuesday or Applebee's, which is not exactly a high bar to clear.

Bojangles' didn't close in that sense, FWIW; they just moved further down Woodruff Rd.

Old 01-17-2019, 09:24 AM

446 posts, read 415,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
With as much of a hassle as it is to navigate Woodruff Rd., I guess it makes since that people are more likely to eat at places that are more of a destination or unique/semi-unique there. Or just better than Ruby Tuesday or Applebee's, which is not exactly a high bar to clear.

Bojangles' didn't close in that sense, FWIW; they just moved further down Woodruff Rd.

I think it does have to do with the quality. I mean TGI Friday's right across the street from Ruby Tuesday's is always packed with a line on weekends. I'm not much of a fan of Friday's either but it always amazed me the night and day difference between the two chains across the street from one another.

There are a ton of other successful chains on Woodruff Road (Longhorn, Carrabba's, Red Robin...heck even Twin Peaks). But it's a fierce industry and obviously Ruby Tuesday lost the battle and you've got to believe it was the food/service that did them in.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:08 AM

I doubt that Ruby Tuesday at Magnolia Park will stay empty long.

I really look for Panera to relocate their Shops at Greenridge restaurant to a freestanding building on Woodruff so they can have a drive thru. That would be a good spot for them like they are doing with the old RT on Pelham.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:18 AM

1,077 posts, read 1,650,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I doubt that Ruby Tuesday at Magnolia Park will stay empty long.

I really look for Panera to relocate their Shops at Greenridge restaurant to a freestanding building on Woodruff so they can have a drive thru. That would be a good spot for them like they are doing with the old RT on Pelham.
You’re not wrong. I would think they would be eyeing to put one around Cherrydale.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
You’re not wrong. I would think they would be eyeing to put one around Cherrydale.
That too as well. I believe Atlanta Bread Company is still next to Cherrydale.

Old 01-23-2019, 06:26 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,101,854 times
Firehouse Subs in Taylors closed.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/3027...s-SC/12956533/

Old 01-23-2019, 07:57 PM

1,845 posts, read 2,764,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Firehouse Subs in Taylors closed.
Drat, I ate there yesterday and it seemed to be doing a good business.

Old 01-24-2019, 10:44 AM

272 posts, read 329,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Isn't that listing for the old Ruby Tuesday's, not Firehouse?

Old 01-27-2019, 09:31 AM

10 posts, read 8,048 times
Carolina fine food closed on Augusta Rd. but why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area