Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2012, 09:20 AM

1,845 posts, read 2,763,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valien View Post
Wow, always heard advertisements from them on WORD as well as them promoting a Saturday morning call-in show they hosted? I don't see how all these Gold Metal places are still in business. They've been riding this gold buying wave for a long time.
I'm also amazed that the gold market hasn't tanked by now. And most of the gold that all the local "We Buy Gold" sites take in? It ends up going through one of the Swiss refineries.

Switzerland: the world’s gold hub
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 11:24 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
The Pepperoni Express has closed.

I drove by there yesterday and there was a Lease sign up.

This is the one next to Brusters Ice Cream, on Hwy 123.

Everytime I drove by there or stopped to get ice cream, I noticed there were never any customers cars parked there at the Pepperoni Express.

This went on for months and I wondered how they would pay their bills and employees with no customers?

Old 10-18-2012, 02:42 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valien View Post
Wow, always heard advertisements from them on WORD as well as them promoting a Saturday morning call-in show they hosted? I don't see how all these Gold Metal places are still in business. They've been riding this gold buying wave for a long time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeoid View Post
I'm also amazed that the gold market hasn't tanked by now. And most of the gold that all the local "We Buy Gold" sites take in? It ends up going through one of the Swiss refineries.

Switzerland: the world’s gold hub
Precious metal acquisition is a fad that will not last much longer. The market is overated and speculation in the metal markets is very high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
The Pepperoni Express has closed.

I drove by there yesterday and there was a Lease sign up.

This is the one next to Brusters Ice Cream, on Hwy 123.

Everytime I drove by there or stopped to get ice cream, I noticed there were never any customers cars parked there at the Pepperoni Express.

This went on for months and I wondered how they would pay their bills and employees with no customers?
The Pepperoni Express has three other operating locations in Spartanburg County.

Old 10-19-2012, 09:19 PM

2 posts, read 4,379 times
Pier 221 on Whitney rd. seems to have closed.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asketisk View Post
Pier 221 on Whitney rd. seems to have closed.
Being in Spartanburg, I will mention this in the Spartanburg area retail and restaurants topic.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:14 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times
The iconic Grandstuff gas station/mimimart on 101 in the blue ridge are of Greer has recently closed down. It was at a very busy intersection, not sure if the property was sold or what.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:28 PM

Grand Foodstuff did moderate business. I rarely stopped there when I worked in Greenville because its prices for gasoline were higher and charged more for credit purchases.

I do not know if the State of South Carolina has purchased the property for the realignment of Milford Church Road into SC-101. Plans for the intersection call for a T-alignment with a traffic signal.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:10 AM

192 posts, read 429,437 times
Regarding Grand Foodstuff on 101/Milford Church Road, there is a real estate company's sign in the parking lot. Doesn't appear that the land was purchased by the state.

That intersection is AWFUL. Desperately needs to have a left turn lane and/or traffic signal.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Grand Foodstuff did moderate business. I rarely stopped there when I worked in Greenville because its prices for gasoline were higher and charged more for credit purchases.

I do not know if the State of South Carolina has purchased the property for the realignment of Milford Church Road into SC-101. Plans for the intersection call for a T-alignment with a traffic signal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlbarth View Post
Regarding Grand Foodstuff on 101/Milford Church Road, there is a real estate company's sign in the parking lot. Doesn't appear that the land was purchased by the state.

That intersection is AWFUL. Desperately needs to have a left turn lane and/or traffic signal.
With the for sale sign going up, the property could be bought by anyone, including the state.

The realignment and intersection improvement will help. Blue Ridge Plantation up Milford Church Road is adding many new residences, increasing population and vehicle traffic. Making left turns from SC-101 or Milford Church Road is risk of do or die. Being able to make a turn can take five minutes when traffic is nonstop.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:25 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Kmart in Berea on Sulphur Springs Rd Closing. Liquidation Sale started today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area