Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2013, 07:41 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,810,780 times

Advertisements

I also would be thrilled to see a Publix open in Greer. Since I never went in Food Lion after Bloom closed, I won't miss it at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 08:10 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,859,642 times
Sad that Greenvillians didn't support this store. Cool company, and unfortunately they will be closing the Greenville location.

Classic Vintage Clothing - The Clothing Warehouse - Join our team!

Old 01-27-2013, 08:52 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Sad that Greenvillians didn't support this store. Cool company, and unfortunately they will be closing the Greenville location.

Classic Vintage Clothing - The Clothing Warehouse - Join our team!
What do you care? You're moving to Dallas remember?

Old 01-27-2013, 09:00 PM

5,593 posts, read 15,376,936 times
I'd love to see a used books store open in that space again. Downtown lost a gem when Bentley's Bookshop closed years ago. A combination bookshop, map shop, gift shop, music shop, and coffee/tea café would be especially nice.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:22 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
I'd love to see a used books store open in that space again. Downtown lost a gem when Bentley's Bookshop closed years ago. A combination bookshop, map shop, gift shop, music shop, and coffee/tea café would be especially nice.
Not gonna happen. Bookstores are going the way of the dinosaurs. Borders is gone and Barnes & Noble will be closing 30% of their stores: Barnes & Noble expects to trim 30% of its stores over next 10 years, report says - Business on NBCNews.com

Old 01-28-2013, 11:58 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,013,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Not gonna happen. Bookstores are going the way of the dinosaurs. Borders is gone and Barnes & Noble will be closing 30% of their stores: Barnes & Noble expects to trim 30% of its stores over next 10 years, report says - Business on NBCNews.com

That is really sad. I am all for technology but I hate what it is doing to the brick and mortar bookstores. Its kind of a social thing for many people hanging out at these large bookstores. I have always favored BooksAMillion/JoeMuggs they are just in a weak center. BAM maybe playing it smart and see what happens on Laurens Rd with all the growth at Verdae and ICAR.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:52 PM

723 posts, read 1,149,409 times
I would really like to see a Publix on the scale of those in Florida. Every Publix I've seen there is bigger and better stocked than any one I've seen in the Upstate.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:49 PM

170 posts, read 355,844 times
The CVS on Wade Hampton, at the end of Chick Springs Road, closes tomorrow.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:28 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
That is really sad. I am all for technology but I hate what it is doing to the brick and mortar bookstores. Its kind of a social thing for many people hanging out at these large bookstores. I have always favored BooksAMillion/JoeMuggs they are just in a weak center. BAM maybe playing it smart and see what happens on Laurens Rd with all the growth at Verdae and ICAR.
Marketplace needs a new wave of tenants. Petsmart, Old Time Pottery and Guitar Center do well for convenience and accessibility. Extend Marketplace out to the old Sam's Club and the pad that previously included Goody's, there is ample redevelopment to consider.

I will make a bold idea. Extend Marketplace Drive, adjacent to Books-a-Million, across the CSX railroad via bridge into Verdae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyricamphibian View Post
I would really like to see a Publix on the scale of those in Florida. Every Publix I've seen there is bigger and better stocked than any one I've seen in the Upstate.
It will be nice to see Publix add several new locations throughout the region, especially with their Charlotte region entry and Charlotte Division now in operation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNCGirl View Post
The CVS on Wade Hampton, at the end of Chick Springs Road, closes tomorrow.
This was the first 24-hour CVS in Greenville. After the store on East North Street, a Revco at the time, moved across the street to its present location at North Pleasantburg Drive, the store stopped its 24-hour schedule.

CVS has struggled with pharmacy operation and store operation issues.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:11 AM

73 posts, read 121,922 times
Our favorite Greek restaurant - Yia Yia's At Night - is closing March 30. They are open Thursday - Saturday nights at the Corporate Deli location on Pelham Road. It is by far the best, most authentic Greek food I've had in Greenville. The owner said that he's going to focus on the deli and catering businesses. We will be going back as many times as we can before the 30th!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area