Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2012, 08:52 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I have judged you on your character, not your sexual orientation, gender, sex, etc.
And I respect you for your character as well. Isn't that what really counts?

And for any gay man who calls the owner of Chick-Fil-A names like "Bible Thumper".....shame on you.....that is no better than when someone calls a gay man ***** or ******. Name calling, by anyone, is wrong.

The owner of Chick-Fil-A has his beliefs and I have mine. At one time, various beliefs are what made us stronger.....somehow that has changed.....quite sad.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 08:52 PM

475 posts, read 900,822 times
I bet' Mr. I suddenly evolve on issues when I think it will save the job I don't deserve' is looking at the long lines of people willing to pay money to support freedom and wondering how many will turn out in Nov to do the same for free.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:53 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,100,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddaVisser View Post
That's the thing traditional marriage is myth perpetrated by religious people with no understanding of history.

Who counts how many of "X" friends they have as if you're keeping inventory in case someone accuses you of bigotry. I don't have gay friends or white friends or black friends or Christian friends. I have friends that happen to be gay, white, black, Christian. Muslim, atheist and every thing under the sun. They're simply friends.
So you won't answer the question, huh? I bet you have ZERO openly Conservative Christians based on your intolerant openly hostile Anti-Chrisitan posts in this thread.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:55 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,100,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
And I respect you for your character as well. Isn't that what really counts?

And for any gay man who calls the owner of Chick-Fil-A names like "Bible Thumper".....shame on you.....that is no better than when someone calls a gay man ***** or ******. Name calling, by anyone, is wrong.

The owner of Chick-Fil-A has his beliefs and I have mine. At one time, various beliefs are what made us stronger.....somehow that has changed.....quite sad.......
The "tolerant" left hates you. Ironic, isn't it?

Old 08-01-2012, 08:56 PM

924 posts, read 1,644,708 times
Quote:
How so? Disagreement does not equal hate. It has been shown time and time again in this thread that it is you guys, the far left that have demonized us for our beliefs. If I'm against Obama, you call me a "racist". If I'm pro life, you say that I am "against a womans right to choose and hate women." If I believe in traditional 1 man/1 woman marriage, I am a "bigot". You are extremely intolerant of anyone that has an opinion that differs from your own. You want to demonize us, silence us and ultimately if you can't convert us, you want to destroy us. That is very, very scarey and are finally standing up and saying "Enough with liberal intolerance."

I am against gay marriage because I am a Christian.
Who the hell would call you a racist for voting Obama? I sure wouldn't, so stop laying a guilt trip on me.

You want to deny a right to a specific group based off a fundamental belief that not everyone shares, this is bigotry. This is a secularist government, you don't get to choose who has the right to marry or not based on religion.

Religion is proving time and again to be an outdated, negative influence on our society.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:59 PM

422 posts, read 486,964 times
Quote:
So you won't answer the question, huh? I bet you have ZERO openly Conservative Christians based on your intolerant openly hostile Anti-Chrisitan posts in this thread.

LMAO, my family are conservative Christians. Many of my friends from childhood are conservative Christians. I don't keep count because I don't care too much and 99% of them don't force their beliefs on me. (Well except for my mom who begrudgingly accepts her son is an atheist.) So it's a non-issue. I see people as people and friends as friends. It's sad that you view your friends in social constructs instead of individuals.

I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-bigotry

Old 08-01-2012, 08:59 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
The "tolerant" left hates you. Ironic, isn't it?
EXACTLY! True.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:03 PM

1,144 posts, read 2,874,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
I'm a gay man and I LOVE Chick-Fil-A! Great service and great food and wow.....they never ask me if I'm gay before serving me with a friendly smile! I have respect for the company as they give their employees Sundays off. I might not be in full agreement with their owner, but the man has done something right! By the way, for those bashing him, you may want to look into how much this man donates to children's homes!
GS.....your reputation as a classy guy continues.
I agree with you and G-Man...... the owner of CF is holding to his values and has every right to do so. I, too, respect him for having the strength of his convictions and recognizing his creator in his success. Consumers have every right to support his business and purchase his product....or not.

I love the Lord but stop short of calling myself a Christian now because there are a wide range of perspectives that I don't embrace with the label. I just try to respect and show love to EVERYONE in my path. If I just can't find a way to love them, I try to leave them alone and cause them no harm. I hope that everyone finds a true, pure and genuine love in their life and however that is configured is up to the individual. They can explore the rightness or wrongness with God as they are led. Personally, I am working on my own journey and helping guide that of my immediate family. I don't have the inclination or desire to dictate the personal choices of other families.

And, for the record, I love Dolly Parton's quote on the matter ......
"Oh, let them get married. They should have the right to be as miserable as everybody else!"

Old 08-01-2012, 09:05 PM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
Chick-fil-a tweeted that they set a world record in sales today with 7 hours to go in the west before closing (at the time of the tweet).

Old 08-01-2012, 09:06 PM

924 posts, read 1,644,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Chick-fil-a tweeted that they set a world record in sales today with 7 hours to go in the west before closing (at the time of the tweet).
Glad to see they're staying classy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area