Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2012, 09:23 PM

422 posts, read 486,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithhtt View Post
It came from Rick Warren via Cathy. I'd say he's a credible source.

I'm sorry but I didn't see "Chick-fil-A tweeted" anywhere in your comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 09:33 PM

642 posts, read 2,088,570 times
umm nope I did not go I would not eat that food if it was the last thing on earth to eat. And that was before any of this was to happen. Its a Sad day to be a human to rally around something just to support hate. Was nothing to do with showing support for free speach. It was just to show how many hatefull people are in this world. Shame on them if this is all we have to worry about in the world we have big problems. I can think of a lot more things I would like too see people come out and get a fire lit under them. Who is screwing who and marrying who is for sure not one of them. Straight people for sure don't know how to stay married Look at all the divorce and cheating going on. Thankfully talks like this is what is bringing change. Gay marriage will happen. And no matter how many stupid chicken joints want to talk bad about it. It is going to happen sadly it is just going to be ugly and dirty to get to the other side.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:51 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,562,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Every single one had a line down the road, it was amazing to see so many people stand up for liberty, freedom and the 1st Amendment. Disagreement does not equal hate and we stood up with one voice today and shouted that from the roof tops. Today was a good day to exercise my free speech.
It has NOTHING to do with the first amendment it has to do with Chick fil-a donating to anti-gay organizations. I'll never set foot in another one.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:52 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,562,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
Totally disagree! I'm not religious, but I do understand that marriage is a religious ceremony. Can't force people to accept a belief that isn't in line with that can you? Every doctrine I know of explains it that way. If it's about having the same benefits as married couples, that already exist with domestic partnership. I'm not anti gay, but marriage is what it is. A ceremony created by religious beliefs.
Are atheists allowed to marry?

Old 08-01-2012, 10:14 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
A few things:

-Chick Fil A is actually one of the better fast food restaurants out there in my opinion. Their fries don't consist of trans-fat and their salads are some of the best I have eaten out of any fast food chain their size. You can't go wrong with the fresh squeezed lemonade and great service they provide also.

-I can't figure out for the life of me why people are surprised over Chick Fil A's stance. The family owning it has always been Christian conservative. Did you honestly think it was an odd coincidence they were closed on Sunday? The only reason this has become such a large issue now is due to the media.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:17 PM

475 posts, read 900,502 times
I just checked their Twitter and saw nothing of the sort
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddaVisser View Post
I'm sorry but I didn't see "Chick-fil-A tweeted" anywhere in your comment.
Did you forget what you said? You said, I see nothing of the sort.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:21 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,859,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
It has NOTHING to do with the first amendment it has to do with Chick fil-a donating to anti-gay organizations. I'll never set foot in another one.
So with that view, I guess you'll never put gas in your car again......after all, the oil for that gas comes from Muslim countries and you have read how anti gay the Muslim religion is right? You have heard of gay people being killed just for being gay in Muslim countries right? No more gas for you! Pedal power from now on.

And by the way, please be accurate.....Cathy is not "anti gay", he is "anti gay marriage"......big difference......

Old 08-01-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post

And by the way, please be accurate.....Cathy is not "anti gay", he is "anti gay marriage"......big difference......

Sorta like how Strom Thurmond wasn't anti-black, he was pro racial segregation (excluding the time he impregnated his 16-year-old black maid.)

Old 08-01-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithhtt View Post
I just checked their Twitter and saw nothing of the sort
Did you forget what you said? You said, I see nothing of the sort.

I didn't forget what I said because I didn't say that. Another poster did. And he/she was talking about CFA twitter acct. which makes sense considering the claim was that CFA made the tweet.

Poster A: CFA just tweeted record sales.
Poster B: Just checked their twitter account don't see nothing of the sort.
Poster A: (Links to twitter account of someone not CFA) Any other smart comments?
Me: Um, that's not CFA but some other person making the claim.
YOu: They're credible.
Me: Still the tweet didn't come from CFA

Which brings us up to this point.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:35 PM

475 posts, read 900,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddaVisser View Post
I didn't forget what I said because I didn't say that. Another poster did.
Sorry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area