Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 11:17 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,844,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Again, you are equating racial discrimination with supporting traditional marriage. That is very offensive.
It's offensive because it is a very accurate comparison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 11:20 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
With all the talk about it I admit Im hungry for it. To bad....Ill just go somewhere the owners know how to keep his or her mouth shut.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:36 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,793,158 times
Quote:
So you're okay with a 55 year old man, marrying his 20 year old daughter, as long as they consent?
Are there millions of daughters wanting to marry their dads? If they want to, they should be free to do so.

I don't think you'll have girls lining up to marry dad.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:46 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Are there millions of daughters wanting to marry their dads? If they want to, they should be free to do so.

I don't think you'll have girls lining up to marry dad.
Well at least you're consistent. I respect you for that. Anyway, I'm done with this thread, everything has been said.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:54 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Thank goodness for Free Speech, no matter how bigoted.

Yes, the Chick-fil-A's around here were PACKED today. I don't think that's something Greenville should be very proud of, however.

The Bible Belt has always last to accept equal rights for all in this country, and that trend sadly continues today.
Did you vote for Obama. Because if you did, you voted for a bigot.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:57 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,793,158 times
Quote:
Again, you are equating racial discrimination with supporting traditional marriage. That is very offensive. There has never been an extended period in time where men married men and it was universally accepted. You want to redefine marriage to try and engineer some social utopia on earth.
I'm equating racial descrimination with sexual discrimination. Apples and apples.

Does it not disturb you at all that you are using the exact same reasoning as people who wanted to deny you the ability to marry your non-white wife?

When was that extended period where interracial marriage was universally accepted in the U.S?

Old 08-02-2012, 11:58 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddaVisser View Post
Can someone explain to me how free speech was violated? Or how someone funding hate groups/anti-gay groups simply falls under a "disagreement?"
When elected officials threaten to ban a business, or deny a building permit, because of the views of the owner, that IS a violation of free speech. No one should be punished for speaking their mind.

And please - just because you "hate" a group, does not make them a hate group. As for funding what you call anti-gay groups (which is a lie, they are pro-traditional marriage), that is a disagreement. Remember, we do live in a free country. Agree or not, we are still free.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:58 AM

374 posts, read 834,295 times
Quote:
So all gay people must act, think and vote alike, huh? Not very "tolerant" of you.
Fact...I'm very tolerant of my fellow human being. What I have an issue with ia ignorance/belief that actively advocates against the Gay lifestyle as if their on some moral pedestal of righteousness.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:18 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,745,974 times
This has nothing to do with "free speech'. Cathy has contributed bigtime to group which promote bigotry. I'll buy my chicken elsewhere.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:21 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
this has nothing to do with "free speech'. Cathy has contributed bigtime to group which promote bigotry. I'll buy my chicken elsewhere.
kfc?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area