Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2012, 07:13 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,609,176 times

Advertisements

Any comments on this:

"Exec Bullies Chick-Fil-A Worker, Then Promptly Gets Fired For It"

from businessinsider.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 07:19 AM

672 posts, read 1,418,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
Any comments on this:

from businessinsider.com
Sure, that guy was a total dirtbag and deserved it.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:27 AM

672 posts, read 1,418,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Well said.

Cathy is entitled to his beliefs just like anyone else. He owns a private business and cn do as he wishes. That is the beauty of the US......private industry and freedom of religion / freedom of speech without government control.
Beliefs are fine. Except when actions and investments stifle the rights of others, then people are entitled to criticize and boycott. Government control isn't a factor, unless we're talking about restricting marriage through law.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:31 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,793,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
Any comments on this:

from businessinsider.com
Not a smart move. I agree with a lot of what he's saying, but not how, or to whom, he said it.

Does he deserve to get fired for it?

No, I don't think so. He wasn't representing his company at the time. And well, we do have that First Amendment thing that so many people are talking about.

But you can fire anyone for almost any reason in this country, including being a douche to a fast food worker. She handled herself well. I felt for her watching that.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:36 AM

347 posts, read 980,485 times
Seeing that clip segued me into reading this:
Gay Chick-Fil-A Employees Reveal What It Has Been Like To Work There Lately

And in other news...
Wendy's Wants Consumers To Know It's Fine With Gays, Disapproves Of Interracial Marriage

Last edited by MichelleEllyn; 08-03-2012 at 07:47 AM..

Old 08-03-2012, 07:53 AM

12,916 posts, read 18,761,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Very true.... And so are Cathy's. Remember, Cathy is an independent person. He's entitled to donate to whatever causes he wants, and to promote them if he wishes. That is the MAN, not the company.
And I'm entitled to eat or not eat where I want to according to whether I wish to patronize or not patronize someone whose views are counter to what I want out of life. Tie game.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:55 AM

12,916 posts, read 18,761,054 times
Ben Tillman and John C. Calhoun were entitled to their views, too. But so was Abraham Lincoln.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:56 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Never knew what this controversy was about - seeing we do not have that chain of chicken joints in Canada- I did hear on the radio this morning that gays and lesbians are going to have a kiss in at these outlets in an attempt to disrupt business...That is what I do not get. An old executive states his belief that men should not marry men...and now those that disapprove of his statement seek to utterly destroy his business and drive this family into poverty if they could?

That would be like going out of your way to boycott the fashion industry...stop hiring interior designers...making sure that all gay waiters were fired...Boycotting every Elton John concert... I don't believe that straight society would use such aggressive tactics to punish someone who slighted them through disagreement.

It seems that the gay community is more aggressive and dominating than straights. Maybe domination is part of the culture? I don't know- But myself personally- I don't tolerate being dominated by anyone...The old man owning the chicken joints can say what he wants- and so can the gay community- but causing monetary harm is exactly like causing physical harm in the long run. If they don't like the guy- stop eating his chicken...Don't try to gang up on him and insist that everyone join in on this punitive action.....and if they don't destroy the chicken guy- then they are not nice people? It defies logic...

If this chicken guy were some poor old man in the back alley and he spewed his opinion...would you kick the crap out of him if you could? I am starting to wonder.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:05 AM

347 posts, read 980,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
...That would be like going out of your way to boycott the fashion industry...stop hiring interior designers...making sure that all gay waiters were fired...Boycotting every Elton John concert...
Wow - Can we say... "stereotype"? Sheesh

Old 08-03-2012, 08:09 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,793,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Never knew what this controversy was about - seeing we do not have that chain of chicken joints in Canada- I did hear on the radio this morning that gays and lesbians are going to have a kiss in at these outlets in an attempt to disrupt business...That is what I do not get. An old executive states his belief that men should not marry men...and now those that disapprove of his statement seek to utterly destroy his business and drive this family into poverty if they could?

That would be like going out of your way to boycott the fashion industry...stop hiring interior designers...making sure that all gay waiters were fired...Boycotting every Elton John concert... I don't believe that straight society would use such aggressive tactics to punish someone who slighted them through disagreement.

It seems that the gay community is more aggressive and dominating than straights. Maybe domination is part of the culture? I don't know- But myself personally- I don't tolerate being dominated by anyone...The old man owning the chicken joints can say what he wants- and so can the gay community- but causing monetary harm is exactly like causing physical harm in the long run. If they don't like the guy- stop eating his chicken...Don't try to gang up on him and insist that everyone join in on this punitive action.....and if they don't destroy the chicken guy- then they are not nice people? It defies logic...

If this chicken guy were some poor old man in the back alley and he spewed his opinion...would you kick the crap out of him if you could? I am starting to wonder.
Good Lord there is so much wrong in this post.

First, it wasn't the old man, it was his son who said what he said.

You're seriously concerned that he will be harmed monetarily? Into poverty? That's completely absurd. He was born wealthy and will die that way. THEY ARE HAVING RECORD-SHATTERING SALES THIS WEEK.

You show concern that he will be "harmed" financially, when the groups that he is supporting advocate actual, physical harm to gays! What the???

You say you don't tolerate being dominated by anyone? THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THESE HATE GROUPS THAT MR. CANDY SUPPORTS ARE ACTIVELY DOING. THEY WANT TO DOMINATE PEOPLE'S LIVES THROUGH INSTITUTIONAL CRIMINALIZATION OF OTHERS WAY OF LIFE.

Your right, the "straight society" wouldn't use such aggressive tactics as a boycott. THEY HAVE BOYCOTTED ALL KINDS OF THINGS, INCLUDING GENERAL MILLS, PEPSI, CAPITAL ONE, SEARS, ETC. AND, THESE GROUPS HE DONATES TO ARE ADVOCATING SUCH AGGRESSIVE TACTICS AS IMPRISONMENT FOR BEING GAY. DEATH FOR BEING GAY!

Yeah, he can say what he wants. BUT HE IS GOING WAY BEYOND SPEECH AND TAKING ACTIONS THAT WILL HARM MILLIONS OF PEOPLE.

Holy crap, your post was the most absurd I've seen on here.

Last edited by Art123; 08-03-2012 at 08:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area