Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 02:07 PM

672 posts, read 1,417,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I will not buy Ben and Jerry's ice cream, due to their radical leftist beliefs and support of such causes, but I do not petition the supermarket manager to not stock it on their shelves. That's what the left wants to do; demonize and destroy anyone with whom they disagree.
But, that's exactly what some are trying to do. Instead of letting others mind their own business, they're petitioning the government to disallow consenting adults to wed, as if it affects their own lives at all. This "demonized by the left" business is getting old in every other post here. It's clear to any freethinking individual that people on both sides with extreme and unchanging views of the world will go to great lengths to discredit and name call, and that goes on on BOTH sides of any issue in our country right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 02:10 PM

684 posts, read 1,185,851 times
So at the end of the day everyone in this thread has the smug satisfaction of a) winning the Internet b) knowing the other poster(s) is going to hell c) still undiscovered in the closet or d) eating too much chicken

I'm e)

Old 08-03-2012, 02:11 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,815,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddaVisser View Post
She's constantly calling anyone who disagrees with her the fascist radical left, which is funny considering themes of fascism is the "extreme right" on the left/right spectrum. And actual fascists hate liberalism and leftist views.

People have been yelling at each other from opposite sides of the fence on every issue since humans developed vocal chords.
Fascism is a system that does not have any opposition..It is a one party system. It was the extreme right...Sometimes what takes place with the aggressive left is that they slowly get so extreme and more left...that they eventually pop out the other side of the spectrum...and become the new extreme right--Fascists..If you hate long enough you become what you hate.

So things have changed in the world...what was evil is now sometimes good- what is left is now right...what is lacking in logic and intelligence is now called brilliant.

There is an after effect to polarization. It's as if the north pole and the south pole have passed through each other and are now reversed....during the process of the shift- half way through good and evil combined to create a grey mix.......and it is still trying to sort it self out.....hope fully things will adjust and re-polarize.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:22 PM

422 posts, read 486,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Fascism is a system that does not have any opposition..It is a one party system. It was the extreme right...Sometimes what takes place with the aggressive left is that they slowly get so extreme and more left...that they eventually pop out the other side of the spectrum...and become the new extreme right--Fascists..If you hate long enough you become what you hate.

So things have changed in the world...what was evil is now sometimes good- what is left is now right...what is lacking in logic and intelligence is now called brilliant.

There is an after effect to polarization. It's as if the north pole and the south pole have passed through each other and are now reversed....during the process of the shift- half way through good and evil combined to create a grey mix.......and it is still trying to sort it self out.....hope fully things will adjust and re-polarize.

The principles of fascism have prominent far-right themes. So lets not delude ourselves that the further left one moves they pop out the other side and become the new extreme right or vice versa. First of all, a spectrum can continue infinitely, so the further left you go the further left you become. The further right you go the further right you become. It's not a circle where you can loop back around to a degree. Anyway I don't care to argue about left/right.

Last edited by AddaVisser; 08-03-2012 at 02:30 PM..

Old 08-03-2012, 02:22 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,790,175 times
Quote:
I never called him a fascist, I don't know if he is or isn't. What I do know is that the radical far left wants to silence those of us that do not disagree with them on every issue. They want to convert us, and if that doesn't work, demean us and if that doesn't work, then destroy us. I believe that they would advocate violence if necessary to silence those of us that are "hateful bigots; that is fascism. To bury your head in the sand and not see what's going on in this country is naive at best.
I've never asked anyone to be quiet. In fact, I've asked you to respond to points made on this very thread.

I feel flattered in a way. I have the ability to "destroy" you?

I don't want to convert you. If you feel diminished or demeaned, check the mirror and ask why. You can't impose your religious beliefs onto others through denying them the same rights you have. The Supreme Court will undoubtedly make that the law soon.

I've certainly never advocated violence. A love-in? Sure. Violence? You are being ridiculous.

I do think that anyone who wants to convert gays, put them in jail, blame them for the downfall of society, or flat out have them killed is, indeed, a hateful bigot. Dan Cathy advocates those things. Ergo, he's a hateful bigot.

I really think you should turn off your radio, too.

Last edited by Art123; 08-03-2012 at 02:57 PM..

Old 08-03-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohtalim View Post
So at the end of the day everyone in this thread has the smug satisfaction of a) winning the Internet b) knowing the other poster(s) is going to hell c) still undiscovered in the closet or d) eating too much chicken

I'm e)

e) the smug pseudo-objectivist?

Old 08-03-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddaVisser View Post
She's constantly calling anyone who disagrees with her the fascist radical left, which is funny considering themes of fascism is the "extreme right" on the left/right spectrum. And actual fascists hate liberalism and leftist views.

People have been yelling at each other from opposite sides of the fence on every issue since humans developed vocal chords.
Just FYI, She is a he. The person who posts as "sophiasmommy" is a man.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:33 PM

684 posts, read 1,185,851 times
Spoiler alert!

I'm sophia

And phelps won gold in the 100

Old 08-03-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Just FYI, She is a he. The person who posts as "sophiasmommy" is a man.

Really? With that screenname and incredibly sensitive nature I was sure the poster was a woman.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:

<snip>

That's what the left wants to do; demonize and destroy anyone with whom they disagree. Just look at the posts in this thread. In virtually every single one of Art's threads he calls anyone who does not want to redefine marriage as a "hateful bigot". Art wants us to act, think and vote like him, or he will call us nasty names and try to destroy us. Folks, this is the type of fascism that we MUST stand up against, and that's what CFA Appreciation Day was all about.
The hateful bigots are the ones who want to deny other people the rights they enjoy, because the others are different than they are.

And taking that position makes me fascist how? Do you know what that word means?

Going to Chick-fil-A was a stand against fascism?

There's a ton of WWII vets rolling in their graves on that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area