Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 12:30 PM

422 posts, read 486,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Marriage is a "civil liberty"? When did that happen? And what is a "Gay American"? How absurd to define yourself by your sexuality. What's next "Foot-Fetish Americans", "Missionary Position Americans"? This madness has to stop.

So hypocritical. Earlier in this thread you were bragging about how many "gay friends" you had on your FACEBOOK LIST (roflmao). You then challenged me to count how many "conservative Christian friends" I had on Facebook and when I countered with I see friends as friends and don't define them by their sexual orientation, race, or religious or social beliefs thus I don't stockpiled them into categories of "gay friends" or "conservative Christian friends" you accuse me of not having "conservative Christian friends." So it's ok for you define your alleged friends by their sexuality or religious beliefs but not others to define themselves?

Be the change you seek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolstuckinNC View Post
You criticize someone for calling folks a bigot and then you call them a fascist?!?!?!?

I think what really needs to stop is all the spewing of vitriol at one another from both sides. Why has this country dissolved into people yelling at each other from opposite sides of the fence on EVERY issue?
She's constantly calling anyone who disagrees with her the fascist radical left, which is funny considering themes of fascism is the "extreme right" on the left/right spectrum. And actual fascists hate liberalism and leftist views.

People have been yelling at each other from opposite sides of the fence on every issue since humans developed vocal chords.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:06 PM

374 posts, read 833,700 times
Quote:

I think what really needs to stop is all the spewing of vitriol at one another from both sides. Why has this country dissolved into people yelling at each other from opposite sides of the fence on EVERY issue?
See again, your jumping in for another feel good...How about contributing a thought?

Welcome to planet Earth.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:16 PM

356 posts, read 677,204 times
can we get this moved out of the South Carolina forum, this is not a SC Greenville issue in any sense

Old 08-03-2012, 01:45 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times
Quote:
You criticize someone for calling folks a bigot and then you call them a fascist?!?!?!?

I never called him a fascist, I don't know if he is or isn't. What I do know is that the radical far left wants to silence those of us that do not disagree with them on every issue. They want to convert us, and if that doesn't work, demean us and if that doesn't work, then destroy us. I believe that they would advocate violence if necessary to silence those of us that are "hateful bigots; that is fascism. To bury your head in the sand and not see what's going on in this country is naive at best.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:50 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddaVisser View Post
So hypocritical. Earlier in this thread you were bragging about how many "gay friends" you had on your FACEBOOK LIST (roflmao). You then challenged me to count how many "conservative Christian friends" I had on Facebook and when I countered with I see friends as friends and don't define them by their sexual orientation, race, or religious or social beliefs thus I don't stockpiled them into categories of "gay friends" or "conservative Christian friends" you accuse me of not having "conservative Christian friends." So it's ok for you define your alleged friends by their sexuality or religious beliefs but not others to define themselves?

Be the change you seek.
Huh? What are you babbling about? The person used the term "Gay American", that is absurd to me. I never bragged about having gay friends, personally, I don't care to know anyones sexual preferences and don't know why it is relevant. I was asking you about your "tolerance" since you kept calling those of us who believe in traditional marriage names.

P.S. Wanna talk about a real hypocrite? If you or anyone one else here who calls us "hateful bigots" voted for Obama, then it is you guys who are the hypocrites, because up until a month ago, he had the exact same stance that we do. I know that Art voted for him, Obama is his god. So, it is you guys that are the real hypocrites.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:57 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,289,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsallaboutyou View Post
See again, your jumping in for another feel good...How about contributing a thought?

Welcome to planet Earth.
How about I'm sick of hearing people bicker on this issue?

I feel the owner had a right to say whatever he wanted. I personally take issue with CFA as a company supporting groups that foster hate. One example is the group they funded that supported the Ugandan law to make homosexuality punishable by death. I'm not going to spend money to support those kinds of groups.

That being said I think elected officials have no right to block CFA from building franchises wherever they want if they follow applicable laws when they do so.

There, I stated my viewpoint without calling anyone an idiot, moron, or fascist. I also didn't threaten anyone with physical violence like I have seen happen on other forums when this subject was discussed.

That's my personal opinion and other people may have radically different opinions and I think that is fine. Eat there or don't eat there - either way our country has far more important issues that need to be addressed.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:57 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleEllyn View Post
Wow - Can we say... "stereotype"? Sheesh
Yes you can. As I was writing, I knew that someone would say stereotype for me...I really don't think that is the case- Living in a large urban center that's what I see- I guess if you are from a small town - You might have a gay truck driver or two...and maybe a carpenter..? Here in the big city...our gays are top notch and they are stereo typical...And if they are not in the fancy positions, they are striving to have those positions.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:58 PM

12,879 posts, read 18,736,837 times
A gay American is one who is gay and American. I'm certainly not a straight American. I'm a white American. I'm an American male. I'm an American gay male. I'm not a straight American male. I'm a white Anglo-Saxon former Protestant gay American male, also known as a white Anglo-Saxon former Protestant homosexual American male (who doesn't patronize Chick-fil-A).

Old 08-03-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Huh? What are you babbling about? The person used the term "Gay American", that is absurd to me. I never bragged about having gay friends, personally, I don't care to know anyones sexual preferences and don't know why it is relevant. I was asking you about your "tolerance" since you kept calling those of us who believe in traditional marriage names.

P.S. Wanna talk about a real hypocrite? If you or anyone one else here who calls us "hateful bigots" voted for Obama, then it is you guys who are the hypocrites, because up until a month ago, he had the exact same stance that we do. I know that Art voted for him, Obama is his god. So, it is you guys that are the real hypocrites.
Let me refresh your memory:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy

Here's a little test; now since is the interwebs, anyone can lie, so the honor system will have to be in affect: I have about 10 openly gay friends on facebook. How many Conservative Christian facebook friends do you have? Be honest.

First off all, you bragged about the number of "openly gay friends" you have on Facebook. Who does that? Note you say on Facebook. Do you have any real life? Doubtful. The point is you defined them by their sexuality. I don't refer to my friends as my gay friend or black friend or Christian friend or atheist friend so it's absurd to me that you refer to friends the way you do. It's hypocritical to refer to people as your "gay friends" then blast someone for referring to themselves as a "gay American."

Quit with the straw man argument. I didn't vote for Obama but even if I did it's irrelevant. I don't care about Art or whoever else's voting record. That is entirely irrelevant. Don't deflect from your own hypocrisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area