Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 09:30 PM

425 posts, read 632,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Holy cow this thread has become very entertaining. Well done ClemsonTiger45.
you are welcome. I am a force of nature. This identity politics stuff, religious vs atheist stuff, really gets on my nerves and I don't see what the point is in complaining about religious people because it isn't like churches can be banned and you can ban them from believing what they believe. Some atheists come across as thinking that they have some kind of right to be free from any interaction with anybody who believes in God. If you jsut look at this forum, you never see Christians on here being pushy but you seem militant atheists all the time spreading their gospel of non-belief and beating up on others for their belief. We ought to be thankful that religious people in this country are not blowing people up like in other countries. I am cool with anybody's belief system as long as it doesn't involve violence.

Did Miami win the football title in 2006? Seems so long ago since they were good. Look for Clemson to win it this year.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:35 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,247,883 times
Wrong team dude. Think Ice.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Wrong team dude. Think Ice.
I remember when my hometown got a minor league hockey team and we would pack out the games despite knowing absolutely nothing about the sport other than it is a goal when it goes into the net, just to see these guys crush each other against the wall and get into fights and high stick each other. I was surprised that hockey lasted longer in the south than minor league baseball, hockey, arena football, basketball.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:39 PM

800 posts, read 1,464,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonTiger45 View Post
Look for Clemson to win it this year.
Gotta beat South Carolina first. Not happening this year.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:42 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,247,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star Rooster View Post
*grabs popcorn*

Old 06-26-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
I think law of averages suggest we win this year. Our defense should be better. I think if we break USC early there is no way they could come back on us. I think USC really played the best game of their season two years in a row against Clemson. Last year I think Dabo prepared for your starting QB and Spurrier chose to play the backup who I think is more talented and more dangerous against our weak secondary. The backup also had the game up his life though, he made some accurate throws all night.

Hopefull we got a running back who can pick up shorter yardarge straight up the middle. You guys have lost a lot on defense and I think some of your better WRs and obviously the running back.

Our defense completely manhandled that LSU team who gave USC fits so it is hard to predict what teams will do. I think Clemson would have beat USC 7 out of 10 times if they played 10 games last year though. We just had too much offense for USC to stop most games and I think the USC defense was a litle weaker last year than previous years. They really had those two dudes who we could not stop but those two are beasts. One of them is gone now.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:48 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,294,025 times
Quote:
Well I don't want to get into a tit for tat with you but I see nothing about you that suggest you are any kind of judge of anybody elses intelligence. I don't think Tenn is a great college either. It is kind of odd you never post in your NC area forum on here though. Then you wouldn't be exposed to me and my evil conservative beliefs like tax cuts or a healthy skepticism of alarmism about the environment. I noticed how all the self proclaimed intelligent people on here have voted for the worse president in our history twice. The economy doesn't get much worse than this but you are saying Obamanomics is progressive somehow. I find that amusing. Obama has absolutely no interest in trying to work with the private sector to stimulate the economy, he just wants to be the enemy of corporations, even small business owners. That kind of person needs to be teaching law at some liberal college in Chicago, not president when we need a hero in office right now b/c lot of people are hurting.

I think some of this vile anti-religious people thing that a lot of liberals do like Bill Maher has gotten old and you never get called out on it. You can be as mean and idiotic as you want but somehow you are the good person b/c you support big government. It's a joke. I am not even religious but it seems to me the only people who want to force their beliefs on npeople these days are a strain of militant atheists. They can't stand people out there believing in God. What is it to you? What rational person talks about Baptists all day? Just seems weird to me.

I think it is actually how some people deal with their death anxiety, just flog other people for their beliefs about the afterlife b/c they have doubts and they don't like other people who seem sure of what is going to happen when they die.
1) I'm a Chemical Engineer - at UT when people flunked out of Chem E, they transferred into Mechanical Engineering and made the Dean's List. Many would argue Chem E is the hardest 4 year degree available at most engineering schools.
2) Tennessee has a high reputation among engineering programs in the southeast. I was accepted to both Clemson and Tennessee and chose Tennessee because the Chem E program there was more rigorous than at Clemson. I didn't attack Clemson - I actually defended it from someone else's attack.
3) I NEVER voted for Obama so your hate and vitriol are clearly misdirected at me in that case. I've voted libertarian in the last 3 presidential elections because the Democrat and Republican candidates have been awful IMO.
4) I don't live in NC - moved to SC 2 1/2 years ago and still have the same user name. Felt stuck there but like SC a lot better. Would love to change my user name but don't see that as an option on this site.
5) I don't watch or even like Bill Maher - again, your hate and vitriol are misdirected.
7) I don't like big government in most cases. There are some instances where the free market does not work and regulation is needed but those are the exception and not the rule in my opinion. Just my opinion - others are free to have differing opinions and I won't call them names or jump all over them with wild inaccurate tirades.
8) I believe in God - not a big church goer but your "militant atheist" tirade is again just misdirected hate in my case.
9) If you want to compare IQ scores or any kind of intelligence test scores, feel free any time. I have scored above the 99th percentile on pretty much every standardized test I've ever taken. Just judging from you grammar and diction, I doubt you can say the same.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:52 PM

you don't hate conservatives yet you been hating on me since you arrived today. You appear to be far leftwing on global warming and environmental issues. I don't see much separation from you and Al Gore on that.

I am not writing a term paper on here and I'm typing while lying down.

You came on here and told some blue collar guy who seemed to be real bitter about something that I was stupid.
You seem to be the one with hate. I never heard of any companies in the Carolinas or Atlanta really talk up a Tenn. degree. I think Clemson has a better national reputation.

I don't care what your politics are but you don't come across as liberterian b/c I am pretty liberterian. The smoking ban opposition seems to indicate that.

Anybody can say they have an engineering degree or any degree on the internet so I'm skeptical. I don't agree chemical engineer is better degree, or more difficult than mechanical and I think chemical actually limits you in the job market to a few niche industries but reality is they cover a lot of the same topics. I do agree Chem E's think of themselves as top of the totem pole for whatever reason.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:53 PM

800 posts, read 1,464,173 times
Quote:
I think law of averages suggest we win this year. Our defense should be better. I think USC really played the best game of their season two years in a row against Clemson. Last year I think Dabo prepared for your starting QB and Spurrier chose to play the backup who I think is more talented and more dangerous against our weak secondary. The backup also had the game up his life though, he made some accurate throws all night.

Hopefull we got a running back who can pick up shorter yardarge straight up the middle. You guys have lost a lot on defense and I think some of your better WRs and obviously the running back.
By running back, I guess you mean Lattimore. We've managed to beat clemson largely without his services during this 4-year run...as good as he is/was, we've proven we could win plenty of games without him.

But I digress. Back to the thread topic...

Old 06-26-2013, 09:58 PM

Quote:
By running back, I guess you mean Lattimore. We've managed to beat clemson largely without his services during this 4-year run...as good as he is/was, we've proven we could win plenty of games without him.

But I digress. Back to the thread topic...
That is true, actually we managed him better than some of the backups.

Last year, our offensive coordinator was the main reason we lost. Just a lot of bad calls, a lot of quarterback sneak. Spurrier was mocking that like crazy and even I laughed b/c it is true. He gets so overhyped but he isn't that great in my view. Against weak teams he calls a good game.

Our defense actually did a pretty good job in that game b/c they were on the field most of the game b/c our offense could not do anything. If they could just make a few plays on 3rd downs to stop USC it could have gone our way. USC was being forced to convert lots of 3rd downs and fairly long which isn't really where you want to be on offense and they just got fortunate that night.

Gamecocks have been the best they ever will be the last 4 years but how many SEC division titles have they won, or SEC championships. I can even remember a division title but maybe 1. I don't think the SEC is very good top to bottom despite ESPN pumping them up for the tv contract. Their top programs Florida, Alabama, Georgia, LSU are top 10 contenders every year but Auburn has fallen way off, Ole Miss/Miss St never do much, Kentucky is far worse than they usually were several years ago, Arkansas probably going to be down for several years. Gamecocks only seem to have beat Clemson and maybe a Georgia and one other decent program in the past few years but they get a lot of hype for some reason, I guess b/c Spurrier is the coach.

Last edited by ClemsonTiger45; 06-26-2013 at 10:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area