Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 07:00 PM

915 posts, read 2,423,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattreddy View Post
Word on the street is that the Tipsy Taco for Five Forks is dead with the recent announcement of the Havana takeover.
Yeah, that's what I meant. Wonder what will go in its place. Better be something cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2019, 07:19 AM

285 posts, read 457,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post
Yeah, that's what I meant. Wonder what will go in its place. Better be something cool.
I stopped by Spice Diner yesterday and they have yet to hear who it might be. I'm like you, something fun hopefully.

Old 06-29-2020, 01:53 PM

34 posts, read 28,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post
The sign in front of the property along Woodruff Road lists Five Forks Brewing in place of Tipsy Taco now. I can't find anything online about the brewery. Anyone know something about it?

Old 06-30-2020, 08:01 AM

826 posts, read 1,125,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVL33 View Post
The sign in front of the property along Woodruff Road lists Five Forks Brewing in place of Tipsy Taco now. I can't find anything online about the brewery. Anyone know something about it?

Been wondering about that myself. On a related note, glad to see the Sidewall sign up on the building itself, was a little worried that Covid might have derailed that.

Old 01-12-2021, 06:04 AM

Looks like the Citgo station at Woodruff and Scuffletown is getting torn down, anyone know what's going in it's place? The Wells Fargo ATM in the parking lot was removed a while back also. I've heard QT, Chick-fil-a and Popeyes, but just word of mouth and rumors.

Old 01-12-2021, 07:50 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,013,184 times
Quote:
Looks like the Citgo station at Woodruff and Scuffletown is getting torn down, anyone know what's going in it's place? The Wells Fargo ATM in the parking lot was removed a while back also. I've heard QT, Chick-fil-a and Popeyes, but just word of mouth and rumors.
I'm not sure but don't they normally have to remove the underground tanks to remediate the property for other uses?

Old 01-12-2021, 12:13 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I'm not sure but don't they normally have to remove the underground tanks to remediate the property for other uses?
Yes.

Old 01-12-2021, 02:49 PM

826 posts, read 1,125,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
There is already heavy equipment on site for that. They were taking down lamp posts around the area where the tanks are buried this afternoon. Whatever is going in they aren’t wasting any time.

From what I’m hearing the Chick-fil-A isn’t happening. I’m good with that nothing against them, but that would be a traffic nightmare at that spot. Same thing could probably be said for QT, but I don’t think the lot is big enough for a QT.

Old 01-20-2021, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmike View Post
There is already heavy equipment on site for that. They were taking down lamp posts around the area where the tanks are buried this afternoon. Whatever is going in they aren’t wasting any time.

From what I’m hearing the Chick-fil-A isn’t happening. I’m good with that nothing against them, but that would be a traffic nightmare at that spot. Same thing could probably be said for QT, but I don’t think the lot is big enough for a QT.
The building has been reduced to rubble today. Can't believe that we still don't know what is going to take it's place. As fast as the demo went, we should know soon.

Old 01-21-2021, 12:02 PM

503 posts, read 693,001 times
Quote:
The building has been reduced to rubble today. Can't believe that we still don't know what is going to take it's place. As fast as the demo went, we should know soon.

The original owner is the one who filed the permit for demolition on the building(also still owns the land). I looked up the permit to see if that would shed any light on things and it didnt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area