Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 07:32 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,784,440 times

Advertisements

Something people are ignoring about this law regarding the bathrooms. A female to male transsexual with lots of muscle and male genitals would now be required to enter the women's bathroom, because it says female on his birth certificate. Not well thought out at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 07:39 AM

5,676 posts, read 5,896,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drayb View Post
Most molestation is done by straight individuals so the correlation between transgender and pedophilia is completely idiotic. In most cases, you wouldn't even know a transgender is their birth sex because that's the whole point of being "transgender". To be honest and playing devil's advocate, I would think supporting the proposed law would "reinforce" the pedophilia angle versus deter it. A completely transgender woman who looks, acts and identifies as a man must go to a woman's restroom. Now whose to say a straight man who claims he's transgender now won't just walk into a woman's restroom. Think about it. All he has to say is "I'm a transgender female and your SC law says I have to use this restroom because of my birth sex." That simple. This is just stupid and thank God Nikki Haley had to sense to silence the ignorance on the issue. Obviously, a lot of people are not even aware of what "transgender" really is to make comments about this in relation to pedophilia. For once, I wish SC wouldn't let the ignorance of a few shine bright in our state. SO many people already think were dumb as rocks,here. Please let's not enforce the perception but that's another rant.
Thats what my comment was suppose to mean. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:17 AM

33 posts, read 26,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Something people are ignoring about this law regarding the bathrooms. A female to male transsexual with lots of muscle and male genitals would now be required to enter the women's bathroom, because it says female on his birth certificate. Not well thought out at all.
If the person has female genitalia what makes them anything other than a female? If anything, we should be proposing laws to protect against repressed, conservative right-wing predators who may be predisposition towards rape and who knows whatever else sexual deviancy hidden in the closet. See how we can go to so many retarded angles?

Old 04-07-2016, 10:05 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,784,440 times
Quote:
If the person has female genitalia what makes them anything other than a female?
Their biological sex is still male, which is what this law is basing its determination on. Not their appearance.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:13 AM

6,476 posts, read 6,458,741 times
Nikki Haley would never sign it anyway.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Their biological sex is still male, which is what this law is basing its determination on. Not their appearance.
Which is retarded. That gets into technicalities that make NO SENSE. Keep it simple. If a woman has a woman's part (and I don't care how she got it), she should be able to use the women's bathroom and vice versa. Where does the problem come in with this that make people so confused or scared?

Old 04-07-2016, 11:36 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,086,888 times
Quote:
Most molestation is done by straight individuals so the correlation between transgender and pedophilia is completely idiotic. In most cases, you wouldn't even know a transgender is their birth sex because that's the whole point of being "transgender". To be honest and playing devil's advocate, I would think supporting the proposed law would "reinforce" the pedophilia angle versus deter it. A completely transgender woman who looks, acts and identifies as a man must go to a woman's restroom. Now whose to say a straight man who claims he's transgender now won't just walk into a woman's restroom. Think about it. All he has to say is "I'm a transgender female and your SC law says I have to use this restroom because of my birth sex." That simple. This is just stupid and thank God Nikki Haley had to sense to silence the ignorance on the issue. Obviously, a lot of people are not even aware of what "transgender" really is to make comments about this in relation to pedophilia. For once, I wish SC wouldn't let the ignorance of a few shine bright in our state. SO many people already think were dumb as rocks,here. Please let's not enforce the perception but that's another rant.
I was shocked when I heard Nikki Haley's view. I would have thought she'd be for it.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:41 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,848,007 times
Quote:
Which is retarded. That gets into technicalities that make NO SENSE. Keep it simple. If a woman has a woman's part (and I don't care how she got it), she should be able to use the women's bathroom and vice versa. Where does the problem come in with this that make people so confused or scared?
The potential problem is one of enforcement. How do we expect this to go down?

Fact: There are people who are anatomically one sex who dress and appear as the other one.

So let's say we pass a law saying only people who are anatomically female can use the womens' bathroom, and only people who are anatomically male can use the men's bathroom.

You see a person who dresses/appears to be male entering the women's bathroom, or vice versa. What do you do?

a) do nothing, in which case the law is pointless.
b) Call the police, in which case, what happens? - Will people be legally required to expose themselves to the police to determine if they are obeying the law? Will police get warrants and conduct strip-searches?

Because of this law, we should expect a lot more people who are anatomically female but appear male showing up in the women's bathroom. (and vice versa). What will be the effects of that?

Last edited by gvsteve; 04-07-2016 at 12:09 PM..

Old 04-07-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
The potential problem is one of enforcement.

Fact: There are people who are anatomically one sex who dress and appear as the other one.

So let's say we pass a law saying only people who are anatomically female can use the womens' bathroom, and only people who are anatomically male can use the men's bathroom.

You see a person who dresses/appears to be male entering the women's bathroom, or vice versa. What do you do?

a) do nothing, in which case the law is pointless.
b) Call the police, in which case, what happens? - Will people be legally required to expose themselves to the police to determine if they are obeying the law? Will police get warrants and conduct strip-searches?

Because of this law, we should expect a lot more people who are anatomically female but appear male showing up in the women's bathroom. (and vice versa). What will be the effects of that?
You have it wrong because of the CURRENT laws this is exactly what you get and what have the effects been? You tell me. I don't hear anything about the abuses of trans against children but I do hear about straight males abusing children left and right.

Quote:
A man who dresses as a woman and woman who dresses as a man are transvestites and cross dressers. They have to abide by the laws on the books. Consequently, even with that said, individuals may dress like the opposite sex but that does not mean they necessarily relate to themselves as the opposite sex. Yeah, it can get complicated but it's actually simple.

Old 04-08-2016, 03:05 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,733,291 times
As the thread continues remember this is not the politics forum. No matter how hard you disagree, you should remain calm and respectful.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area