Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 06:20 AM

684 posts, read 1,185,571 times

Advertisements

I figure woman would absolutely love unisex bathrooms while men would hate it. Just look at the lines for the female vs male bathrooms after the movies, concert, etc

Maybe we should ban unisex portapotties
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 06:25 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drayb View Post
If the person has female genitalia what makes them anything other than a female?
Last I checked only females had a uterus and a womb. That is one thing surgery cant fix.

Old 04-08-2016, 06:30 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,788,937 times
I am glad someone is FINALLY addressing an issue that is in the the news all the time... transgender people raping everybody in public bathrooms.

I can't find a single instance of that happening.

Glad the Governor is shutting down the whole notion this will ever become law under her administration.

Now let's move on to non-made-up issues, please.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:06 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I am glad someone is FINALLY addressing an issue that is in the the news all the time... transgender people raping everybody in public bathrooms.

I can't find a single instance of that happening.

Glad the Governor is shutting down the whole notion this will ever become law under her administration.

Now let's move on to non-made-up issues, please.
Thats not the problem I have with this. The problem I have is, what is to stop a pedophile, male or female, from dressing as the opposite sex, and entering a bathroom not of his/her actual sex, and molesting a child, or raping a man or woman? While it may not have ever happened, it "could" happen if a law is passed allowing transgenders to use the bathroom of their choice. Has nothing to do with transgenders in my book. You and everyone else may indeed be right, and it may never happen, but it could. Im not willing to put my wife, children and possible grandchildren in harms way. Ive said all Im saying on the subject.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:15 AM

1,844 posts, read 2,761,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
While it may not have ever happened, it "could" happen if a law is passed allowing transgenders to use the bathroom of their choice.
What, we now need legislation to stop people from passing silly legislation?

Old 04-08-2016, 07:19 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times

A trans man has decide to follow the NC law and had cards printed up for that reason.

North Carolina bathroom law: Uncomfortable encounters - CNN.com

If this passes look forward to having people who look male in the ladies room.
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...2/S_x4Vxr5.jpg

Old 04-08-2016, 07:29 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,788,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeoid View Post
What, we now need legislation to stop people from passing silly legislation?
Well, unlike transgender bathroom rape, the passing of silly legislation is an actual (and fairly common) thing.

This is a totally made up problem with a "solution" designed to distract and make political points amongst the passionate, yet poorly informed voters. It's fear-based nonsense that marginalizes a minority that few, if any, Republican care about anyway.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:43 AM

4,212 posts, read 6,899,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Thats not the problem I have with this. The problem I have is, what is to stop a pedophile, male or female, from dressing as the opposite sex, and entering a bathroom not of his/her actual sex, and molesting a child, or raping a man or woman? While it may not have ever happened, it "could" happen if a law is passed allowing transgenders to use the bathroom of their choice. Has nothing to do with transgenders in my book. You and everyone else may indeed be right, and it may never happen, but it could. Im not willing to put my wife, children and possible grandchildren in harms way. Ive said all Im saying on the subject.
these kind of arguments are a VERY slippery slope.

'Anyone who owns a gun COULD commit a crime/shooting/whatever.

I'm not willing to put X, Y, Z in harms way.'

And I say this as someone who doesn't own any guns and doesn't ever plan on it. But I say it because several people I know who are staunchly pro gun consistently put people down who use this same argument against their firearms. Then I see them turn around and use the same argument against this bill. Apples and Oranges in a lot of ways (personal protection, etc. versus rare genetic disorders) but the thought process is the same. It's certainly a grey area when laws come about trying to pre-empt things. Everyone has their own idea of where the line is drawn.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:45 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohtalim View Post
I figure woman would absolutely love unisex bathrooms while men would hate it. Just look at the lines for the female vs male bathrooms after the movies, concert, etc

Maybe we should ban unisex portapotties
Many new places have these private unisex single bathrooms (often called family restrooms). Maybe this should be the standard going forward so no one feels uncomfortable. Nice take from Kroger on this sign on their single use unisex/family restroom. Many situations I never thought of where this is needed.

Georgia unisex restroom sign at Kroger store goes viral

Old 04-08-2016, 08:57 AM

33 posts, read 26,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Many new places have these private unisex single bathrooms (often called family restrooms). Maybe this should be the standard going forward so no one feels uncomfortable. Nice take from Kroger on this sign on their single use unisex/family restroom. Many situations I never thought of where this is needed.

Georgia unisex restroom sign at Kroger store goes viral
I 100% agree with you. That should settle everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area