Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 06:23 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,089,923 times

Advertisements

What do you think? I can understand the reasoning behind it but it's causing a big uproar. NC is loosing business over it. I have nothing whatsoever over LGBT individuals. As a matter of a fact, I have several friends that belong to that group. Maybe things should just be left alone? Who really is going follow the law and who is going to enforce it? I think it's going to cause a negative effect.

Upstate Senator introduces LGBT public bathroom bill that mirrors N.C. law | Local News - WYFF Home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 06:29 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,663,863 times
The Feds will just overturn it later no matter what any of us think about it. All these niche liberty struggles, while important to some small groups of folks, are just not getting the real job of government done. In my opinion, our politicians should be working on real problems like our mountain of debt, our crumbling infrastructure, and enforcing current immigration laws.

Old 04-06-2016, 06:54 PM

Hobo, you are exactly right! I feel there are so many other important issues than this. The problem is that the LGBT are viewing it differently and I can understand why. They feel they are being discriminated. On the other hand, I can understand about pedophiles but if they want to go into the bathroom, they will. This is a big waste of money and time. ($40K/day) Let's deal with the real problems. The comment about Paypal supporting pedophiles is ludicrous as well.

Old 04-06-2016, 06:56 PM

5,677 posts, read 5,898,735 times
I agree with some of what he said. Sooner or later, a child will be molested, or a woman or man raped, by some pervert looking to get his jollies off.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
I agree with some of what he said. Sooner or later, a child will be molested, or a woman or man raped, by some pervert looking to get his jollies off.
It's sad and I agree but how is this bill going to stop them? If they want to go in there, they will.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:12 PM

5,677 posts, read 5,898,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
It's sad and I agree but how is this bill going to stop them? If they want to go in there, they will.
Its not, its giving them permission! (Just my opinion!)

Old 04-07-2016, 12:38 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,222,227 times
These laws that obsess over what is in a person's pants are a great distraction that get lots of media attention. In the meantime they are in the backrooms passing dark money bills and pillaging our economy, while voters are distracted fighting over panty laws.

Old 04-07-2016, 05:00 AM

4,604 posts, read 6,034,871 times
Just what the state needs is another divisive issue. Work on fixing the roads and bringing jobs here "Not So Bright".

Old 04-07-2016, 06:36 AM

9,520 posts, read 9,836,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Just what the state needs is another divisive issue. Work on fixing the roads and bringing jobs here "Not So Bright".
It's not like SC can bury their heads in the sand and hope this would just pass over the state. I realize that this is typically how they do business in Columbia, but occasionally these types of things need to faced head on.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:02 AM

33 posts, read 26,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Most molestation is done by straight individuals so the correlation between transgender and pedophilia is completely idiotic. In most cases, you wouldn't even know a transgender is their birth sex because that's the whole point of being "transgender". To be honest and playing devil's advocate, I would think supporting the proposed law would "reinforce" the pedophilia angle versus deter it. A completely transgender woman who looks, acts and identifies as a man must go to a woman's restroom. Now whose to say a straight man who claims he's transgender now won't just walk into a woman's restroom. Think about it. All he has to say is "I'm a transgender female and your SC law says I have to use this restroom because of my birth sex." That simple. This is just stupid and thank God Nikki Haley had to sense to silence the ignorance on the issue. Obviously, a lot of people are not even aware of what "transgender" really is to make comments about this in relation to pedophilia. For once, I wish SC wouldn't let the ignorance of a few shine bright in our state. SO many people already think were dumb as rocks,here. Please let's not enforce the perception but that's another rant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area