Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 08:44 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,345,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Thats not the problem I have with this. The problem I have is, what is to stop a pedophile, male or female, from dressing as the opposite sex, and entering a bathroom not of his/her actual sex, and molesting a child, or raping a man or woman? While it may not have ever happened, it "could" happen if a law is passed allowing transgenders to use the bathroom of their choice. Has nothing to do with transgenders in my book. You and everyone else may indeed be right, and it may never happen, but it could. Im not willing to put my wife, children and possible grandchildren in harms way. Ive said all Im saying on the subject.
This argument is ludicrously absurd. So a "pedophile" intent with raping a child is going to be dissuaded from entering a bathroom because it is against the law??? I'm pretty sure if someone wants to dress up as the opposite sex with the intent to rape someone in the bathroom, a transgender bathroom law is not going to stop them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2016, 08:58 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,046,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird82 View Post
This argument is ludicrously absurd. So a "pedophile" intent with raping a child is going to be dissuaded from entering a bathroom because it is against the law??? I'm pretty sure if someone wants to dress up as the opposite sex with the intent to rape someone in the bathroom, a transgender bathroom law is not going to stop them.
You're exactly right!

Old 04-13-2016, 09:05 AM

4,212 posts, read 6,899,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
You're exactly right!
I agree as well. The head-scratcher is that some of the people I know in NC who support this law are the same people who laugh at the ineffectiveness of 'gun-free' zones. The irony is strong but I bite my tongue.

Old 04-13-2016, 12:46 PM

156 posts, read 227,110 times
I am opposed to this law and think it would have a negative impact on SC if enacted. I also think Sen Bright is doing this on his own volition instead of reflecting the views of the majority of people he represents.

I have called my state senator (Michael Fair) to share my feedback on this legislation. His office said they are keeping a tally of calls from constituents on the proposed bathroom law. Wherever you stand, I encourage people to let their voice be heard by contacting their elected official. If you don't know who represents you, can you search by your address here: South Carolina Legislature Online - Find Your Legislators

Old 04-13-2016, 02:14 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,549,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_Bo View Post
I am opposed to this law and think it would have a negative impact on SC if enacted. I also think Sen Bright is doing this on his own volition instead of reflecting the views of the majority of people he represents.

I have called my state senator (Michael Fair) to share my feedback on this legislation. His office said they are keeping a tally of calls from constituents on the proposed bathroom law. Wherever you stand, I encourage people to let their voice be heard by contacting their elected official. If you don't know who represents you, can you search by your address here: South Carolina Legislature Online - Find Your Legislators
Thanks for the reminder - it is being discussed on the floor of the senate TO-MORROW so I contacted mine as well! This is about as dumb as it gets.

Old 04-13-2016, 03:56 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,665,635 times
Did send a letter opposing it to my local state senator

Old 04-13-2016, 04:15 PM

1,521 posts, read 1,945,475 times
Quote:
Lee Bright is a moron for introducing this bill, even I as a republican agrees about that but thats because we now have to deal with this now where as before we didnt, everyone went on their way and no one said anything..the way it should be.

If activists on both sides would just shut up this would be a much much better world.

Old 04-13-2016, 04:51 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
"Dissuaded" is the wrong term. You've given them the ability and right to be there.

So, while right now, a man hanging around in the womens restroom would get the cops called and they would legally be able to come in and remove them.. If people are allowed to 'gender identify', then the cops will not respond, and if they do, will not be able to do anything to remove them.

Don't think that would happen?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2535150

Old 04-13-2016, 06:24 PM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
"Dissuaded" is the wrong term. You've given them the ability and right to be there.

So, while right now, a man hanging around in the womens restroom would get the cops called and they would legally be able to come in and remove them.. If people are allowed to 'gender identify', then the cops will not respond, and if they do, will not be able to do anything to remove them.

Don't think that would happen?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2535150
EXACTLY what I was talking about!!!

Old 04-13-2016, 06:41 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,756,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaClemsonFan11 View Post
Lee Bright is a moron for introducing this bill, even I as a republican agrees about that but thats because we now have to deal with this now where as before we didnt, everyone went on their way and no one said anything..the way it should be.

If activists on both sides would just shut up this would be a much much better world.
Lee Bright is a moron, period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area