Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 09:09 AM

4,233 posts, read 6,914,804 times

Advertisements

Won't ever pass building code widespread. You need a certain number of available fixtures per number of expected occupants and distance to other toilets etc. Sure it works for some places where it is feasible to have 1 person at a time in a bathroom, but that doesn't apply to many public places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 09:18 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,797,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiecta View Post
Won't ever pass building code widespread. You need a certain number of available fixtures per number of expected occupants and distance to other toilets etc. Sure it works for some places where it is feasible to have 1 person at a time in a bathroom, but that doesn't apply to many public places.
I think the idea is to have these available in addition to the larger unisex bathrooms, for the people listed on the kroger sign.

Dad's with daughters, mothers with sons, LBGT, adults who need assistance.

The rest of us can line up and pee in a trough.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:47 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,669,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I think the idea is to have these available in addition to the larger unisex bathrooms, for the people listed on the kroger sign.

Dad's with daughters, mothers with sons, LBGT, adults who need assistance.

The rest of us can line up and pee in a trough.

I agree.

As autism and other mental illness is on the rise we need these rooms so that the opposite gender parent can go in and help the physically grown but mentally disabled child.

I can see that happening to my parents soon where I might have to help them out as their arthritis worsens to the point that they require help.

A couple or even one stall is all that is needed at some places. I am sure the transgender folks would love to use them rather than the bathroom for the masses.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
I agree.

As autism and other mental illness is on the rise we need these rooms so that the opposite gender parent can go in and help the physically grown but mentally disabled child.

I can see that happening to my parents soon where I might have to help them out as their arthritis worsens to the point that they require help.

A couple or even one stall is all that is needed at some places. I am sure the transgender folks would love to use them rather than the bathroom for the masses.
I understand this line of thinking, and some very well might. The one I know would rather just be treated as the gender they identify with though and not be treated differently or use a special bathroom.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:07 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,669,340 times
Quote:
I understand this line of thinking, and some very well might. The one I know would rather just be treated as the gender they identify with though and not be treated differently or use a special bathroom.
You cant regulate all. I do know a couple of transgender people and they stated that they sometimes use the isolated single bathroom kept for handicapped people / family needing diaper changes, if it is available. These are people who already have issues with society not accepting them and placing obstacles in their path and they would rather avoid a confrontation and find an easy way out, if the can find it.

Old 04-08-2016, 02:05 PM

4,602 posts, read 6,029,126 times
Quote:
In the newer big box stores and stadiums/arenas these they are located next to and in addition to the usual male/ female restrooms with multiple fixtures based on occupants. Why wouldn't it pass building codes in new construction?

Old 04-08-2016, 02:07 PM

My comment was based on my misinterpretation that another user was suggesting that having main bathrooms be private unisex was a good solution.

Old 04-09-2016, 05:09 AM

68 posts, read 68,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Thats not the problem I have with this. The problem I have is, what is to stop a pedophile, male or female, from dressing as the opposite sex, and entering a bathroom not of his/her actual sex, and molesting a child, or raping a man or woman? While it may not have ever happened, it "could" happen if a law is passed allowing transgenders to use the bathroom of their choice. Has nothing to do with transgenders in my book. You and everyone else may indeed be right, and it may never happen, but it could. Im not willing to put my wife, children and possible grandchildren in harms way. Ive said all Im saying on the subject.
Well how many Male pedophiles can enter a bathroom with young boys at anytime right now? To me that's alot scarier than people dressing up as the opposite sex. I would think man walking into a men's bathroom and molesting a young boy is much more plausible than someone dressing up as the opposite sex to do it, yet nobody mentions that! Of course either way could happen, but I bet the men with the boys would be a higher percentage.

Old 04-09-2016, 05:12 AM

68 posts, read 68,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigeringvegas View Post
Well how many Male pedophiles can enter a bathroom with young boys at anytime right now? To me that's alot scarier than people dressing up as the opposite sex. I would think man walking into a men's bathroom and molesting a young boy is much more plausible than someone dressing up as the opposite sex to do it, yet nobody mentions that! Of course either way could happen, but I bet the men with the boys would be a higher percentage.
and also, who is going to rape or molest someone with other people in the bathroom? I doubt anyone. They would wait and find a place that is empty and isolated and follow the victim into the restroom. If they were gonna do that, why the need to even dress up as the opposite sex? They wouldn't. They would just commit the crime. I find that argument so full of holes!

Old 04-13-2016, 08:29 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,557,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Thats not the problem I have with this. The problem I have is, what is to stop a pedophile, male or female, from dressing as the opposite sex, and entering a bathroom not of his/her actual sex, and molesting a child, or raping a man or woman? While it may not have ever happened, it "could" happen if a law is passed allowing transgenders to use the bathroom of their choice. Has nothing to do with transgenders in my book. You and everyone else may indeed be right, and it may never happen, but it could. Im not willing to put my wife, children and possible grandchildren in harms way. Ive said all Im saying on the subject.
I am 60 years old and I knew folks who were transgendered when I was in COLLEGE. They used the bathroom of their identified sex........and, guess what, it can STILL happen (a criminal cross dressing to gain access). I don't think a law is going to stop a criminal. Laws are for law abiding citizens. Being transgendered breaks no laws. Being a sex offender breaks them big time. Be safe and sensible about the bathroom but not because you are scared of LGBT folks.

For the one who says you can't get rid of a uterus and a womb. The uterus IS the womb and yes, that would be called a hysterectomy frequently performed on folks with reproductive tract issues (often when they get near menopause and may have serious issues) but all transgenders do NOT have reassignment surgery because it is extremely expensive, not covered by insurance, and it is not "about" the parts below the belt but about who they are inside. I do believe many many take testosterone or estrogen and develop the secondary sex characteristics of their desired sex so they look like who they want to be.

My fears are that people are going to be getting beaten up, even killed, for not looking feminine or masculine enough and even in straight people there is a wide span. I sure remember in high school being called "son" or "boy" because I had short hair and preferred jeans and t-shirts and have always been straight but just a tomboy. Now the double D's keep that from happening but I definitely remember that. [I still have short hair - it is thick, fine, and oily, and does not work out well long]. Also, if we get used to men with vaginas and women with penises being in the bathroom assigned to them at birth.....well......we will get used to it and our guard will be down. You have been going to the bathroom with trans sexuals all along and never noticed it before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area