Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2022, 07:43 PM

503 posts, read 692,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Yeah, they announced that as well, and so far as I know, nothing has happened there, either.

They announced Greenville in '18, then Columbia in '19.. And.. Best I can tell.. Nothing has happened in either location.

I know it'd be tough for them here now, as we have discussed before, Cook Out has taken their business and I don't think they'd get it back.

Yeah they have been mute since 2018 and 2019 about both areas. I wondered about cookout also but I feel like they are different as far as food goes. Cook Out is more backyard burger style and Checkers is more quick broiler like Burger King but with awesome fries and now fry seasoned chicken.

I'm just not sure what the holdup is. It used to be Checker did everything modular and could drop a location and have a location up and running in no time flat so I'm not sure why they haven't just done it already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2022, 07:42 AM

17,573 posts, read 15,237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
Yeah they have been mute since 2018 and 2019 about both areas. I wondered about cookout also but I feel like they are different as far as food goes. Cook Out is more backyard burger style and Checkers is more quick broiler like Burger King but with awesome fries and now fry seasoned chicken.

I'm just not sure what the holdup is. It used to be Checker did everything modular and could drop a location and have a location up and running in no time flat so I'm not sure why they haven't just done it already.

The chain as a whole, i'm not sure how healthy it is. Form multiple standpoints. Financially, but also.. Cleanliness. You tend to hear horror stories about some of the ones down in Florida.

I enjoyed them when they were here.. And I get your point that there is a difference between them and Cook Out, but.. I don't think it'd overly matter. Cook Out has become entrenched, their food is cheaper, so far as price points, and I don't particularly know that Checkers could compete.

Old 02-26-2022, 12:12 PM

5,488 posts, read 8,319,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMRE View Post
This isn't those. This is a chain that is not typically on east coast. Chances of succeeding are better for them where the most people are. They hired Colliers out of Greenville. As I said we will see. Popeyes is from the south. Not much risk for them.
It is Collett out of Greenville, not Colliers. I noticed my mistake while reading back through posts.

Old 02-26-2022, 04:37 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,012,126 times
Quote:
It is Collett out of Greenville, not Colliers. I noticed my mistake while reading back through posts.
According to the GNews today they deleted the post.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...le/6941662001/

Old 02-26-2022, 05:21 PM

5,488 posts, read 8,319,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post

The cat is already out of the bag. The company may not have wanted it announced, but they are coming. There are strict rules in the real estate business concerning making false claims, so they definitely are working with them.

Old 02-26-2022, 08:00 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,351,784 times
Quote:
The cat is already out of the bag. The company may not have wanted it announced, but they are coming. There are strict rules in the real estate business concerning making false claims, so they definitely are working with them.
It has already been discussed since last year that Whataburger was seeking expansion in the Greenville-Spartanburg market. And already announced in the neighboring Atlanta market in Georgia. They are probably waiting on definite plans for an official announcement here regarding specific locations, once that has been officially determined. But already seems Anderson is a done deal and they are seeking a location in Greenville.

And since they are 24 hours, I can see them hurting Jack in the Box who has declined in quality a bit in recent years. Whataburger has a good product and a loyal fan base similar to In N Out. Huge crowds have turned out from recent openings in Tennessee and Colorado, including long waits in subfreezing temperatures. Glad to see them coming.

Old 02-27-2022, 07:41 PM

5,671 posts, read 5,873,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post

Meh, if their food looks anything like that pic, I wont be eating there. That looks disgusting! Like I said, itll just be another place that sells burgers...........

Old 02-27-2022, 07:42 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,351,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Meh, if their food looks anything like that pic, I wont be eating there. That looks disgusting! Like I said, itll just be another place that sells burgers...........
In Texas hey have a cult following similar to In N Out.
They have wide thin patty burgers.

Old 02-27-2022, 07:47 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,211,197 times
So how different from Freddy’s?

Old 02-28-2022, 06:56 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,809,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Too much crap in the suburbs. Stick it in downtown Greenville.
Put it right next to the Whataburger Soccer Stadium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area