Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2021, 05:32 PM

503 posts, read 694,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Sounds like someone who buys 'distressed' properties. I haven't been by there lately.. Is work happening at the building? Just because it's been bought, doesn't necessarily mean something is happening with it.

That building hasn't had great luck. JitB followed by Taco Loko.. Neither of which lasted more than 2 years? And it's been vacant for about 5 or 6 years now? Is my timeframe anywhere close to accurate here?

FWIW.. Popeye's in Mauldin looks to be very close. I'd say they could be open by this weekend, but suspect maybe next Monday.

Cook Out seems to be about a week behind.

Yeah timeline seems about right but its funny the same person that bought that location also bought the old bojangles location on woodruff road so I'm thinking it might be two locations of something. There was some workers working on the one on main street last week when I drove by and there was work permits taped to the window but I couldn't read them without getting out of my car and it was pouring down rain at the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2021, 08:16 AM

4,602 posts, read 6,029,126 times
Buff City Soap opening at Hartwell Village in Clemson. Fast growing plant based soap store chain. I'm surprised Greenville hasn't gotten one of these.

https://www.buffcitysoap.com/
https://www.facebook.com/buffcitysoap.clemson/?ref=py_c

Old 02-18-2021, 08:26 AM

100 posts, read 94,592 times
Anyone know if the Popeyes has opened in Mauldin? I only heard rumors and have searched online but it isn't listed under the Popeyes website. Appreciate the info!

Old 02-18-2021, 10:13 AM

17,599 posts, read 15,284,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braids View Post
Anyone know if the Popeyes has opened in Mauldin? I only heard rumors and have searched online but it isn't listed under the Popeyes website. Appreciate the info!

I think they're in the training phase and I would suspect they'll open tomorrow. No info on that or anything but based on what i've seen.. That looks likely. When I went by last night around 7pm, they were having a huge meeting in the dining room.. Looked like their entire crew.

It's possible they open today. They should have an 'opening' sign up, because I'm certain they've got lots of people coming in.. But.. Then again.. Most restaurant openings i've seen, they've been happy to have the stragglers come in because it's a good 'real world' training situation. They have to cook food to train and while normally the employees wind up taking/eating alot of that.. They usually have no problem giving some freebies to the folks who come wandering in.

As for Cook out

They got the rock facade up at Cook Out in record damn time. Cook Out wanted that store open before Christmas. They had some significant construction delays. There's some pressure from above to get that store done and opened.

Old 02-18-2021, 10:49 AM

461 posts, read 985,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braids View Post

3/1 according to the signs on the door. I stopped by yesterday after seeing a dry run the night before.

Old 02-18-2021, 12:18 PM

4,602 posts, read 6,029,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanigan911 View Post
3/1 according to the signs on the door. I stopped by yesterday after seeing a dry run the night before.
May be a good idea to go ahead and get in the drive thru line for 3/1.

Old 02-18-2021, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanigan911 View Post

WOW! They look much further along than that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
May be a good idea to go ahead and get in the drive thru line for 3/1.

Thankfully there's plenty of run-off space there without cocking up traffic on 276. I mean, they'd have to loop around several times to back up onto 276.

Old 02-18-2021, 06:47 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,537,926 times
Quote:
WOW! They look much further along than that!

Thankfully there's plenty of run-off space there without cocking up traffic on 276. I mean, they'd have to loop around several times to back up onto 276.
The logical thing to do would be to go down to Pinehurst and line up along New Neely Ferry Rd or into the shopping center behind Popeye's. Will be interesting to see.

Old 02-19-2021, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
The logical thing to do would be to go down to Pinehurst and line up along New Neely Ferry Rd or into the shopping center behind Popeye's. Will be interesting to see.

That's the only real way to get in there. You can't get in there directly from 276. That's why I was saying it shouldn't be as big a problem as like the Starbucks..

You have a light as well and a turning lane.

Now.. It's not a huge parking lot, so.. Yes, it will still be interesting to see how the overflow goes.

Old 02-19-2021, 01:27 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,537,926 times
Quote:
That's the only real way to get in there. You can't get in there directly from 276. That's why I was saying it shouldn't be as big a problem as like the Starbucks..

You have a light as well and a turning lane.

Now.. It's not a huge parking lot, so.. Yes, it will still be interesting to see how the overflow goes.
It's not as big a novelty as the one in Greer was. If someone in Mauldin really wanted Popeye's they may have gone to Greer. Hopefully they are better prepared after the opening in Greer caused them to run out of chicken! lol

Disappointed that onion rings don't appear to be on the menu anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area