Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2022, 02:50 PM

17,567 posts, read 15,226,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromaluski View Post
I haven't had a chance to go myself, but I've had a number of friends tell me that it's a bit on the pricier side, but fantastic and worth the cost.

All BBQ places are on the pricier side now. Price of Chicken and Beef.. During the pandemic, when the place up on Rutherford.. House of Raeford, I believe.. Started doing their chicken sales to the public because so many restaurants were closed.. You could get 40 lbs of boneless chicken breast for $50.

Earlier this year, it was $146.

They're doing another one end of the month, looks like it's come down to $104 or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2022, 07:26 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,807,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
All BBQ places are on the pricier side now. Price of Chicken and Beef.. During the pandemic, when the place up on Rutherford.. House of Raeford, I believe.. Started doing their chicken sales to the public because so many restaurants were closed.. You could get 40 lbs of boneless chicken breast for $50.

Earlier this year, it was $146.

They're doing another one end of the month, looks like it's come down to $104 or so.
At $105, it's still better than most grocery stores. I purchased some chicken breasts at Lidl yesterday, on sale $2.99 lb. That's more than HOR.

I did purchase the HOR bone-in chicken thighs this past spring. Pretty good deal at $1.12 lb.

Old 09-20-2022, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
At $105, it's still better than most grocery stores. I purchased some chicken breasts at Lidl yesterday, on sale $2.99 lb. That's more than HOR.

I did purchase the HOR bone-in chicken thighs this past spring. Pretty good deal at $1.12 lb.

Yeah, drumsticks and Thighs are still a decent deal.. Mainly because.. No one wants them. Wings and Breast are out there.

Old 09-20-2022, 10:41 AM

1,912 posts, read 1,127,026 times
Madewell is opening downtown. Not sure when or where.

Old 09-21-2022, 08:39 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,010,765 times
First Watch opening a Greenville location at the Shops @ GreenRidge according to the GR FB page. Burlington opening Oct.14.

Old 09-21-2022, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
First Watch opening a Greenville location at the Shops @ GreenRidge according to the GR FB page. Burlington opening Oct.14.

Wow. Now.. That one raises an eyebrow for me.

As I recall, they're only open until 2pm. I'd.. Suspect the rents at Greenridge are... Fairly substantial.

While their food is quite good and I have no problem with them opening new locations, even on or near Woodruff Rd.. That's.. Certainly a little surprising to me that they'd locate there.

Just doesn't seem like the right place for them. But. What do I know? There's supposed to be far smarter people than me deciding where these places locate. That being said. I also walked out of a meeting once saying "This is going to be a disaster, we need to make sure we get paid up front.".. That meeting was about Hard Rock Park.

Old 09-21-2022, 06:47 PM

503 posts, read 692,757 times
Quote:

As I recall, they're only open until 2pm. I'd.. Suspect the rents at Greenridge are... Fairly substantial.

While their food is quite good and I have no problem with them opening new locations, even on or near Woodruff Rd.. That's.. Certainly a little surprising to me that they'd locate there.

Just doesn't seem like the right place for them. But. What do I know? There's supposed to be far smarter people than me deciding where these places locate. That being said. I also walked out of a meeting once saying "This is going to be a disaster, we need to make sure we get paid up front.".. That meeting was about Hard Rock Park.

I mean in all fairness there were alot of factors that doomed hard rock park but yeah I can agree this is an odd choice of locations.

Old 09-21-2022, 06:58 PM

7,258 posts, read 4,624,529 times
7-11 and Roost Chicken & Biscuits coming to i85 exit60, across from QT on that vacant lot. Town of Duncan has annexed the property for the development.

Old 09-21-2022, 08:28 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,010,765 times
Default New retail/restaurant thread, Part 2, 1/1/2023 through xxxxx.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
I mean in all fairness there were alot of factors that doomed hard rock park but yeah I can agree this is an odd choice of locations.
Maybe not so odd. Just down the street Magnolia Park has Another Broken Egg Cafe which also closes at 2pm. I have seen people waiting out front there for a table especially on weekends.

Old 09-25-2022, 03:58 AM

1,161 posts, read 1,858,726 times
Lots of construction going on @ SC-14 and Westmoreland Rd across from Pelham Medical Ctr. (near exit 56 on I-85). Anyone know what is being built there?

Been vacant for years and was a favorite place for driver training students to practice. Also was one of the mystical "Bass Pro is coming here!" locations for many years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area