Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2022, 01:12 AM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
I hope that is true of the new Mauldin location. I've been a BK fan since 5th grade (nearly 50 years ago) when they had the hot ham & cheese sandwich. While they haven't had that sandwich for a very long time, I was disappointed when they left Mauldin many years ago. I hope they've improved their onion rings.

I haven't tried in many years, but you used to be able to order a Hot Ham and Cheese as a "Secret Menu" item.. At least around 10 years ago.

Their onion rings are.. What they are. They're not really onion rings.. It's that minced onion crap. But, they do (or did) have a pretty decent little dipping sauce for them.

I dunno about BK. Like any other place, there's good and bad ones. The one in Fountain Inn is often the one I go by and they are very hit or miss. Usually more a hit, but..

The food at BK.. Is much the same.. I mean, they have the absolutely effing worst chicken sandwich ever with that "Original chicken sandwich".. But, the newer one meant to compete with Popeyes is.. Actually pretty good.

my go to there is usually the Texas whopper.. Jalapenos on a burger.. Yes, please.

FWIW.. the mauldin location seems like it's going to be a PITA to get in and out of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2022, 04:12 PM

106 posts, read 196,520 times
I see on the Dodge Data and Analytics site that bids are out for a Back Yard Burger in Easley, I didn't realize that they were still around. Someone in the construction industry mentioned that a Habit Burger was going to be built by the new Starbucks that will be going up soon on 123 by Hibachi Boy, looks like it may be burger overkill.

Old 08-14-2022, 08:18 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scmartin View Post
I see on the Dodge Data and Analytics site that bids are out for a Back Yard Burger in Easley, I didn't realize that they were still around. Someone in the construction industry mentioned that a Habit Burger was going to be built by the new Starbucks that will be going up soon on 123 by Hibachi Boy, looks like it may be burger overkill.
There are a few new Backyard Burgers in the Charlotte area (Gastonia, Harrisburg) and throughout the South. One coming soon to Arden near Asheville too.

https://www.backyardburgers.com/store-locator/

Old 08-15-2022, 04:25 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I haven't tried in many years, but you used to be able to order a Hot Ham and Cheese as a "Secret Menu" item.. At least around 10 years ago.

Their onion rings are.. What they are. They're not really onion rings.. It's that minced onion crap. But, they do (or did) have a pretty decent little dipping sauce for them.

I dunno about BK. Like any other place, there's good and bad ones. The one in Fountain Inn is often the one I go by and they are very hit or miss. Usually more a hit, but..

The food at BK.. Is much the same.. I mean, they have the absolutely effing worst chicken sandwich ever with that "Original chicken sandwich".. But, the newer one meant to compete with Popeyes is.. Actually pretty good.

my go to there is usually the Texas whopper.. Jalapenos on a burger.. Yes, please.

FWIW.. the mauldin location seems like it's going to be a PITA to get in and out of.
Just about everything in Fountain Inn is a miss, at least fast food wise. BK is super slow since the remodel, I rarely go there. I can go to Hardees most of the time and be faster. Bojangles is slower than they were, and McDonalds, oh I aint even going there again. Zaxbys has never been "fast" no matter where its at. Subway I think is fast if you use the app or order online. Ive never had as issue with them not having my/our food ready.

Old 08-15-2022, 05:14 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Zaxby’s in Mauldin is slower than a snail trying to cross a road.

Old 08-15-2022, 07:21 AM

300 posts, read 254,565 times
Reidville Road Popeyes, Starbucks, and Take 5 oil change. Duncan Donuts on West Main.

Old 08-15-2022, 09:05 AM

East Main Street and east side new businesses or future businesses Planet Smoothie, Pizza Hut, Andy’s, Crush Fitness, Ross, Hobby Lobby, Five Below, Tropical Cafe, Burrito Hub, Aspen Dental, Nothing Bundt Cakes, Bella Vision, Southern Bank, Popeyes, and Take 5 car wash.

Old 08-15-2022, 02:50 PM

89 posts, read 73,631 times
Anybody know what's going next to Publix in Mauldin?

Old 08-15-2022, 06:06 PM

4,899 posts, read 7,441,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nans123 View Post
East Main Street and east side new businesses or future businesses Planet Smoothie, Pizza Hut, Andy’s, Crush Fitness, Ross, Hobby Lobby, Five Below, Tropical Cafe, Burrito Hub, Aspen Dental, Nothing Bundt Cakes, Bella Vision, Southern Bank, Popeyes, and Take 5 car wash.

Any target date for Hobby Lobby to open?

Old 08-15-2022, 06:12 PM

The Hub across from Wofford College. Wofford bookstore, Moe’s Original barbecue, and Sully’s Steamer. The Fretwell on the Rail Trail. Little River Roasting Coffee,future restaurant, and a cool air steam camper turned into a food truck. Downtown activity. Main Street Pub is expanding. LKlean Kitchen, Atlas Organics, Blue Moon grocery and rest., and Coastal Carolina National Bank. Work has begun on the Fairfield Inn site behind the Montgomery building. I believe they are doing work on the back lower portion of Montgomery building before they start on the hotel. Business I-85 and I-26 Sheraton Four Points Hotel in the old Holidome hotel. Health and Hand, Cribb’s Kitchen, Culver’s are all opening locations on 290! I heard a rumor that Tipsy Taco may be opening a location on 290.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area