Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2023, 05:50 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,873,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Are there any Ruby Tuesdays still remaining in the Upstate? Or have they completely exited the region?

According to their website, one is open in Clemson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2023, 07:51 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,809,471 times
With the CFA on Fairview Rd in Simpsonville to relocate next year, I wonder if that old location would be a good for a Whataburger. May be tight fit, since CFA thinks so. Seems similar in size to the KFC on Woodruff Rd.

Old 10-06-2023, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
My understanding the Spartanburg location for Whataburger is the old Ruby Tuesday site at Hillcrest. And the old Bank of America site in Duncan. And perhaps a new build in Boiling Springs.
This says new construction. Is it the same location? 1941 E. Main St.
https://www.ldiline.com/jobs/3865/de...spartanburg-sc

Old 10-06-2023, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
With the CFA on Fairview Rd in Simpsonville to relocate next year, I wonder if that old location would be a good for a Whataburger. May be tight fit, since CFA thinks so. Seems similar in size to the KFC on Woodruff Rd.
If it were to happen that way, the spot could handle the traffic once the fad wears off.

Old 10-06-2023, 09:48 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,012,126 times
Quote:
They may not close it. Two CFA's that close in Greenwood and three very close together near the Haywood/Laurens Rd intersection. None of them skip a beat from what I can tell. Always said they need a second CFA on the Top Golf side of 85 on Pelham Rd. That Pelham Rd location is insanely busy too.

Old 10-09-2023, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
They may not close it. Two CFA's that close in Greenwood and three very close together near the Haywood/Laurens Rd intersection. None of them skip a beat from what I can tell. Always said they need a second CFA on the Top Golf side of 85 on Pelham Rd. That Pelham Rd location is insanely busy too.
From my understanding, it's very rare for CFA franchise owners to have multiple locations. I believe the Simpsonville owner, owns Fairview Rd, Mauldin and Hwy 14/Main St Simpsonville. So if they open the new location on Harrison Bridge, I assume that they would give it to the same owner? If not that would take profits from him, so not sure how that would work.

Correct me if I'm wrong about the owner.

Old 10-09-2023, 07:09 AM

Quote:
From my understanding, it's very rare for CFA franchise owners to have multiple locations. I believe the Simpsonville owner, owns Fairview Rd, Mauldin and Hwy 14/Main St Simpsonville. So if they open the new location on Harrison Bridge, I assume that they would give it to the same owner? If not that would take profits from him, so not sure how that would work.

Correct me if I'm wrong about the owner.
I have no idea. I assume the two in Greenwood are the same owner. It's as close as two locations I have ever seen on both sides of the Hwy25/Bypass 72 intersection. The difference is one has a dining room/double drive thru and the older is double drive thru. All 4 drive thru lanes are always super busy and I have seen them take cones and mark off a third lane(during peak times) at the double drive thru only location. Crazy. On top of that there is a third small location in the Lander University student center not far away.

Old 10-09-2023, 08:38 AM

UInless the yhave been there and I havent noticed before Saturday, stobs are up in what, I assume, would be the new CFA location. It may be for something else though, as I thought it was going to be on the other corner there.

Old 10-09-2023, 11:25 AM

17,573 posts, read 15,237,377 times
It was only a year or two ago that they did a total remodel on that CFA..

I cannot see them having two locations that close together, coupled with the one just a few miles up the road at 14.

If I had to guess.. Fairview tends to turn into a mess around the holidays.. I'm wondering if the new property became available, likely for purchase... And that's behind the decision.. let's see.

Meh.. The theory doesn't totally hold water.. CFA does own the land that the current restaurant sits on. I thought there might be a chance they didn't own that, and.. It would make sense to move to where they could own the land..

That being said, the current land is just over 3/4 of an acre.. And, they use every drop of it. Efficiently, too, I might add.

That church sits on nearly 20 acres and the church is at the back end of it. So.. Even if they sold half.. Especially to CFA.. Where there would be no conflict with church on Sundays.. It'd give some money to the church and more room to CFA.

Old 10-09-2023, 12:24 PM

I don't think I have ever seen a CFA converted to something else. What happened to old Anderson and Easley locations when they relocated? I would think CFA is so particular about their brand that they make sure former locations are left unrecognizable when they leave to keep something else from moving in and using their look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area