Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2021, 10:37 AM

1,912 posts, read 1,127,026 times

Advertisements

Quicklotz now may be the next Haywood Mall anchor. It's based in Rutherfordton, NC and Simon is adding it as an anchor to malls, including North East Mall in Fort Worth and in the Gaffney outlets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2021, 11:50 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post
Quicklotz now may be the next Haywood Mall anchor. It's based in Rutherfordton, NC and Simon is adding it as an anchor to malls, including North East Mall in Fort Worth and in the Gaffney outlets.
A Liquidator? Let's hope not. Fine for an outlet mall.

I will hold out hope Simon will do something like they just did over in Knoxville at West Town. Sears was replaced by a 2 level Dick's House of Sports store and Tesla in the old Sears Auto Center just opened.

Old 07-31-2021, 07:57 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.brayden.sherman View Post
I talked to the Whataburger real estate department and they said that they have sites under consideration in Anderson, Greenville, and Spartanburg.

They have nine slated for Nashville, an unannounced number slated for Atlanta, along with more slated to increase their presence in Alabama and Florida Panhandle.

Meanwhile, I'm now in touch with the Del Taco franchisee directly (as opposed to through corporate) who also says that they have sites under consideration in Anderson, Greenville, and Spartanburg. They have permission from Del Taco to open eight locations in the upstate.
I would love to see Whataburger come to the Upstate. But there was also speculation they may be looking at Charlotte. Del Taco is a step above Taco Bell. Would also still like to see a Roy Rogers, as they are now seeking franchise expansion. But they would be more likely to return to Greensboro, Raleigh or Charlotte first. Better brand recognition there.. But Culver's was unknown here and they appear to be successful.

Old 07-31-2021, 10:04 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
We need HEB too. Texas gets all of the good stuff.

Old 08-02-2021, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
And Checkers is opening 23 new locations in the area.

For those new here.. They announced that back in 2018.
The closest Checkers opened was in Shelby, NC. Probably they waited too long to make a comeback and Cook-Out has since taken over.

Also the Pandemic may have put plans on hold, although fast food drive-thru service experience an upturn. And Checkers is mostly exclusively drive-thru only. Jack in the Box drive thru has done very well during the pandemic and is seeking a national franchise expansion, as they celebrate their 70th anniversary, despite having reduced presence in the Upstate.

Old 08-02-2021, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.brayden.sherman View Post
I talked to the Whataburger real estate department and they said that they have sites under consideration in Anderson, Greenville, and Spartanburg.

They have nine slated for Nashville, an unannounced number slated for Atlanta, along with more slated to increase their presence in Alabama and Florida Panhandle.

Meanwhile, I'm now in touch with the Del Taco franchisee directly (as opposed to through corporate) who also says that they have sites under consideration in Anderson, Greenville, and Spartanburg. They have permission from Del Taco to open eight locations in the upstate.
Are they also considering Charlotte as previously mentioned? Looks like that would give them good concentration along theI-85 corridor from Charlotte to Atlanta, with Greenville-Spartanburg infilling. Hopefully Whataburger will come to pass.

Old 08-02-2021, 01:26 PM

I predicted it would eventually happen, but in response to the Popeyes hype Bojangles now has an upgraded chicken sandwich option. Their new chicken sandwich debuted today with the "It's so clucking good" campaign. Bigger thicker patty with pickles, mayo, and medium spiced seasoning. Their original cajun chicken sandwich remains on the menu as a spicier option, but does not have the thicker premium patty.

Old 08-02-2021, 01:34 PM

321 posts, read 406,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I predicted it would eventually happen, but in response to the Popeyes hype Bojangles now has an upgraded chicken sandwich option. Their new chicken sandwich debuted today with the "It's so clucking good" campaign. Bigger thicker patty with pickles, mayo, and medium spiced seasoning. Their original cajun chicken sandwich remains on the menu as a spicier option, but does not have the thicker premium patty.
Only took them 1.5 years after the Popeyes release. way to go Bojangles you are officially the slowest fast food bandwagon jumper ever.

Old 08-02-2021, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russwd View Post
Only took them 1.5 years after the Popeyes release. way to go Bojangles you are officially the slowest fast food bandwagon jumper ever.
Better late than never. But now Bojangles, Hardee's. McDonald's, KFC and Zaxby's have been inspired by the success of Popeyes and Chick-Fil-A. All now offer upgraded options.

Old 08-02-2021, 02:29 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,441,774 times
Checkers is nothing special. Definitely not as special now as it was to me as a kid. Theyre all over FL and I had it recently in Louisiana (group decision). Not missing much. The fries you can buy at Walmart. And 23 sounds excessive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area