Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2021, 05:55 AM

192 posts, read 207,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
But I am continuing to hold out hope that the Atlanta expansion of Whataburger will extend to Greenville. Or they will venture down from Charlotte if they expand there as has been speculated. Meanwhile I enjoy Culver's and still also wish for Roy Rogers.

I have talked to Whataburger about real estate in the upstate and they have actually hired a Greenville based broker who is looking at sites for them in Gvl, Sptbg, and Anderson. Seems like it may end up being 1 location in each area for the start and it may be corporate expansion, not franchisee.

We will see how it goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2021, 05:57 AM

192 posts, read 207,397 times
Quote:
I just wish we still had a Krystal. Nearest Upstate location is now Gaffney going towards Blacksburg. Or a White Castle for that matter. The world's largest White Castle recently opened in Orlando, as they continue to push more into Krystal territory. Of course Orlando is more of a tourist destination than Greenville. They would probably put a White Castle in Myrtle Beach before anywhere in the Upstate. Capture those tourists from Ohio and Michigan who enjoy their White Castle. Previously White Castle and Krystal overlap in parts of Kentucky and Tennessee.
I have talked to Krystal and they said they would be interested in returning to the Upstate but they would need a franchisee.

White Castle said they were actually looking at Carolina expansion but covid has delayed that for at least a year or 2, if not 4 years. The only reason the Clorida one went through was because the deal happened before the pandemic

Old 08-30-2021, 06:15 AM

14 posts, read 11,127 times
Perhaps this thread should be renamed Fast Food obsession?

Old 08-30-2021, 07:05 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.brayden.sherman View Post
I have talked to Whataburger about real estate in the upstate and they have actually hired a Greenville based broker who is looking at sites for them in Gvl, Sptbg, and Anderson. Seems like it may end up being 1 location in each area for the start and it may be corporate expansion, not franchisee.

We will see how it goes.
Thanks for the update; I hope to see Whataburger in the Upstate.

Old 08-30-2021, 07:06 AM

207 posts, read 216,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbtgvl View Post
Perhaps this thread should be renamed Fast Food obsession?

Yep - mods, how about a separate thread for fast food speculation?

Old 08-30-2021, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.brayden.sherman View Post
I have talked to Krystal and they said they would be interested in returning to the Upstate but they would need a franchisee.

White Castle said they were actually looking at Carolina expansion but covid has delayed that for at least a year or 2, if not 4 years. The only reason the Clorida one went through was because the deal happened before the pandemic
Would be happy for either Krystal or White Castle.

Old 08-30-2021, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gville75 View Post
Well the new retail/restaurant topic should already include fast food, unless a separate subthread is warranted.

Old 08-30-2021, 07:14 AM

Some corporate Bojangles may be closed today to give their employees a break from staffing shortages, overtime, and stress. It is a corporate day off, but unpaid. Not sure if any franchise Upstate locations will be affected.

Old 08-30-2021, 07:20 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gville75 View Post
I think we had a "best area hamburger" thread that hasn't been bumped forward in a while . Will make no difference, most all of the threads on this forum eventually turn to who has the best hamburger or fried chicken.

Old 08-30-2021, 10:57 AM

723 posts, read 1,149,524 times
Quote:
Some corporate Bojangles may be closed today to give their employees a break from staffing shortages, overtime, and stress. It is a corporate day off, but unpaid. Not sure if any franchise Upstate locations will be affected.
According to the list released by the company, the Bojangles locations on Haywood Road and Woodruff Road will be affected, as well as the one on Main Street in Newberry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area