Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2021, 03:33 PM

192 posts, read 207,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Are they also considering Charlotte as previously mentioned? Looks like that would give them good concentration along theI-85 corridor from Charlotte to Atlanta, with Greenville-Spartanburg infilling. Hopefully Whataburger will come to pass.
I believe they are still considering Charlotte but I did not ask this time so I will have to ask next time I talk to them later this week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2021, 06:45 AM

321 posts, read 406,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Better late than never. But now Bojangles, Hardee's. McDonald's, KFC and Zaxby's have been inspired by the success of Popeyes and Chick-Fil-A. All now offer upgraded options.
Pulled into Bojangles drive-thru (Harrison Bridge) last night and I heard them tell the car in front of me that they were out of the new chicken sandwich so I drove off.

Old 08-03-2021, 07:25 AM

2,525 posts, read 1,944,675 times
For a trip upstate to Greenville this September, We're looking for recommendations of 'Must-Visit Restaurants' in the downtown area.

We're looking for a cut above the Checkers/Bojangles places. Seafood is not a priority, cause Charleston Seafood is the freshest around. Any good BBQ Joints for Pulled Pork and Brisket ?? Is the Hall's Steakhouse in G'ville top notch like the one down here ??

Thanks in advance for any recs !!

Old 08-03-2021, 09:15 AM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveLoaves View Post
For a trip upstate to Greenville this September, We're looking for recommendations of 'Must-Visit Restaurants' in the downtown area.

We're looking for a cut above the Checkers/Bojangles places. Seafood is not a priority, cause Charleston Seafood is the freshest around. Any good BBQ Joints for Pulled Pork and Brisket ?? Is the Hall's Steakhouse in G'ville top notch like the one down here ??

Thanks in advance for any recs !!

Start a new topic for this. You'll have lots of people happy to answer, but this topic isn't the place for it.

Old 08-03-2021, 09:22 AM

1,912 posts, read 1,127,026 times
Does anyone have any news about retailers coming to the County Square site?

I am already getting nostalgic for Bell Tower Mall, one of my childhood malls, but surely future retailers will be better than it was.

Old 08-03-2021, 01:40 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russwd View Post
Pulled into Bojangles drive-thru (Harrison Bridge) last night and I heard them tell the car in front of me that they were out of the new chicken sandwich so I drove off.
Sold out already. Let the hype begin. But I enjoyed the new Bojangles chicken sandwich and thought it was a good product.

Old 08-04-2021, 07:10 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Whataburger was good in Texas, but outside of that state, the quality seems to have gone down. We have a lot of hamburger choices in the Upstate, many on the higher end of the scale.

Would like to see Culver's expand a bit more. Smashburger or Shake Shack would probably do well in our area.

Old 08-04-2021, 09:20 AM

6,476 posts, read 6,441,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Whataburger was good in Texas, but outside of that state, the quality seems to have gone down. We have a lot of hamburger choices in the Upstate, many on the higher end of the scale.

Would like to see Culver's expand a bit more. Smashburger or Shake Shack would probably do well in our area.
I've had Whataburger in TX, OK, FL, and maybe LA, for greasy fast food, always has been delicious. The spicy ketchup is probably the second best FF condiment after Bojangles' honey mustard. That said I really doubt they expand into the Upstate anytime soon.

Greenville will have a Shake Shack eventually. Matter of when rather than if.

Old 08-04-2021, 08:13 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
I've had Whataburger in TX, OK, FL, and maybe LA, for greasy fast food, always has been delicious. The spicy ketchup is probably the second best FF condiment after Bojangles' honey mustard. That said I really doubt they expand into the Upstate anytime soon.

Greenville will have a Shake Shack eventually. Matter of when rather than if.
Shake Shack has done well in Charlotte and Atlanta, so I suppose it is possible they could infill and come to Greenville. Although smaller than their typical market.

Old 08-05-2021, 07:18 AM

825 posts, read 1,124,932 times
Travinia has returned to Greenville after a six year hiatus. It’s located in the old Ramanos location off of Pelham Rd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area