Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2021, 07:58 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times

Advertisements

I'm assuming the CFA will be franchised to the same owner of the Fairview Rd and Mauldin location? That dude is making the green. $$$
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2021, 08:06 AM

1,267 posts, read 1,210,414 times
I was told on pretty good authority tha the average CFO partner pulld dow over 2M a year, and they are W2 employees, that suprised me.

Old 05-10-2021, 01:55 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I'm assuming the CFA will be franchised to the same owner of the Fairview Rd and Mauldin location? That dude is making the green. $$$

Not impossible, but unlikely. VERY few CFA franchisees have more than 1 store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckee16 View Post
I was told on pretty good authority tha the average CFO partner pulld dow over 2M a year, and they are W2 employees, that suprised me.

This is accurate. CFA has an odd model. Franchisees are massively vetted and are expected to work at the store. CFA retains ownership and the 'franchisee' is an employee.

It.. Oddly works out very well.. However. The downside is that the franchisee doesn't start a business that he can pass down to his kids. If the franchisee dies.. He's replaced with another. The upside is that you get franchisees who are invested in the business. The better it does, the better they do. Quality is kept up. Everything they do affects how much money they make.

Old 05-11-2021, 07:33 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Not impossible, but unlikely. VERY few CFA franchisees have more than 1 store.

This is accurate. CFA has an odd model. Franchisees are massively vetted and are expected to work at the store. CFA retains ownership and the 'franchisee' is an employee.

It.. Oddly works out very well.. However. The downside is that the franchisee doesn't start a business that he can pass down to his kids. If the franchisee dies.. He's replaced with another. The upside is that you get franchisees who are invested in the business. The better it does, the better they do. Quality is kept up. Everything they do affects how much money they make.
The Simpsonville owner has one of the busiest CFA's in the US I was told. Customer satisfaction scores are also very high at that location. You are correct about typically one store per owner. But this new CFA will eat into the his other two stores profits potentially. That's a bit of a slap in the face to that owner. But there seems to be enough customers to go around.

Old 05-11-2021, 07:43 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
The Simpsonville owner has one of the busiest CFA's in the US I was told. Customer satisfaction scores are also very high at that location. You are correct about typically one store per owner. But this new CFA will eat into the his other two stores profits potentially. That's a bit of a slap in the face to that owner. But there seems to be enough customers to go around.
I doubt it. There are two CFA's in Greenwood about as close to each other as I have ever seen and neither one misses a beat when it comes to lines. I mean one on each side of the 25/72 intersection. That close.

I often say they should build a second CFA on the other side of 85 on Pelham Rd and neither one would interfere with the other. LOL.

Old 05-11-2021, 08:47 AM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:

I know of the guy, don't know him personally and.. Yes.. He does a hell of a job with his store.But, it's kinda the way things are. CFA does their legwork. They're not Subway, putting in new stores and undercutting their existing folks. If they're putting in a new site, it's because they've done the research and the area can support it.

Old 05-12-2021, 10:56 AM

Gas and Toilet Paper is one thing but this is serious business. Only one dipping sauce per item.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/12/busin...age/index.html

Old 05-19-2021, 05:12 PM

145 posts, read 174,522 times
I'll give them another try in a few weeks, but I was massively unimpressed with Home Team BBQ. Pulled pork was adequate, like something I could make on an OK day. Pretty sure they just use a finishing sauce off the smoking meats forum. The red and mustard sauces were fine. No one in my family liked the baked beans. The Mac was OK. The ribs were unbelievably tough, stringy and had nearly no meat on them.

Last of all they forgot the kids pork sandwich in the to go order. I counted the boxes and thought it was in there, but one of the boxes was just pickles and sauces and not the sandwich. We live close so I drove back to get it. Got back home with one and the amount of meat was pathetic. I weighed it and it was .93 ounces of meat. I paid $6 for slightly less than an ounce of pork on a toasted Hawaiian roll.

I'll chalk it up to first day jitters, but man it wasn't good.

Old 05-19-2021, 06:53 PM

Will give it a try but that will not cut it here. Lot's of good bbq nearby with Henry's Smokehouse and Moe's Original.

Old 05-19-2021, 10:06 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
I always wait several months after a new retailer or restaurant opens before trying them out. Gotta give them a chance to get the kinks worked out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area