Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2020, 11:01 AM

401 posts, read 378,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Chase Bank for old Hardee’s on Pelham Road.
Now that is an interesting scoop. Chase is making good on their promise for a heavy push into the South. I do have one Chase product and have been very impressed with their level of service among other things. Chase coming into the South may be the beginning of the end of Wells Fargo (Wachovia) in some markets in this region.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2020, 11:31 AM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Miss the Hardee's, Bojangle's, and Jack in the Box in that area. Wish they would all relocate and rebuild new locations like Wendy's did.

I'm usually right there with you on the restaurants.. But we go opposite directions on Jack in the Box.

Cannot stand that place. Nasty, nasty, nasty food.

Old 06-25-2020, 01:22 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Chase Bank for old Hardee’s on Pelham Road.
C'mon Chase stop taking our fast food joints. Wendy's at Cherrydale, now this.

Old 06-25-2020, 04:29 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Crumbl Cookies coming next to Trader Joe’s.

Old 06-26-2020, 04:47 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge71 View Post
Now that is an interesting scoop. Chase is making good on their promise for a heavy push into the South. I do have one Chase product and have been very impressed with their level of service among other things. Chase coming into the South may be the beginning of the end of Wells Fargo (Wachovia) in some markets in this region.
Chase already in Charlotte and Atlanta so makes sense they infill Greenville.

But I don't think Wells Fargo is going anywhere, despite recent problems. They are a large, dominant bank with east coast operations based in Charlotte, as the old First Union/Wachovia. I miss the old Wachovia as they were a well managed bank with good customer service before they fell victim to the 2008 economic crisis.

Old 06-26-2020, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I'm usually right there with you on the restaurants.. But we go opposite directions on Jack in the Box.

Cannot stand that place. Nasty, nasty, nasty food.
Regarding Jack in the Box, I will agree quality control could be better at certain locations. But I enjoy the variety on the menu, and you can get lunch or dinner all day. Sometimes I like a burger for breakfast, and nobody else offers that choice except perhaps Sonic. I have enjoyed the Ultimate Cheeseburger, breakfast burrito, and some of the other breakfast sandwiches. And you either love or hate their famous deep fried tacos.

But I would much rather have a Roy Rogers. Better quality with choice of roast beef, burgers, or fried chicken. Although they have suspended their famous fixin's bar due to the COVID-19 crisis, but they will provide a free fixin's cup upon request.

Old 06-26-2020, 06:34 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,048,899 times
Quote:
Regarding Jack in the Box, I will agree quality control could be better at certain locations. But I enjoy the variety on the menu, and you can get lunch or dinner all day. Sometimes I like a burger for breakfast, and nobody else offers that choice except perhaps Sonic. I have enjoyed the Ultimate Cheeseburger, breakfast burrito, and some of the other breakfast sandwiches. And you either love or hate their famous deep fried tacos.

But I would much rather have a Roy Rogers. Better quality with choice of roast beef, burgers, or fried chicken. Although they have suspended their famous fixin's bar due to the COVID-19 crisis, but they will provide a free fixin's cup upon request.
JIB 5 Forks is solid. I’ll choose it over any other fast food place - except Culver’s.

Old 06-26-2020, 07:59 PM

401 posts, read 378,724 times
Quote:
Chase already in Charlotte and Atlanta so makes sense they infill Greenville.

But I don't think Wells Fargo is going anywhere, despite recent problems. They are a large, dominant bank with east coast operations based in Charlotte, as the old First Union/Wachovia. I miss the old Wachovia as they were a well managed bank with good customer service before they fell victim to the 2008 economic crisis.
I'm aware of Chase's presence in ATL and CLT. I'm also aware Wells Fargo has serious issues going back decades and is poised to struggle the most going forward as opposed to the other big banks. Just Google and you may find some troubling facts about Wells and their future as they stand today. FYI, I did most all my banking with First Union/Wachovia/Wells Fargo from 1993 to 2015 until I discovered how poorly that bank is run.

Old 06-26-2020, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ForksSC View Post
JIB 5 Forks is solid. I’ll choose it over any other fast food place - except Culver’s.
Yes Culver's is great; glad they came here. Now if we could just get Roy Rogers, In N Out or Whataburger.

Old 07-02-2020, 07:54 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Lush is now open at Haywood Mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area