Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2020, 06:36 AM

186 posts, read 358,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Are there any burger and steak restaurants remaining in the Pelham Road area?
Is Logan's still going? Chophouse '47? (I'm asking, I really don't know.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2020, 06:44 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,843,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Italian restaurant coming to Clemson student housing

'Stonemont Financial Group, a real estate investment firm out of Atlanta, is preparing to include an Amici (pizza) restaurant franchise in its Plaza One89 student housing with 45 beds this fall. The two groups have come to an agreement to build 20 Amici restaurants throughout North and South Carolina with the first coming in time for football season this year.'

Amici · Pizza · Wings · Friends
There is an Amici restaurant being built on Pendleton St. in Easley! Looks like its going to be a great addition!

Old 05-06-2020, 07:37 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,364,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I just couldn't get behind the Whataburger idea. I thought my idea/research showing a possible self-storage place was more believable and likely than that. Though the property didn't quite seem large enough for it.
Disappointed that Whataburger did not come to fruition. But thought it a bit unlikely a lone outpost franchise would emerge that far from its core markets in Alabama and Texas. Only a few locations even in Florida and none remain in Georgia.

Old 05-06-2020, 10:41 AM

17,599 posts, read 15,272,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Disappointed that Whataburger did not come to fruition. But thought it a bit unlikely a lone outpost franchise would emerge that far from its core markets in Alabama and Texas. Only a few locations even in Florida and none remain in Georgia.

Lone store likely wouldn't be the right way to do that.. Though.. I don't overly agree with the flip side of things, which was how Jack in the Box entered the market.. That was almost an oversaturation.

That being said.. Wasn't Popeye's entry into the market pretty much that Boiling Springs location? Seems to be working out for them.

Golden Chick, I thought had the right idea.. Of course, look at them. So, obvious that my ideas aren't perfect, either.

Old 05-06-2020, 01:59 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,760,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Best national pizza chain...by far.
I think I will give them a try. Thank you!

Old 05-06-2020, 07:51 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,101,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I think I will give them a try. Thank you!
My pleasure.

Old 05-07-2020, 07:32 AM

14 posts, read 15,443 times
Farmhouse Pizza on Laurens is now Farmhouse Taco. I remember looking at the pizza menu and passed because it was pricey for pizza. Not so sure about $6 tacos either but hope it works for them.

Old 05-07-2020, 07:45 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,824,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUIE92 View Post
Farmhouse Pizza on Laurens is now Farmhouse Taco. I remember looking at the pizza menu and passed because it was pricey for pizza. Not so sure about $6 tacos either but hope it works for them.
I'm afraid that we are moving into a new era that dining out is just going to cost more. If these establishments are only able to serve 50-60% of their previous customer base, they will continue to have much of the same overhead as before (rent, utilities, etc...). No choice other than to raise prices.

Old 05-07-2020, 09:20 AM

4,602 posts, read 6,022,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUIE92 View Post
Hmmm. Back to what worked before. Monterrey was always busy even having another location close behind the mall.

Old 05-09-2020, 07:49 PM

387 posts, read 331,231 times
Farmhouse taco in TR is great. Happy to see another location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area