Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2012, 02:49 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,543,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
fyi, it says they are demolishing the building that is there now...no biggie though still a great addition to the area!
Drat.... Still should have a smidge of character anyway I suppose...

Old 06-13-2012, 03:13 PM

176 posts, read 242,866 times
Mad Cuban Cafe for old Quiznos on Fairview Rd by BI-LO.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:08 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroZetro View Post
Mad Cuban Cafe for old Quiznos on Fairview Rd by BI-LO.
That sounds interesting. It's too bad that Quizno's closed. I knew the owner and she worked very hard. I think with Firehouse coming in, it was the death nail for her business.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:38 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Moe Joe for the very old Halfway to Habana space downtown: http://www.moejoecoffee.com/

Old 06-19-2012, 11:34 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
New restaurant/retailers that have just opened or will be opening later this year downtown:

-Poppington Popcorn for old Qwikees space on Main Street. Opened this past week.

-Mac's Speed Shop for old vacant building on Main Street. Opened a few weeks ago.

-Pita Pit for old Quizno's space on Main Street.

-21 East restaurant for old three story office building along East Washington Street.

-Port City Java for old Liquid Highway space on Main Street.

-Moe Joe Coffee for old Halfway to Habana space on Main Street.

-American Roadside Burgers for old oil change shop/gas station on East McBee Avenue.

-Larkin's restaurant for old Hot Dog King space on Main Street

-Amanda Henry's Popcorn Parlor for vacant retail space at Main and Augusta Streets.

-Sushi for old Art Bar space on Main Street.

-New dentist office for McBee Station.

-The Cigar Boxx for vacant retail space On College Avenue.

-Charleston Cooks for old Atlanta Bread Company space on Main Street.

-New dentist office for vacant retail space between Edward Jones and The Cook's Station on Main Street.

-Anthropolgie and CertusBank for ONE development on Main Street.

***This list doesn't include the still fairly new but been open longer than a month Wool Over Your Eyes, Kitchen Arts & Pottery, Breakwater, and Sweet Dreams retailers/restaurants downtown.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:48 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,841,374 times
wow so now we will have three sushi resturants within one block downtown? crazy.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:38 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,376,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
New restaurant/retailers that have just opened or will be opening later this year downtown:

-The Cigar Boxx for vacant retail space On College Avenue.
The Cigar Boxx has been open on College Street for at least a few years. They are merely expanding into the vacant space next door.

Port City Java will be re-entering the same space they originally leased several years ago in Wells Fargo Place. I have not stepped foot inside that space since they closed. Liquid Highway was an embarrassing substitute.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:13 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,291,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
That sounds interesting. It's too bad that Quizno's closed. I knew the owner and she worked very hard. I think with Firehouse coming in, it was the death nail for her business.

For me the end of Quizzno's was when they had those annoying ads with the rat-looking animals in them. High pitched singing and rats for a food ad? I couldn't find the remote fast enough and forever after that associated Quizzno's with those stupid rats.......

Old 06-21-2012, 06:56 AM

3 posts, read 6,785 times
[quote=g-man430;24821830]New restaurant/retailers that have just opened or will be opening later this year downtown:

I recently talked to a couple who lives above the former Art Bar on Main (who is moving and will re-open in a new location as Cafe Outre) and he told me that the restaurant taking over that space is Ember restaurant from Greer. Home Page

...and speaking of ONE...I mentioned on another list some time ago that I had heard rumors that Maverick Kitchen was thinking of putting SNOW...Slightly North of Washington there...and heard another person mention that to me again last week that they heard the same thing mentioned while in Charleston.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:14 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,543,280 times
[quote=greenvillehistorytours;24838975]
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post

I recently talked to a couple who lives above the former Art Bar on Main (who is moving and will re-open in a new location as Cafe Outre) and he told me that the restaurant taking over that space is Ember restaurant from Greer. Home Page

...and speaking of ONE...I mentioned on another list some time ago that I had heard rumors that Maverick Kitchen was thinking of putting SNOW...Slightly North of Washington there...and heard another person mention that to me again last week that they heard the same thing mentioned while in Charleston.
Great insight - thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area