Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2012, 01:44 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,841,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
Thank you! That was my favorite of PCJ's Greenville stores. I gained a few pounds during those years though...
Agreed, makes me thirsty for a black and tan! I never understood why they pulled out of that location, it was the one place I assume HAD to be making money, they were packed every day!

Is this the same franchise?

Old 05-24-2012, 09:38 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,376,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
Agreed, makes me thirsty for a black and tan! I never understood why they pulled out of that location, it was the one place I assume HAD to be making money, they were packed every day!

Is this the same franchise?
The local franchise that opened in 2004 and then collapsed after over-saturation was owned by Champ Covington, III, and Victor Austin. I haven't heard the name of this new franchise.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:48 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Chicora Alley for old Taco Bell in Mauldin.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:38 PM

170 posts, read 355,854 times
Upcountry Provision's and Chef Giovanni's 24 Main have opened in downtown Travelers Rest, finally!

Old 05-31-2012, 01:25 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,841,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Looking closely at the rendering it looks like it is attached to a strip center. One location I can think of thats available is the old Atlanta Bread in Magnolia Park on the end of that plaza. Just a guess.
Good guess! I can confirm for sure, Fatz is renovating this space. Not sure what the concept/name is, something fast casual....sandwiches, salads, burgers etc.

Also, if anyone cares, the Shell Carwash on 123 in Easley has reopened under new management, they renovated the whole space, looks pretty nice.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:27 AM

J Peters is now open in downtown Fountain Inn.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:38 AM

Mac's Speed Shop now open in downtown Greenville. Two new popcorn stores coming soon for downtown Greenville also.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:24 AM

1,077 posts, read 1,649,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Mac's Speed Shop now open in downtown Greenville. Two new popcorn stores coming soon for downtown Greenville also.
I saw the sign for one last weekend. I don't get it, do they only sell popcorn? How will they stay afloat? Is there that much demand for popcorn?

I guess people eat it when they are strolling main street.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:30 AM

49 posts, read 102,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
Good guess! I can confirm for sure, Fatz is renovating this space. Not sure what the concept/name is, something fast casual....sandwiches, salads, burgers etc.

Also, if anyone cares, the Shell Carwash on 123 in Easley has reopened under new management, they renovated the whole space, looks pretty nice.
Fatz is renovating the space with a fast casual concept that'll feature local farms and regional foods, per the Fatz corporate representative that I bumped in to while visiting the Limestone Farms booth at the TD Saturday Market. Looking for local eggs for what he called, "the best brunch in town".

In other news, Tavern 24 coming to Woodruff Rd in the former Fatz Cafe space: Tavern 24

In a quick search for job listings, here's some insight:

"Now accepting applications for our new restaurant opening in Greenville, SC
We want you to join our new Tavern 24 Family!

NOT YOUR AVERAGE SPORTS BAR…

Tavern 24 is the preeminent option for friends to gather after work for happy
hour, re-connect with family or catch the game while still receiving great
quality food made with fresh ingredients, whether it is dine-in or ToGo.
Enjoy a laid-back tavern environment without the annoying audio
interference and order premium items from a robust menu that won’t break
the bank. We are looking hard working, engaged individuals with fun, upbeat personalities and a high level of energy to take care of our guests."

Old 06-01-2012, 11:42 AM

Coming soon to where old body shop/gas station is on McBee Avenue across from Suntrust building: http://www.americanroadside.com/home/

Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
I saw the sign for one last weekend. I don't get it, do they only sell popcorn? How will they stay afloat? Is there that much demand for popcorn?

I guess people eat it when they are strolling main street.
They'll sell various different things. They stay afloat by selling consumer goods. Apparently there is demand for popcorn. Ever been here: http://www.garrettpopcorn.com/ I had the pleasure of visiting Garrett's in downtown Chicago last year. Puts movie theater popcorn to utter shame.

Last edited by g-man430; 06-01-2012 at 11:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area