Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2017, 04:48 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times

Advertisements

Was up at Clemson today to do some waterfall hiking and passed a place called Sweet Spot. We did a U-turn and stopped. OMG! Heaven for dessert junkies! Got a cranberry orange scone - best, and biggest, I've ever had and the cupcakes, never seen a variety like they had anywhere else. Got a butterscotch cupcake, heaven in a paper cup. I don't know what kind of icing she makes, but it was fantabulous!

Owner (Gigi) was a gem, and really sweet too - gave me a sample of soups, one was tomato, one was mushroom. Don't like tomato soup, but after hiking we went back for a late lunch, and I ordered the tomato soup. I'm a convert - nothing like that soup in a can - ick! I could have put this on pasta! Her sample of organic coffee was great too.

My friend got a chicken pot pie and thought it was wonderful. Walked out with another butterscotch cupcake (hey, it's far from Grrrrr) an she got a key lime pie cupcake and a hazelnut truffle cupcake for her husband. Everything looked wonderful, and all made fresh. Damn, I should have taken pictures!

Looking for the address to post I see the reviews are wonderful! 66 5* - if I did FB, I would make it 67!

https://www.facebook.com/sweetspotclemson/

It's been there since October, so it's pretty new. I'll definitely be going back when I'm in the Clemson area!

Old 01-26-2017, 05:51 AM

2,443 posts, read 2,869,148 times
Oh that's good to hear! That place is owned by a client's sister. (he is moving here from NY). I will pass this on to him.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:33 AM

1 posts, read 1,601 times
What is going into the old Bojangles' location on Laurens Rd? There are blue awnings now....

Old 01-26-2017, 11:25 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,608,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LILYsMOM2 View Post
What is going into the old Bojangles' location on Laurens Rd? There are blue awnings now....
unconfirmed report that this location (as well as other adjacent properties?) will become a new QuikTrip

Old 01-26-2017, 02:48 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,399,177 times
CarMax competitor EchoPark is planning a Laurens Road location across from CarMax.

CarMax competitor EchoPark plans Motor Mile location - Upstate Business Journal

Old 01-26-2017, 05:56 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
Oh that's good to hear! That place is owned by a client's sister. (he is moving here from NY). I will pass this on to him.
Are you talking about Sweet Spot, BigRedBeth? Have you been there yet??? Why don't we have places like this in Greer??? Actually...maybe it's better there isn't, my willpower stinks! Oh, wait...brilliant idea...she should open another location in Greer and have her brother run it!!!!

Old 01-27-2017, 11:53 AM

2,443 posts, read 2,869,148 times
LOL! No I have not been there yer, but it sounds like I am going to have to try it soon . However, as I am a health coach in addition to a real estate agent, I will have to keep it from my clients

Old 01-27-2017, 02:56 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,399,177 times
some positive press about Greenville in the atlanta newspaper.

New in Greenville, S.C. - cool bowling, a speakeasy, a dog hotel

i didn't know about The Gorge canopy zipline up in Saluda. or the new boutique bowling alley and dog hotel coming to downtown.

Old 01-28-2017, 02:12 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post

i didn't know about The Gorge canopy zipline up in Saluda. or the new boutique bowling alley and dog hotel coming to downtown.
I just wish they would still deliver the Atlanta newspaper here in Greenville so you could actually read about it. Other than online. The AJC paper always sold very well here in Greenville, and I am disappointed they will no longer deliver to retail establishments here.

It would be nice if Publix or QuikTrip would deliver the AJC paper at some of their Upstate stores since they receive regular delivery trucks from the Atlanta area, particularly on Sunday.

Old 01-28-2017, 02:51 PM

180 posts, read 341,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post

The Boutique bowling alley looks cool. We need more entertainment options here in Greenville
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area