Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2017, 06:32 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,291,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzy_army View Post
Anyone know what ever happened with that Belaire Grill in Powdersville? The building was set up and it never opened or hasn't opened in 6 months.
The traffic volume at Cracker Barrel, Chik Fil A, and the new Clock restaurants should be sufficient to indicate support for additional quality restaurant choices in that area. The long term vacancies of that strip mall next to Walmart have been surprising for me. Either they are charging excessive rent or something else must be wrong there.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:02 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
From the owner of Grill Marks and Larkin's, Limoncello to take over the former Playwright spot: Italian concept will take over former Playwright restaurant spot in downtown Greenville

Yep...the restaurant industry downtown is doing terrible alright. Oh and Famous Toastery opened today also.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:35 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
From the owner of Grill Marks and Larkin's, Limoncello to take over the former Playwright spot: Italian concept will take over former Playwright restaurant spot in downtown Greenville

Yep...the restaurant industry downtown is doing terrible alright. Oh and Famous Toastery opened today also.
Did someone say the restaurant business was doing bad DT? LOL. You can't walk 3 ft. DT and not run in to one. That may be the problem with the closures. I keep seeing on the news outlets that finding staff is tough too.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:53 PM

Panda Express is coming to the Eastside of Spartanburg in the old Lee's Chicken spot near Hillcrest Shopping Plaza per UBJ.

Old 07-22-2017, 06:23 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Panda Express is coming to the Eastside of Spartanburg in the old Lee's Chicken spot near Hillcrest Shopping Plaza per UBJ.
I always wondered about the Lee's Chicken. When did it close down? I heard there is a new Panda where the Freddy's used to be in Greenville. Hard to believe Freddy's closed so fast! But then again, the dining room was never very full.

Old 07-22-2017, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I always wondered about the Lee's Chicken. When did it close down? I heard there is a new Panda where the Freddy's used to be in Greenville. Hard to believe Freddy's closed so fast! But then again, the dining room was never very full.
Panda in the old Freddy's is not open yet. The building is under renovation. Not sure when that Lee's near Hillcrest shutdown.

Old 07-23-2017, 01:31 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I believe the Lee's location in Spartanburg closed a few years ago because their lease expired or they were raising the rent. But there is still a Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken in Rock Hill on Cherry Rd. operated by a local franchisee. If I recall their chicken is similar to KFC Original Recipe, but I have not dined their recently. Most Lee's locations are in the Midwest in areas such as Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana.

Their founder Lee Cummings was a cousin to KFC founder Colonel Sanders, and at one time Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken was operated by Shoney's, along with Captain D's Seafood. But they are all now separate corporations.

Freddy's was good but a bit overpriced. I wish Jack in the Box had held out a bit longer at that location. They should have closed Congaree but kept Woodruff Rd. open. But I am pleased that Panda Express is finally on the way.

Old 07-23-2017, 04:21 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
BlueMercury now open downtown.

Old 07-23-2017, 04:36 PM

387 posts, read 330,988 times
Finally got to the recently opened Le Petit Croissant this morning (640 S Main in downtown Greenville) and was quite disappointed. Croissants looked as if they hadn't proofed properly and were chewy rather than light and fluffy. Better luck with the pastry pops, which were delicious.

Old 07-24-2017, 05:42 AM

2,443 posts, read 2,869,148 times
Just curious if others feel the same way- not every time, but most of the times I eat at one of the new places downtown I feel like I have paid too much for food that I could cook myself, or, if it is ethnic food, I paid too much for the amount of food I got. I love hole in the wall type places but sadly, downtown has become too "fancy" to support those kind of places. (i.e. rents too high).
Looking forward to trying Panda Express when it opens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area