Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 08:46 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluff_Dweller View Post
I haven't contributed much in the way of help for awhile. Tami made me feel so good when she said I was "normal", I have been getting a lot of stuff done around the house I had been letting go. But like CA said, sometimes the "curveballs" tend to pile up, so I might remind you of a couple of Female songs I always enjoyed hearing. One said, "I can do anything, I am woman". The other was " These boots are made for walking and I will walk all over you", when the curveballs happen. That's the way my wife was and we sure had a lot of curveball's in our 53 1/2 years together.

Like Tami, I took my favorite "T-Bird" to Texas for my youngest daughter to use. Put on new tires and battery so she wouldn't have much expense for a couple of years only to get t-boned in an intersection by a driver of a stolen car in the forth month. The driver was never caught. Another curveball.

(((GOOD JOB~CA)))(((HUGS TO ALL)))
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Tami...I'm glad your husband's truck is still part of your family...I tend to get really "attached" to my vehicles. Sounds like you do too...I want to keep everyone and every "thing" around forever! But taken to extreme this causes some people to become "major hoarders." I'm glad I'm not that bad.
Bluff, I drove my dad's car down to Texas when he died too, to give to my daughter. SHE got smashed into on the highway by some woman who was putting on makeup! Totaled the car. It was a nice '02 Buick Regal with all the bells and whistles. Rode like a Lincoln.

Ooo, CA, I am trying so hard to get rid of stuff! Everything of his I say to myself, "that's his handwriting, that was his toy, that was his favorite (whatever), etc. I have to FORCE myself to get rid of scraps of paper, his old appointment cards, his old credit cards and the like. I really had a hard time with the clothes because every piece, I could picture him wearing it. I kept his slippers because they fit me and a bathrobe I bought him one year cuz I can wear that too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 06:49 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,314,426 times
tamiznluv...I bagged-up my husband and son's clothes over the past couple of weeks. And I'm taking the bags to our local church thrift shop this morning. (Put the bags in the car last night.)...It seems good to do it right before Thanksgiving...I saved some of my husband's colored tee-shirts and I've worn them too. Have to keep a few things. Right?...Found my husband's favorite pens in the pocket of one of his jackets and I'll keep them!...Everything was on "hold" after my husband died because my son started having ongoing health problems about 6 months after he died. So I didn't "touch" very much and just focused on my son. (Until now.)

Old 11-21-2012, 08:59 AM

CA, I just took the last two bags (I hope) of Earl's clothes to the dump yesterday. LOL, that's where the clothing bin I like to use is. One basket was dirty, one was clean but I washed them all for whomever. If I still weighed what I used to weigh before prednisone, I could've worn a lot of his shirts and jeans but sadly, I can't anymore. Slippies and bathrobe will have to suffice.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:35 PM

tamiznluv...I was all set to take the bags of clothes to the thrift store. I felt fine when I woke up this morning...But all of a sudden I started feeling dizzy and weak and spacey etc...I wasn't even sure if I was well-enough to have lunch with my friend...YUKKO!...But I didn't want to disappoint my friend and wanted to get out...I made it thru lunch okay but still felt weak and dizzy...Came back and climbed in bed with my bathrobe (etc.) on and will try to take a nap after this...Maybe I'm coming down with the flu. Or maybe the holidays are getting to me. Or giving the clothes away or ???...Have you ever had "weird bouts" like this just out of the blue?...I feel so drained and lethargic. (Like I could sleep forever and ever and never go out again!)...Hope I'm not getting the flu! Maybe it is all "emotional" but it's become "physical" now too!...Time for a nap now and "down time!"

Old 11-22-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
tamiznluv...I was all set to take the bags of clothes to the thrift store. I felt fine when I woke up this morning...But all of a sudden I started feeling dizzy and weak and spacey etc...I wasn't even sure if I was well-enough to have lunch with my friend...YUKKO!...But I didn't want to disappoint my friend and wanted to get out...I made it thru lunch okay but still felt weak and dizzy...Came back and climbed in bed with my bathrobe (etc.) on and will try to take a nap after this...Maybe I'm coming down with the flu. Or maybe the holidays are getting to me. Or giving the clothes away or ???...Have you ever had "weird bouts" like this just out of the blue?...I feel so drained and lethargic. (Like I could sleep forever and ever and never go out again!)...Hope I'm not getting the flu! Maybe it is all "emotional" but it's become "physical" now too!...Time for a nap now and "down time!"
CA, I've not had any physical bouts of feeling sick but I sure know about feeling drained and lethargic and wanting to sleep forever (if I got to sleep) and not wanting to go out. It takes an act of Congress to get me out of the house! If I didn't smoke and NEED to go get my smokes, I'd pratically never go out! Funny though, once I am out, I feel good. It feels good to be out and about.

Now that I've gotten myself on a "normal" sleeping schedule, I feel much better. I still don't want to go out, but my mental attitude is a whole lot better and hence, so does my physical self. I no longer NEED to take a nap during the day so I screw up my sleeping time.

I'm back into taking my vitamins and that CO Q 10 and Resveratrol sure helped me. I only take the Co Q 10 once in a while now, I get heart palpitaions from it but they still help.

Did you get your flu shot? I got mine a couple of months ago and so far, so good. I hope you don't have the flu. Hope you feel better after your nappy!

Old 11-24-2012, 12:42 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,571,496 times
CA, I hope you're not getting sick! I used to get anxiety attacks after my husband died. I never had them before, so they were pretty scary. I'd get rapid heartbeat, dizziness, shaking...didn't know what they were until I went to the ER one day thinking I was having a heart issue. After a bunch of tests, it wasn't my heart, it was anxiety which can mimic many real disorders. I think there's a subtle message in that you physically couldn't take the clothes to the church. Maybe it's not time? If it were me, I'd put off taking the clothes, and try again another time. Maybe you're just not ready to let them go yet. Or, maybe you've really got the flu? Hope you feel better no matter what the cause!

Old 11-25-2012, 11:18 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
CArizona, that which does not kill you makes you stronger. I always say that to myself. I have had more than my share of "challenges", in my life. I know they say everyone has "challenges". But it just seems like they sure are not handed out fairly.

Right now, I really need to see my life where it is, and look forward, not backward. Difficult to do...just take one day at a time. One hour at a time. One minute at a time. Each day is a new start.

Wishing you the best. Jasper

Old 12-10-2012, 05:38 PM

Marcy...Thanks for bringing up anxiety. Sorry about all you went through..I've had to deal with a lot of "unfamiliar stuff" lately and make decisions. Whew! Plus I'm going to lose another cat before too long...My cat "Silky" has always been the heart and soul of our family and he has medical problems now...I nearly had a breakdown when I went to the vet's office last week..I'm not used to being so vulnerable and so exposed. And such a big bundle of nerves!..It's been hard to live with myself!..I'm trying to bring a little more balance back into my life again but it's not always easy..If all goes well I'm going to try to find some way to spoil myself tomorrow. And I do let things slide and I let myself off the hook when possible now...Anyway I plan to start posting more again. Thanks to you and everyone for your great posts and support! More soon!

Old 12-10-2012, 06:26 PM

tamiznluv...I'm glad you're sleeping better now. My sick cat wakes me up in the middle of the night. He's become needy and dependent..I try to nap during the day when I can..I finally donated my son and husband's clothes and I'm okay with it now..How are you handling the holidays? I think I'm kind of "numb" most of the time. Just try to make it through each day the best I can.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:48 PM

Jasper12...Thanks for the "well wishes!"...I have to take things day by day and minute by minute too...Otherwise I'll go off the "deep end" and "crack up!" And this wouldn't be good...I keep myself going for the cats. If something happened to me there is no one else around to take care of the cats..One of my cats is sick and could die before long. Sad!..But I still have another cat and my son's cat and I can't "bail out" on them! It's just not in my nature...Every (every) now and then I tell my husband and son "off" for "bailing out" on me and the cats and "sticking" me with everything!...I feel entitled to express my honest feelings when I need to get "stuff" out of my system..But I don't stay mad at them for long. I'm glad they didn't stick around and suffer and suffer just to please me. This wouldn't have made me happy...And I've been having talks with my sick cat lately. I don't want him to die. Losing him will break my heart into a million pieces all over again..But I don't want my cat to stick around and suffer and suffer just to please me either. If he starts experiencing a lot of pain I will have him put to "sleep" even though it will sure be sad and hard to lose him. And hard to go on and live without him...But the other 2 cats "count" and "matter" too and I can't let them down. Or let myself down. It can't just be about the cats because they might not be around forever either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning