Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 07:47 PM

971 posts, read 1,452,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tngirl205 View Post
Aw Bluff, how sweet of you to say that. I am so glad you are looking forward to life. We all need something to look forward to. It is so wonderful that we have each other here.

tngirl
Yep, and who would have "thunk" it a year ago, lil sis. You tend to write like my wife spoke. Her ancestors came here from Seiever Co. Tenn. Must be the GENEs, you suppose? LOL Thanks for your support.
Bro Bluff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 08:41 PM

4,164 posts, read 6,312,593 times
Bluff...I'm glad you are looking forward to living life more fully now...I'm still doing "day-by-day" but I hope to be able to think about the future at some point. (With a positive attitude!)...Thanks for sharing. Great to hear that you are doing so much better now!

Old 04-30-2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Bluff...I'm glad you are looking forward to living life more fully now...I'm still doing "day-by-day" but I hope to be able to think about the future at some point. (With a positive attitude!)...Thanks for sharing. Great to hear that you are doing so much better now!
Thank you CA .... I sincerely believe your day is coming and much faster than mine did. JMO All it takes is TIME. Again my opinion, just keep on, keeping on.

(((HUGS))) don't hurt either

Old 05-01-2013, 01:20 PM

Bluff...Thanks for the "good wishes" and hug!...I still feel a strong "bond" with my husband. (And I'm glad!)...I've never been one to rush-out and buy new cars or gadgets. (Or "new anything" right off the bat!)...I like to keep and enjoy and "bond" with what I "have." (Versus continually throwing out the "old" in favor of "new.").. And this has always applied to the people in my life too...My loyalty and my tendency to "hold-on" may lengthen (or hamper) my grief. But oh well! This is just my nature and who I've always been...Have you been a "keeper" too?.. The wedding vows say "til death do us part." But love doesn't just fly-away or turn into dust when our spouse dies... Our "bond" lives-on forever! Don't you think? Thanks for sharing.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Bluff...Thanks for the "good wishes" and hug!...I still feel a strong "bond" with my husband. (And I'm glad!)...I've never been one to rush-out and buy new cars or gadgets. (Or "new anything" right off the bat!)...I like to keep and enjoy and "bond" with what I "have." (Versus continually throwing out the "old" in favor of "new.").. And this has always applied to the people in my life too...My loyalty and my tendency to "hold-on" may lengthen (or hamper) my grief. But oh well! This is just my nature and who I've always been...Have you been a "keeper" too?.. The wedding vows say "til death do us part." But love doesn't just fly-away or turn into dust when our spouse dies... Our "bond" lives-on forever! Don't you think? Thanks for sharing.
I am with you on everything you said CA. My "keepers" are usually life long friends. When I haven't heard from anyone for awhile, I call and chat for a time. That has just happened since I retired in '95 however.

I think anyone that grew up during WWII lived frugal, that was the way we were taught at the time. IMO

I took my wedding vows seriously and still wear my wedding band. I posted once that my wife put my ring on my finger and I will wear it until she takes it off. I know it sounds silly but thats me.

Wish you a good weekend.
Bluff

Old 05-05-2013, 04:23 PM

994 posts, read 1,591,969 times
To be honest I really wasn't even going to respond to this thread but I just wanted to let off some steam myself.

Today management at my workplace was acting real stupid and it pissed me off so much that I'm debating whether to go back in tomorrow or not. Every job in my lifetime has basically been a load of corporate drama, backbiting and bull**** with the exception of working on my own. I feel cheated out of good jobs and wages thanks to all of the mother****ers in Corporate America. I'm not going to go over each time they cheat people because I could fill a whole blog with all the crap in the business world. The same goes for college and education; to be honest it feels like collegiate education is just as crooked and politicized as the business world and has become so obscenely expensive that any wage increase you do earn would go back to either whatever you paid for the damn degree or the BS loans that most people are stuck taking out. There's no difference between public and private schools, both are 2 timing scams to me. Don't forget the government too...land of the 'free' LMAO.

As a customer I feel like I was taken advantage of numerous times. It's gotten to the point to where I'd rather live like a nomad without the cheap Chinese made trash that passes for products today. I've gotten bad deals at dealerships, department stores, restaurants, everywhere. As a customer I could care less if the vast majority of businesses went down the toilet tomorrow, that's how little respect I hold for the business world. I really don't care if millions of people lose their jobs; they wouldn't care if I lost mine. I have so many companies and businesses on my 'avoid' list that I sometimes can't keep track of them, LOL. I've had ****ty dealings with professional services, medical care, etc...and I can see why people stop going for medical care and it has nothing to do with the cost.

In my relationships I have thrown a majority of 'friends' and 'family' out of my life for either backstabbing me or trying to play me for a sucker. I don't want a relationship with anyone since my own trust in other people is warped to the point to where I will never trust someone again. Most people are rotten and bigoted and quite frankly a good majority of them are just a step above wild animals. In the past decade I have realized that the majority of people are a bunch of snakes. There's so much crap in society: 'family', love, everyone cares and let's all sit on the couch watching some sitcom....it's all rated G bull**** and I don't buy it.

Even the internet is bad; every forum and blog I've been to is just as favoritist and screwy as every employer I've had. I don't know why so many people complain about workplace politics and drama in government/business when they pull the same **** online. It's all fake.

It's a long rant but I just wanted to let the OP know that they aren't the only person who got screwed and they have every right to complain and grieve. I know a lot of people got screwed harder than me but that still don't make it right. Simply because I got a fork in the ass and someone else got a spear in the ass doesn't mean I should smile about it.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireandice1000 View Post
To be honest I really wasn't even going to respond to this thread but I just wanted to let off some steam myself.

Today management at my workplace was acting real stupid and it pissed me off so much that I'm debating whether to go back in tomorrow or not. Every job in my lifetime has basically been a load of corporate drama, backbiting and bull**** with the exception of working on my own. I feel cheated out of good jobs and wages thanks to all of the mother****ers in Corporate America. I'm not going to go over each time they cheat people because I could fill a whole blog with all the crap in the business world. The same goes for college and education; to be honest it feels like collegiate education is just as crooked and politicized as the business world and has become so obscenely expensive that any wage increase you do earn would go back to either whatever you paid for the damn degree or the BS loans that most people are stuck taking out. There's no difference between public and private schools, both are 2 timing scams to me. Don't forget the government too...land of the 'free' LMAO.

As a customer I feel like I was taken advantage of numerous times. It's gotten to the point to where I'd rather live like a nomad without the cheap Chinese made trash that passes for products today. I've gotten bad deals at dealerships, department stores, restaurants, everywhere. As a customer I could care less if the vast majority of businesses went down the toilet tomorrow, that's how little respect I hold for the business world. I really don't care if millions of people lose their jobs; they wouldn't care if I lost mine. I have so many companies and businesses on my 'avoid' list that I sometimes can't keep track of them, LOL. I've had ****ty dealings with professional services, medical care, etc...and I can see why people stop going for medical care and it has nothing to do with the cost.

In my relationships I have thrown a majority of 'friends' and 'family' out of my life for either backstabbing me or trying to play me for a sucker. I don't want a relationship with anyone since my own trust in other people is warped to the point to where I will never trust someone again. Most people are rotten and bigoted and quite frankly a good majority of them are just a step above wild animals. In the past decade I have realized that the majority of people are a bunch of snakes. There's so much crap in society: 'family', love, everyone cares and let's all sit on the couch watching some sitcom....it's all rated G bull**** and I don't buy it.

Even the internet is bad; every forum and blog I've been to is just as favoritist and screwy as every employer I've had. I don't know why so many people complain about workplace politics and drama in government/business when they pull the same **** online. It's all fake.

It's a long rant but I just wanted to let the OP know that they aren't the only person who got screwed and they have every right to complain and grieve. I know a lot of people got screwed harder than me but that still don't make it right. Simply because I got a fork in the ass and someone else got a spear in the ass doesn't mean I should smile about it.
Pretty good rant F&I. Couldn't find anything I disagreed with. Had many of the spears myself that you mentioned. In my closer to 80 years than 75, I have so much old fashioned Missouri Mule Stuborness that I won't let someone drive me away from something I wanted to do. Now that I have been retired for about 15 years and enjoying myself by trying not to go broke before I die, because if I go broke, they will win and I will lose. So I am planning to hang around just to be an irritant to this screwed up world. There are some posters on here that tell it like it is, just like you did. Hang in there and don't let them win. JMO

Old 05-05-2013, 11:01 PM

994 posts, read 1,591,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluff_Dweller View Post
Pretty good rant F&I. Couldn't find anything I disagreed with. Had many of the spears myself that you mentioned. In my closer to 80 years than 75, I have so much old fashioned Missouri Mule Stuborness that I won't let someone drive me away from something I wanted to do. Now that I have been retired for about 15 years and enjoying myself by trying not to go broke before I die, because if I go broke, they will win and I will lose. So I am planning to hang around just to be an irritant to this screwed up world. There are some posters on here that tell it like it is, just like you did. Hang in there and don't let them win. JMO
I will keep going, just like you suggested. Thank you.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:52 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,215,642 times
Gee, fireandice1000, although what you say is true, if I had your state of mind, I would be very unhappy and I would have no purpose for living and no joy. There is so much negativity we can find nowadays, I find for me journaling and being positive gives me a reason to live.

Nameste,
Smilin

Old 05-06-2013, 02:31 PM

I get irked and upset about a lot of things too...Life is a lot "tougher" these days. No doubt about it!.. (Or: "No bouta doubta" as husband used to say!)..But I tend to agree with smilin and try to avoid become a total cynic...I try to see some "good" and positives in life (too) so I'll stay in balance....I've almost gone-off the "deep end" a couple of times during my grief process. So I've learned to focus on seeking some balance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning