Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2013, 11:51 AM

379 posts, read 533,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluff_Dweller View Post
I was thinking last night and that seems to always get me into trouble <grin> I had always heard that stress, such as worry and all related variables could cause illnesses. Wouldn't it be something that the posting is relieving stress for us and making us healthier? So thanks MODS for helping us healthwise!
Hmmmm!
Bluff, I believe that completely!! I think when the stress is inside of us, we NEED to get it out however we can. I think posting is very healing and therapeutic

So come on people....POST and GET HEALTHY!! Bluff, you are very wise

tngirl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 03:05 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
You are completely correct about the stress, Bluff. Stress is a killer...literally. This part of the forum surely is a stress buster. Have you been following our journies from when we individually started posting? You can literally see people little by little get better and stronger. It's like we are all in group therapy in one room in a circle every day and talking our grief out and one by one, we find ourselves again. It is amazing when I think back.

You, my friend, did not get into trouble this time with your late night thinking.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:41 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Hi ya, Pip. Sorry to hear about your friend. Last time I really talked with you, hadn't a g/f just passed? (((HUGS)))

MY g/f across the street who finished chemo and radiation for lung cancer 6 months ago had to start another type of chemo for the new cancer they found in her shoulder and her neck. The neck one is pretty close to the esophagus and she went through Earl's sickness with me and she is pretty darned scared. Her lungs are fine so far but this just sucks that there is more in different places. She's been going for check ups every 3 months so what they found is pretty new. Hopefully they caught it in the bud. Friggin' cancer.
thanks Tami and yes I lost a cousin,age 51 to pancreatic cancer. We were very close.
Lost a life-long friend to cancer that began in her throat,went to her lungs then her brain.

I've felt my cousin close by at times and had signs from her. No contact from my friend,Deb
Hope my male friend will choose to contact me at some point. He was so funny and one of the nicest and giving people I've ever known. He died of a heart attack while on vacation

Old 01-26-2013, 11:19 PM

971 posts, read 1,453,292 times
Quote:
You are completely correct about the stress, Bluff. Stress is a killer...literally. This part of the forum surely is a stress buster. Have you been following our journies from when we individually started posting? You can literally see people little by little get better and stronger. It's like we are all in group therapy in one room in a circle every day and talking our grief out and one by one, we find ourselves again. It is amazing when I think back.

You, my friend, did not get into trouble this time with your late night thinking.
And you didn't have to bail me out either, we're all getting better. LOL

Old 01-27-2013, 11:58 AM

"In doing genealogy the past 15 years gave me clues why my grandfathEr and father were the way they were. My grandfather was the youngest of three kids so he was spoiled as my dad was being an only child.

Usually family traits are handed down but sometimes there are rare occassions a family member will be totally opposite to their parents traits. IMO"

Bluff, I copied your last post here so I could talk more about that since it would be OT in the other thread and I wouldn't want to be a bad girl as usual.

My 2nd husband's grandfather left his family (wife and kids) up in Canada to migrate to the US, married another ex-Canadian here and even named one of his sons the same name as a son still up in Canada! That son just up and left HIS wife and children in later years and HIS son has a record of leaving 2 wives, a g/f and 7 kids. He's on his 4th wife now. It apparently ran in the family.

I broke his track record by being the one to leave the marriage for Earl. (No sex, no dates, just talking on the phone on Saturday mornings and seeing each other at work.)

Old 01-27-2013, 09:36 PM

971 posts, read 1,453,292 times
Quote:
"In doing genealogy the past 15 years gave me clues why my grandfathEr and father were the way they were. My grandfather was the youngest of three kids so he was spoiled as my dad was being an only child.

Usually family traits are handed down but sometimes there are rare occassions a family member will be totally opposite to their parents traits. IMO"

Bluff, I copied your last post here so I could talk more about that since it would be OT in the other thread and I wouldn't want to be a bad girl as usual.

My 2nd husband's grandfather left his family (wife and kids) up in Canada to migrate to the US, married another ex-Canadian here and even named one of his sons the same name as a son still up in Canada! That son just up and left HIS wife and children in later years and HIS son has a record of leaving 2 wives, a g/f and 7 kids. He's on his 4th wife now. It apparently ran in the family.

I broke his track record by being the one to leave the marriage for Earl. (No sex, no dates, just talking on the phone on Saturday mornings and seeing each other at work.)
Now that I am older, I can readily see that life is too short to endure a difficult/impossible marriage. Thank you for your input sis. Unfortunately any other questions I wanted a sister to help me with is long gone from my memory.

I can kinda understand my grandfather not living with my grandmother as I lived with her for about 5 years when I started school. I have seen her temper flare to the extent of her spiting as she was spiting out the words of anger. As a young boy, I learned to not be disagreeable. Although my grandparents lived separate they joined each other at holidays and social occassions. He went back to live with her in his failing health and she took care in his final 1 1/2 years of life. My folks stayed together all their life but it wasn't an easy marriage, lots of verbal abuse from both sides. IMO

Strangely enough my grondmothers grandfather was born in Canada (according to a census) and married a widow in Iowa that had 3 sets of twins and a couple of singles and together had a single and another set of twins which was my grandmothers father. My grandmothers mom died at her younger sisters childbirth which her father took badly for several years and his four girls raised themselves while taking care of their dad so I can also see why my grandmother was so independant.

I better post this before I loose it as I have lost so many others in the past.

Thanks again for your info and reply, sis. (((HUGS)))

Old 01-27-2013, 10:32 PM

Hey big brother! Nice to have another sibling. LOL, I have a "sister" up in Manitoba, Canada. I'm her "big sis".

LOL, I wouldn't have talked to my big bro about affairs of the heart!

I watched the Hallmark movie tonight. It was set in Boston and man, oh man, they got the dialect right but those Southie accents need to go! I noticed on American Horror Story...Asylum, the "hero" and "head Villanous" (St. Jude) had Southie accents too. Very bad ones, I may add. Uck, it hurts my ears listening to fake Southie accents. Of course Ben Affleck does a great one, that's his native speech. I hope not everyone thinks that's the way we all sound in Taxachussetts.

There's new series coming to tv shortly, it's called, "Southie". Yep, our Southie. I wonder what on earth a series could be about. Haven't looked into it yet. Whitey Bulger and his Winter Hill Gang? Our own Irish mafia?

Where but here could the leader of the Mass. Senate have a brother who was on the lamb from the FBI??? Oh wait, Kennedy country who gave the US a Pres. whose father was a rumrunner and was an Embassador to England and his maternal g/father was a crooked Boston Mayor Fitzgerald! Silly me. And John Kerry. <<<<(insert puke icon)

Whoa there! Got on a little tangent there! Imagine what I'm like when I drink and type!

Old 01-28-2013, 08:46 AM

Good grief, I got myself so worked up over state politics accidently that I forgot to go back to talking about the Hallmark movie! Not so much the movie except those accents but the Hallmark commercials.

Oh, those Hallmark commercials. Three of them reduced me to tears last night. I was not prepared for that. Didn't even occur to me about the usual commercials that touch your heart. It really hadn't "set in" that Valentine's Day is around the corner. Like all the holidays now, I try and "tune out" until the last possible moment.

Last year I was in too much shock and grief for Valentine's Day to make me feel even worse. Earl had been dead less than a month. One of the commercials last night just made me feel so bad that MY Valentine was gone and I would get no card that he picked out. I cried like a baby. (I am now too) *sigh*

It's so nice to be able to talk about things here.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:41 PM

I have come to a decision. Since it is supposed to reach maybe 60° Wednesday, I am packing up the animals and taking them down with me Wedneday night to be there Thursday for my Craftmatic to be delivered. I'll come back to do laundry and move more of what I can.

I'm going to call the phone company tomorrow and have my landline shut off here and talk to them about WiFi sevice in that area. They don't have my FIOS there, I know that. IDK if they have internet service there either. I shall survive for a couple of days anyway.

I won't be here for a few days after tomorrow until I settle things over there and get "hooked up". I'll miss you guys! If anyone would like to exchange cell #s, DM me and I'd be happy to. That's what we do in my room, a few of us have exchanged #s and when we don't hear from each other after a time, we call to make sure we are still alive and kickin'! Usually just puter problems.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:57 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,216,684 times
We will miss you, Tam. Stay safe. Hugs!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning