Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2013, 04:44 AM

379 posts, read 533,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
Never thought I would say this but here it goes. Twelve days ago, I met a man and the second hour we were talking I knew he was right for me. He called me a week later and I had a nice dinner for him on Monday. He phoned me tonight for a few minutes. I really never imagined myself being with a man but it sure feels good to be smittened. I don't know where this will go, I do know that I will only see him once or twice a week, only on his days off. That is okay with me for now. Wow, I am so HAPPY and to feel Happy and giggly and playful is wonderful.
Oh gurl, I am so happy for you!!! Once again, you have made my day!!

Good for you on moving forward with your life. Smilin, you give me so much inspiration for living life!! I hope this develops into everything you want it to. This is truly one of those "feel good" moments for me, watching you blossom into this alive, vibrant woman! I can only hope the same thing happens for me. I remember those feelings of giddiness when I went to that Christmas party, just the prepping part was fun.

Enjoy your life and please, do keep us posted. I'm rootin' for you! And thanks for sharing with us!

You go girl

tngirl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 03:04 PM

971 posts, read 1,453,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tngirl205 View Post
Oh gurl, I am so happy for you!!! Once again, you have made my day!!

Good for you on moving forward with your life. Smilin, you give me so much inspiration for living life!! I hope this develops into everything you want it to. This is truly one of those "feel good" moments for me, watching you blossom into this alive, vibrant woman! I can only hope the same thing happens for me. I remember those feelings of giddiness when I went to that Christmas party, just the prepping part was fun.

Enjoy your life and please, do keep us posted. I'm rootin' for you! And thanks for sharing with us!

You go girl

tngirl
Yes, it is all good news about smillin going forward. There are lots of guys out there, now it is just a matter of fnding another soul mate. I have even seen deadbeats being turned around.

Don't ever discount the power of the love of a women. JMO

Weatherwise, please be safe out there.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:29 PM

[quote=Bluff_Dweller;28140493]Yes, it is all good news about smillin going forward. There are lots of guys out there, now it is just a matter of fnding another soul mate. I have even seen deadbeats being turned around.

Well Mr. Bluff Dweller, that is a very wonderful thing to say!! Thank you and I would like to add that there is nothing more wonderful than the love of a good man. I know you had it with your wife and I had it with my husband. I don't know if I will ever find love again, but going through the rest of my life alone is not very appealing. I will leave it in God's hands and see what He has in store for me.

Be well my friend.

tngirl

Old 02-09-2013, 08:56 AM

[quote=tngirl205;28142690]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluff_Dweller View Post
Yes, it is all good news about smillin going forward. There are lots of guys out there, now it is just a matter of fnding another soul mate. I have even seen deadbeats being turned around.

Well Mr. Bluff Dweller, that is a very wonderful thing to say!! Thank you and I would like to add that there is nothing more wonderful than the love of a good man. I know you had it with your wife and I had it with my husband. I don't know if I will ever find love again, but going through the rest of my life alone is not very appealing. I will leave it in God's hands and see what He has in store for me.

Be well my friend.

tngirl
I couldn't agree with you anymore tngirl!

Old 02-09-2013, 05:14 PM

Default tami

Anyone heard from tami lately? I know she said she would be out of touch for a bit, but thought we might have heard from her by now. Oh well, as the saying goes, no news is good news.

tngirl

Old 02-09-2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tngirl205 View Post
Anyone heard from tami lately? I know she said she would be out of touch for a bit, but thought we might have heard from her by now. Oh well, as the saying goes, no news is good news.

tngirl
Think she said she had to get the internet hooked up at her other house. Bed was supposed to be delivered. With the weather, it may have caused delays. We can hope for the best. IMO

Old 02-12-2013, 07:46 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,178,280 times
Hi everyone. I haven't had the time to read through this entire thread-but I'm home sick this week and found some time to browse. It's nice to meet everyone.

I am coming here because I'm a long time fan of CDF, and I've been living with a widow for the last 1 1/2 years. As a BF to a widow, my life has completely changed. Having stepped up to the role of BF to a grieving widow has been challenging, rewarding, amazing, and heart-wrenching in waves throughout this process.

I've decided to write a handbook-memoir so to speak-to help friends and family close to widows and widowers understand a little better what happens to this original dynamic that has shifted so suddenly.

I welcome your input as I attend discussions, putting this together for my own personal growth and experience, as well as trying to help others.

thanks!

I'd like to ask a few questions to get your opinion on specific topics, so I think I'll start my own thread just for that.
Kat

Old 02-13-2013, 05:22 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,189,747 times
I'm baaaaack!!!! What a time these past couple of weeks have been. Topped off with 3' of snow last Friday night/Saturday morning. Yes, 3 FEET of snow. Of course it never occured to me to bring the snowblower my husband just bought the year before he died up to the house. Now I can't get to the shed it's in still. I got a little help from a couple of neighbors and was told "NO" by another person who knew my husband and said "Earl was a great guy." Then told me "No" again. A complete stranger helped me shovel the driveway. The a-hole who said "NO" had a snowblower! IJDK about some people.

I am in love with my bed!!! I sleep so good. I go to bed at 9, turn the tv on, first time I've had a tv in the bedroom, put the head of the bed up, the feet a little bit, turn the massager on and then around midnight put the head down but not all the way and I'm out until morning. Heaven.

TY for missing me, tn. I've had a tough time with getting my internet going plus I've never used my laptop as a laptop and had to go learn what to do. DUH.

smilin', needless to say I was shocked and so happy! Good luck, hon.

Bye for now. Be back tomorrow.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:45 AM

Yaaaaaay, tami is back! Safe and somewhat sound, thanks to that new bed!! I was worried about you with all the snow. Seemed like it had been more than a couple of weeks, but glad you are back now. You have been missed.

Wanted to let you know (and everyone else) that I finally decided on a Kindle (for reading).....I bought the Kindle Paperwhite. OMG, what a difference the light makes!! My other Kindle had the keyboard at the bottom which I rarely used, and the background is grayish. You had to have light to read by. This new paperwhite is backlit, so you could even read in the dark. Amazing!! It is a touchscreen, which is different than the other Kindle, but so easy to use. I love it!

I'm currently reading the autobiography of Drew Brees (y'all know I am a football fan!) and it is great.

Everyone have a good day!!

tngirl

Old 02-14-2013, 10:16 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,189,747 times
Yay, tn! I'm so glad you like the Paperwhite. I knew you would. I haven't been using my Kindles since I moved because I have a month of all channels being free with my Direct TV so I'm busy watching movies on them. Yes, tn, I got one DVR for my main tv in the livingroom. I record in the livingroom and watch other shows in the bedroom so I get to see ALL my fav shows. I'm not going to get sucked into paying more than I already will be though, I don't watch any series on the premium channels so I don't get hooked on them. Just movies and I can get my free movies when the month is over on my Kindle Fire. I'm looking forward to being able to sit up comfortably in my bed and watch or read my Kindles! My laptop too, come to think of it.

HGD everyone. It's so nice to be back!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning