Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2013, 10:28 AM

379 posts, read 533,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Alright, tn! You go, g/f! 3 day weekends, love it. Earl had them. I had them once a long time ago. The 10 hour days will be tough at first but you'll get used to them. I never saw my PO even ONCE when I was on probation for DUI. Tough job. Congrats!
Thanks marcy, it's not a done deal yet....but I think this is where God wants me to be.

No tami, not 10 hour days.....I'll still be working part time (30 hrs/wk), 8-4:30, M-Th.....with 3 days off.

I was a felony probation officer in Arizona....figured I was too old then to be chasing around for the bad guys. This is misdemeanor probation, all in the office. I left there to move up one floor to the Clerk's office. I've been there 2 1/2 years; it was part-time, 8-2, and afforded me the chance to be home more with Jim.

Now that life has changed, I have re-looked at what I do. A bill collector/bookkeeper......not my cup of tea. I was a good P.O. I loved the counseling part of it. I helped a few people. I don't want to be a bill collector the rest of my life. I want to help people. Despite all the jobs that I have applied for lately, I have not received the first call or gotten the first interview. My attitude is different now than before, I will put up with the dysfuntional office (director and 78 yr old P.O. that seriously needs to retire) in order to do what I like and get that 3-day weekend. I've wanted that all my life. The director thinks I am the greatest thing since sliced bread....thank goodness.

As soon as I know for sure, I will make the official announcement! But thanks for the good wishes, I appreciate it!

tngirl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 08:44 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,204,357 times
tn, you must be the sweet jam for that sliced bread. Good luck, hon.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
tn, you must be the sweet jam for that sliced bread. Good luck, hon.
Thanks tami!!

And on another note....."HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to you!!

Old 04-01-2013, 01:54 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,204,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tngirl205 View Post
Thanks tami!!

And on another note....."HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to you!!
Thank you, tn. Had a most enjoyable dinner with friends last night and my g/f who has cancer, again, gave me the most amazing picture to hang and I shall think of her every time I look at it. I may have only a couple of "real" friends but they are the best!

Old 04-03-2013, 02:53 AM

971 posts, read 1,454,276 times
Quote:
Thank you, tn. Had a most enjoyable dinner with friends last night and my g/f who has cancer, again, gave me the most amazing picture to hang and I shall think of her every time I look at it. I may have only a couple of "real" friends but they are the best!

Old 04-06-2013, 07:53 AM

Default To Bluff Dweller

Hey Bluff......just wanted to say hello to my big brother!! Hope all is well in your world!

tngirl

Old 04-06-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Hey Bluff......just wanted to say hello to my big brother!! Hope all is well in your world!

tngirl
Good morning 'lil sis. No costly crisis here lately so guess that is positive. I read all the sisters posts daily just to see how everyone is doing. Had a call yesterday from my last working 9 year younger twin brother saying he is officially retired and signed up for social security. The other twin brother has been out of work for over 20 years. His type of job was eliminated from the workforce. Hard to imagine they are that old.LOL
My son has a new smart phone that he is trying to business with and hadn't been getting my emails while he was at the car shows and came by to check on me. When he left me he went to his summer house to check it out and found it had been broken into and his inboard boat was taken. The police made a report and called and said they found his boat in Memphis a couple of days later. No trailer, just the boat.
Couple of weeks ago I went to the bookkeepers to pay my last years taxes and went by Home Depot to get an esitimate on some vertical blinds. Four times the installer has changed the date to come and measure, next Tuesday is now it. LOL Like you, just playing the waiting game.<grin>
Thanks for asking, possible bad weather coming your way after it passes here. Keep an eye on the sky.
Bluff

Old 04-10-2013, 09:06 PM

Default Storms

Hey Bluff, did you make it through the storms ok? Hope so. Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you.

tngirl

Old 04-11-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Hey Bluff, did you make it through the storms ok? Hope so. Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you.

tngirl
Thanks for thinking of me sis. Made it fine. After two nights if lightening storms, the front finally came through. The storm went North East so it will miss you. Thank goodness.

I have a lot of trees on the north side of the house which breaks the wind that might blow me off the edge of the bluff I sit on. I am sitting on layers of solid limestone rock so not much chance of the bluff sliding into the water, so I am reasonably secure.

Just cold weather again. Some frost predicted for a couple of days now.
Hope your doing well, ((((HUGS))))

Bro Bluff

Old 04-30-2013, 08:08 PM

Nothing like killing a thread so will add some info for more messages.

tngirl you now know my connection with Tenn. now for my kinship with Tami. My progenator, Henry the blacksmith came to the USA and settled in Brainard, Mass. in 1632 and my family line descends from him. He worked there until he retired to Hull, Mass. and is buried there in an unmarked grave. Most of his Kids went south and west. Although several of us are searching, we haven't found where Henry came from. The search continues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning