Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2013, 05:07 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times

Advertisements

I went to an email place I never even think of today and saw an email from tngirl. She said to say "HI!" to everyone. She has moved to Tuscon to be near her sis and bil. She has a new man in her life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 01:06 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,571,496 times
I'm in Tucson, I'd love to see her. Congrats to her for having someone in her life. I can't make that leap yet, and doubt I ever will, but I am happy she's happy.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:22 AM

971 posts, read 1,453,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I went to an email place I never even think of today and saw an email from tngirl. She said to say "HI!" to everyone. She has moved to Tuscon to be near her sis and bil. She has a new man in her life.
Glad to hear she is doing well!

Old 10-18-2013, 10:31 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,216,684 times
Gosh, hope she is inclined to stop by and say "hello"
I am so happy for her.
Tam thanks for posting this.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I'm in Tucson, I'd love to see her. Congrats to her for having someone in her life. I can't make that leap yet, and doubt I ever will, but I am happy she's happy.
Me too, Marcy. More power to her. I doubt I ever will either. Too much trouble to try again. Plus I was truly happy with Earl and no man, IMO, could ever come close to the character he had. I'm getting very comfortable with my "oneness" role and am not as lonely as I used to be. It's just becoming a way of life. There's oodles of people out there, single, searching for love and never finding it. I was blessed with Earl and am starting to have no problem with accepting that he was a "lesson" sent to me and I learned that "lesson" well and am content even though Earl gave me his "blessings" to find another love, I don't think I want to. Does that make me weird?

Hi ya, Bluff!

Old 10-19-2013, 09:09 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,314,426 times
Quote:
Me too, Marcy. More power to her. I doubt I ever will either. Too much trouble to try again. Plus I was truly happy with Earl and no man, IMO, could ever come close to the character he had. I'm getting very comfortable with my "oneness" role and am not as lonely as I used to be. It's just becoming a way of life. There's oodles of people out there, single, searching for love and never finding it. I was blessed with Earl and am starting to have no problem with accepting that he was a "lesson" sent to me and I learned that "lesson" well and am content even though Earl gave me his "blessings" to find another love, I don't think I want to. Does that make me weird?

Hi ya, Bluff!
It makes sense to me! I have no desire to "search" for a new mate either! You're not weird!

Old 10-19-2013, 09:59 AM

Thanks, CA.

Old 10-19-2013, 05:42 PM

136 posts, read 237,724 times
Hello Friends. My mom passed away two months ago due to complications of Dementia. She was 90. Last time I saw her was almost two years ago and couldn't make it to her funeral due to a new work situation. While mourning her death, my brother and father have turned their backs on me for not going to her funeral yet read a poem I had written for her before her death. I have my husband and son, but feel like I lost my whole family when she died. They live cross country as well. Really having a hard time coming to terms with the way she died. She had a blood infection from an undetected UTI and was admitted to the hospital by my Dad. After antibiotics and fluids, she over came the infection, but my Dad decided this was the time to implement a DNR while hospitalized which means he had the hospital stop giving her fluids, food and only morphine if it looked like she was in pain. She fought for her life for two weeks while being starved to death. My Dad decided she shouldn't live any longer with Dementia and wasn't really living. Doctor's did what he wanted. Her heart was good, her vitals were good, but as far I am concerned, she was killed.

Old 10-19-2013, 08:19 PM

971 posts, read 1,453,110 times
Quote:

Hi ya, Bluff!
Hi ya, Tami!

No I don't think you are weird at all and I think the rest of us agree with your feelings. Should anything change, I think we will know it and will change accordingly. In the mean time I am becoming acustomed to being a single.

(((HUGS to you ALL))) Bluff

Old 10-20-2013, 01:12 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
It makes sense to me! I have no desire to "search" for a new mate either! You're not weird!
Well everyone posting in the Chat and Happy Thoughts might be weird. But I feel comfortable with everyone. More importantly, it's so nice that some are feeling better than even two months ago.

Congratulations to all for hanging in there another day when it was the bleakest and you were suffering the most. It is impressive to me how internet friends have helped support each other

Good luck on Sunday, Smilin'.

And CA, if you continue you with your cat rescue work, do you think your nickname here might morph into CATiZona?

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning