Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2013, 01:29 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,572,682 times

Advertisements

Congratulations on the car!! I bought a new car in January which was quite an adventure as I'd never bought a car on my own before! It's pretty liberating. Have a lot of fun with it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 03:15 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Thank you to all who serve and those who have died for our country. GOD Bless.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:34 PM

Bluff, I am hoping this wicked weather hasn't touched you and you are okay. (((hugs)))

Old 06-02-2013, 01:05 PM

971 posts, read 1,453,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Bluff, I am hoping this wicked weather hasn't touched you and you are okay. (((hugs)))
All A-O.K. here Tami, thanks for asking. I was awake in the wee hours for two nights in a row. All seems to have settled down for a couple of days. Lawn is 90% mowed and no rain forecasted until Wed. of next week. Hopeful the storms disipate a bit before they arrive to tn and you. My cell phone no longer rings, the signal strength is one bar. Guess the towers got hit somewhat. (((hugs)))

Old 06-03-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluff_Dweller View Post
All A-O.K. here Tami, thanks for asking. I was awake in the wee hours for two nights in a row. All seems to have settled down for a couple of days. Lawn is 90% mowed and no rain forecasted until Wed. of next week. Hopeful the storms disipate a bit before they arrive to tn and you. My cell phone no longer rings, the signal strength is one bar. Guess the towers got hit somewhat. (((hugs)))
I'm very glad to hear you are safe and sound, big bro. We got rain this morning but nothing like TWC was saying it would be. Vt, Me. and NH got wacked harder than we did. IDK about other parts of the state, I can't get Boston news down here anymore but this area was spared. Guess I should learn to use my puter more for the Boston news, huhn?

Last night was the last car load of stuff from the house by the sea to be brought here "in land". Now I can concentrate on getting this place settled. It's awfully crammed in here with two households in one space. There was 3 generations of stuff in that house and the sheds. I found stuff I haven't seen since I was a little girl! I "ratpacked" way too much, I know, but I just couldn't leave the memories behind. Hopefully I will get the "new" shed here cleaned out before the snow flies so I can get the snowblower out! IDNK my husband had bought a new snowblower. I could have used it this past winter and maybe that would have saved my dog's life? Who knows. I like to beat myself up over "what ifs".

Old 06-03-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
I'm very glad to hear you are safe and sound, big bro. We got rain this morning but nothing like TWC was saying it would be. Vt, Me. and NH got wacked harder than we did. IDK about other parts of the state, I can't get Boston news down here anymore but this area was spared. Guess I should learn to use my puter more for the Boston news, huhn?

Last night was the last car load of stuff from the house by the sea to be brought here "in land". Now I can concentrate on getting this place settled. It's awfully crammed in here with two households in one space. There was 3 generations of stuff in that house and the sheds. I found stuff I haven't seen since I was a little girl! I "ratpacked" way too much, I know, but I just couldn't leave the memories behind. Hopefully I will get the "new" shed here cleaned out before the snow flies so I can get the snowblower out! IDNK my husband had bought a new snowblower. I could have used it this past winter and maybe that would have saved my dog's life? Who knows. I like to beat myself up over "what ifs".
Yep, watching the storms on the puter isn't a bad thing especially when it rains hard and your t.v. looses its signal. I watch NOAA web site with my zip code listed and watch the storm as it advances toward/through my county. It allows me to see if I need to hibernate in my wellhouse which is built in my garage separately. It is about 4 feet below my house floor level. About 40 years a tornado hit the bluff within 100 feet of my folks old house, cut its bottom off and caused it to lift up over the pensula we live on and hit the lake on the other side. It spun around and demolished a block motel about a quarter mile from here. Most of the docks had to be rebuilt. It happened about 3 p.m. so we watched most of what happened. Sleet came down the size of softballs which put holes in the top of my '55 convertable. It was only about 30 feet across so it was small but did a lot of damage. It wrapped 16 foot aluminum fishing boats around trees in several places. Strange I remember back so far but don't remember what I did yesterday. LOL Wish you a good week, lil sis. (((HUGS)))

Old 06-06-2013, 07:54 AM

I hope our lack of hearing from our sister tn means she is busily getting on with her life and all is well.

Old 06-06-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
I hope our lack of hearing from our sister tn means she is busily getting on with her life and all is well.
Amen

Old 06-06-2013, 05:10 PM

I almost forgot....God Bless all who fought today, D-Day, all those years ago.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:25 PM

Happy Room??? I AM happy!!! OMG, just got off the phone with my Union's pension fund and found out I will be getting 36 months worth of pension retroactive!!!!! Thank you, thank you, my dear Lord God!!! I am so happy I cried tears of joy. Of course Taxachusetts and the Feds will get almost 1/2 of it but that's still a good chunk of change! Change is what it will do for me too. The stress will be gone. I can happily live out my life pretty stress free if I am frugal. LOL, I don't know how to live that way but I'm going to try and learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning