Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2014, 06:44 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,580,321 times

Advertisements

Hello cyn and hugs to baby Suds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Hello Friends!

We are home from our trip to Japan. As always, it was wonderful, we experienced such kindness and generosity. All the family were well and we had some memorable times together. Masa and I also visited some wonderful areas as tourists.
The flight is always arduous....but even though long and uncomfortable.....it is worth it.

I see that you are all doing well.
Welcome home, elston.

Old 11-12-2014, 08:27 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,915,017 times
Im thinking about ya CYN

Old 11-12-2014, 08:40 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,579,398 times
Welcome home Elston.

Good morning Cyn.

Old 11-12-2014, 08:47 AM

819 posts, read 1,596,221 times
Cyn, why don't you start a new one on One positive thing that happened today! You may have to pull really had to find that good thing, but it can be as simple as looking at the clouds and what formation you saw. Or something funny that one of your critters did to make you happy.

I have become involved with helping a very needy family and have asked for donations, etc., from friends on a msg board in my home town. Like here, I do not know them in "real life" but are slowly meeting some of them. The outcome has become incredible and in turn I am doing for others that need help. Doesn't have to cost a lot of money. Went thru all my granddaughters little toys that she no longer plays with and going to donate them to a family with a small child that got evicted and is living in a efficiency motel room. I am certainly not blowing my own horn, but jus getting a little more involved in our community. I will be volunteering with an group that helped my family in need.

Hello to everyone else, and Suds Miranda is such a sweet, pretty little thing. I may try and get her a little box together before Christmas. Let me know what she's in to know. Probably Frozen like most 3 and 4 year olds.

Old 11-12-2014, 12:50 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,252,346 times
We actually have a thread that does not totally dwell on our grief...

https://www.city-data.com/forum/grief...om-thread.html

Last edited by tamiznluv; 11-12-2014 at 01:09 PM..

Old 11-13-2014, 10:04 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,342,002 times
Hi everyone!

Miranda had a CT scan and clinic visit yesterday, that's why I wasn't online. Everything looks great!

Elston, nice to see you back!

Big hugs everyone.

Old 11-13-2014, 03:48 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,361,231 times
Well looks like I joined the millions of other people with catching this flu or cold or whatever the heck it is---but it is miserable. I was suppose to go to group about learning to deal with the holidays with grief....really wanted and felt the need to go but not only did I just feel to sick I sure didn't want to spread it around. So instead I have critters fed, watered and ready for bed, dishes are being washed, shades are drawn (expecting very cold nights for awhile) and am ready to hit the sack. Not sure if I can go to sleep because I took a Sudafed and they have a tendency to keep me anxious and awake. But I had to breath---now I think I will gargle with some warm salt water and call it a night!

Old 11-13-2014, 05:31 PM

48,288 posts, read 22,061,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
Hi everyone!

Miranda had a CT scan and clinic visit yesterday, that's why I wasn't online. Everything looks great!

Elston, nice to see you back!

Big hugs everyone.
Such very good news about the sweetpea! I have been looking for confirmation of the good news!

Just like my cancer....you are always a bit worried....but have to accept the good news in the same spirit as the bad.

I rejoice with you and your family.

God Bless all cancer patients...life is never the same...but life is wonderful.

Old 11-15-2014, 11:25 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,342,002 times
Hi! Anybody here?

Cyn, I hope you cold is better. Take care!

Old 11-15-2014, 11:59 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,361,231 times
I wish Sudcaro. Seems to be bringing me down even more with the freezing temperatures!! I'm caring for the neighbors 4 dogs this week-end so I have to stay somewhat alert--plus taking care of my own critters. Really I would just like to crawl under the covers and go to sleep but that won't get anything done so I'm listing online today.
I understand elston--I really do. There are time when as much as I depend on coming here for support I feel the need to keep a distance so I don't become so dependent on it. My reason for staying busy. Still the people here and the caring and support is unmatched anywhere so I do still try to make my daily visit. This has been an unusually difficult last few weeks...can't say why but it has. Maybe the weather--shorter days or even the holidays but whatever the reason it isn't pretty! But maybe I stay busier and that can't be all bad. At least I'll be getting some things done! Ha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning