Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2017, 01:58 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,928,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Good news from Kansas City. I passed the RPSGT Exam yesterday. I am now a Registered Sleep Technician and this should help me get employed fairly soon. Hope you're all doing as well as possible.

Everyone have good Tuesday's!
This is wonderful news elkotronics. I knew you could do it. Hopoig that perfect job comes along quickly for you now.

Old 06-27-2017, 03:28 PM

48,167 posts, read 22,024,577 times
Shades ... I love your goofy doggie. Love him up!

Old 06-27-2017, 05:00 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,508,898 times
Thanks everybody! That test was a bearcat!

Old 06-27-2017, 05:45 PM

9,327 posts, read 16,677,955 times
Have been taking it easy yet purging some more as I go along. My DH's cremains came home yesterday and I feel comfort in him being with me. I talk to him, cry and feel peaceful. He will always be in my heart. Our plan is to have our cremains, along with Molly's, placed in the ocean in Kauai, where we were married on the beach.

Congratulations to ELKOTRONICS! Good job! I hope CYN enjoys her special time with her family. My son and DIL were here for almost two weeks and I miss them, although they call constantly. SHADES, you know I love all the purple! My favorite color, as you know by the pictures I shared with you.

My neighbors, a couple in their 40's, are like family to me. They have a big 4th of July weekend, rafting down the river and raising hell. I offered to help her cook in preparation. It will keep me busy and Molly loves the river.

That female cardinal continues to peck at the windows in the family room. She has been doing that ever since we came home in April from FL. If it's a message from Heaven, she sure is persistent.

Old 06-27-2017, 09:23 PM

Thanks Elston. Yes he is for sure a goofy one. Dorky also fits. But he is such a love. And good for his hair cut and bath. I would not be able to do him if he were not. Biggest problem for me now is lifting his 50 pounds up onto the grooming table. A lady down in Weiser has to give away her mothers long haired shaggy poodle mutt with issues. I told her I would groom him up for her hoping it will help find a good home for him. I LOVED my dog grooming business for so many years but I know my back and the pain in my hands will only allow me to do it once in awhile. Too bad as it was always the job I LOVED to do. And I think the doggies loved me too. We always tried to mke it fun for them and they were always happy to see me. Was a great job.

Ellwood so good you dropped in. Purging is hard. I am so glad I did the things I knew I would not be keeping of hubbies right away while I was still feeling totally numb from losing him. I think for me it was the best time as I find now it is too hard to send another things of his off. Of course most of what is left are his tools in the garage and I used them almost as much or more then he did in the last few years.

I also felt very comforted when I finally got Joe's cremains home. Like you I talk to them. Some times just take the box out and hold them. I will save them for when I am heading out too and making arrangements for us to be scattered some where , hopefully on the mountain, together.

WOW on your Cardinal at your window. I did have a bird coming to me at the window but it was a sparrow with a red head. He?? hung out in my side yard a lot but I have not seen him in awhile. I would never give up on those signs from heaven though. Seems my latest is dimes appearing. 5 of them in the last few weeks. And I know it is five because I decided when I found money to pick it up and put it in my blessings jar. There are a couple of pennies I have picked up , one nickle and five dimes. When I found the last one I was starting to see a pattern so I counted them to see how many there were. Not getting the reason behind them other than twice I found them when I was shopping and walked away from some thing I was considering buying and NOT buying. It was only clothes, T-shirts on sale. I live in T-shirts.

I bet Molly is missing her Papa too. And such a romantic wedding story. A beautiful destination for your kids to head to to fulfill yours and hubbys last wishes.

Old 06-28-2017, 09:24 AM

3,591 posts, read 1,154,221 times
I am so happy for you Elko! Whew!
Loving my family! Going home tomorrow But. will be happy to see my critters and sister. Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 06-28-2017, 10:27 AM

48,167 posts, read 22,024,577 times
Thanks for checking in with us.........we do know that you are busy, so appreciate it even more. Safe travels tomorrow.

Old 06-28-2017, 01:57 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,154,221 times
As always...thank you elston! You always make me feel good! My oldest sister has a very bad back and walks bent over but she is such a strong positive person..A real inspiration! She makes very little of her situation and sees the all the good in her life. I love her! A lot to learn there!

Old 06-28-2017, 05:52 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,508,898 times
Oh, my, a recruiter is searching in to a position for me in...wait for it...West Virginia of all places! What a life! And this one could go through - I passed on to him my resume, phone number, professional references, etc. Now to set up a call from the Sleep Manager. It's a small community - north central West Virginia. The population of the town is a tad over 4,000 people. Wow.

Old 06-29-2017, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Oh, my, a recruiter is searching in to a position for me in...wait for it...West Virginia of all places! What a life! And this one could go through - I passed on to him my resume, phone number, professional references, etc. Now to set up a call from the Sleep Manager. It's a small community - north central West Virginia. The population of the town is a tad over 4,000 people. Wow.
Holding good thoughts this one will be the right fit for you elkotronics. I love small towns, There is about 160 people in the little town I live in. Give or take a few.

Safe travels home for you today Cyn.

I am up WAY before I prefer to be. I am headed to the doctor with a friend Just for moral support. She would do the same for me.

A neighbor from the far corner stopped buy while I was watering in the yard last night. Yes a guy neighbor but very married , which is a good thing. Gave him a tour of the house and he wants to bring his wife up to see it too. He did say if we get the kind of winter we had last he would be sure to check in or his son and give me a hand. They thought I was gone for the winter. Nope just snowed in. But I did have trails dug out around to get to garage and back yard for the dog. They were just so deep no one could see me working in them. I was feeling a bit like a mole for awhile.

I did install two window panes in the door yesterday and two more ready for install.

Another friend called me in the late afternoon and her husband passed away. Not expected. He was being treated for prostrate cancer but he also had other complications and was a very uncooperative patient. We talked on the phone for a ling time the day before and this was not at all expected. She was putting him i the car to go for his radiation treatment and he collapsed and was gone. I really feel for her as I , as most of you, know just how she is feeling right now. So much to have to deal with and her heart breaking.

So I best get myself up and going here to be ready when she comes. Still several morning chores need to be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.